PDA

View Full Version : Discovery List Leaked?

Lucky Strike
12-02-2008, 09:50 PM
http://www.mls-rumors.net/2008/12/report-toronto-fc-top-30-tfc-discovery.html

Oh good god, if this is true, I hope it doesn't screw us.

Lucky Strike
12-02-2008, 09:51 PM
Who may be coming to Toronto FC? The list which was leaked to us may provide some answers.

Below is a list of 30 players we were emailed by someone wishing to remain anonymous. It is allegedly a list of players who Toronto has discovery claims on or soon will. While some of these players had previously been linked to MLS or Toronto FC others are completely new revelations and some are surprising.

Regarding the list...

They state:

Here is a list of international players which Toronto in the past, currently have, or are planning to file discovery paperwork on with MLS:

Shola Ameobi
Craig Bellamy
Philippe Charles Lucien Christanval
Ivan Cordoba
Edgar Davids
Paul Dickov
Stephano Fiore
Robbie Fowler
Kevin Gall
Nuno Gomes
Iain Hume
Harry Kewell
Patrick Kluivert
Clodoaldo Paulino de Lima
Gaizka Mendieta
Liam Miller
Kiki Musampa
Ruud van Nistelrooy
Victor Danilo Pacheco
Alessandro Del Piero
Joao Pinto
Facundo Sava
Paul Scholes
Marcos Senna
Andriy Shevchenko
Nolberto Solano
Hakan Sukur
Manuel Diego Tello
Mark Viduka
Ross Wallace
Do with it what you will but keep my name and email address anonymous. You did not get this from me. Thanks.

Most of these we've heard rumours about before...others are new and complete surprise like Nistelrooij and Shevchenko.

MartinUtd
12-02-2008, 09:54 PM
At a quick glance it looks like a culmination of every rumor thread on here.

You know its bullshit because Kevin Gall even said he wont accept the contract terms of MLS.

DOMIN8R
12-02-2008, 09:56 PM
What does it take to file discovery in the MLS. The team making the filing has to have met/communicated/tried to negotiate? Is this right or at least partially right?

Lucky Strike
12-02-2008, 09:58 PM
At a quick glance it looks like a culmination of every rumor thread on here.

You know its bullshit because Kevin Gall even said he wont accept the contract terms of MLS.

Not necessarily, TFC might have filed a discovery claim to cover its bases during negotiations.

Actually, aren't teams limited to 6 discovery claims during a season? So at most, 12 (perhaps 18 if TFC was allowed to delve into its supply for 2009) of those would be genuine.

UltraSuperMegaMo
12-02-2008, 09:58 PM
I tend to think this is BS. I kind of hope it is, shouldn’t TFC be looking at younger players (the average on the list is 30+ easily) playing in a wider number of leagues?

jabbronies
12-02-2008, 10:01 PM
Paul Scholes?? Ruud Van Nistleroy?? I find those two really hard to believe.

Nuvinho
12-02-2008, 10:03 PM
This list is too funny......I can't stop laughing.

Pacheco....didn't he play 45 minutes for us, then was subbed off......

MG42
12-02-2008, 10:05 PM
lol isn't this Shaughno's rumour list :)

Nuvinho
12-02-2008, 10:06 PM
I am sure mlsintoronto will have something to say about this ( I see him viewing this thread ).

Ossington Mental Youth
12-02-2008, 10:06 PM
Pretty sure RSL has Van Nistilrooy

Ossington Mental Youth
12-02-2008, 10:07 PM
Looks like someone just sent an email with a list of people we've been rumored to be interested in the past

MG42
12-02-2008, 10:09 PM
This is an attempt at payback by MLS Rumors against us :lol:

Don't take the bait!

Nuvinho
12-02-2008, 10:09 PM
Looks like someone just sent an email with a list of people we've been rumored to be interested in the past

Yes, with a few names they probably picked out of a hat. If this was the list, Huckerby should be on the list, even tho he is with SJ. He was still a discovery claim by us.

Lucky Strike
12-02-2008, 10:13 PM
This is an attempt at payback by MLS Rumors against us :lol:

Don't take the bait!

What is it a payback for exactly? I am not getting my memos... :rolleyes:

Ossington Mental Youth
12-02-2008, 10:13 PM
Yes, with a few names they probably picked out of a hat. If this was the list, Huckerby should be on the list, even tho he is with SJ. He was still a discovery claim by us.

yep, couple names to make it 'authentic'

cmonyoureds
12-02-2008, 11:10 PM
how come they left off ronaldo, terry, gerrard, danny, fabregas, and kaka?

Shakes McQueen
12-02-2008, 11:22 PM
That'd be cool if they actually were looking at Marcos Senna.

- Scott

ccopela
12-02-2008, 11:33 PM
Haha this list makes me laugh. I'm sure there's a file on Mo's computer called mydiscoverylist.doc. Then his secretary got onto his computer and then sent it to MLSrumors. This is basically just a compilation of every rumor we've already heard about.

deeznutz
12-02-2008, 11:44 PM
You sure this aint a Chelsea wish list??

UltraSuperMegaMo
12-03-2008, 12:01 AM
Even if the list is a work of fiction, I wouldn’t mind it if TFC gave Philippe Charles Lucien Christanval a look.

Ossington Mental Youth
12-03-2008, 12:02 AM
he'd be great, was just reading what he was up to (trialled at Blackburn, not yet signed)

UltraSuperMegaMo
12-03-2008, 12:12 AM
Ross Wallace or Liam Miller might not be too crazy either as both of them seem to be on the outs at Sunderland. I assume they’d both be a little too pricey though, unless loan deals could be worked out.

Nuvinho
12-03-2008, 12:28 AM
Christanval was named last year in rumours during mid-season.

Wallace and Miller were linked to TFC at the beginning of last year.

UltraSuperMegaMo
12-03-2008, 12:35 AM
Christanval was named last year in rumours during mid-season.

Wallace and Miller were linked to TFC at the beginning of last year.

I recall that. There’s no reason to suppose that some of the players on the above list aren’t still TFC targets. Miller even trained with the team once.

Jeff s
12-03-2008, 12:38 AM
hmm all these players were rumored, that was all. They even have some retired players there. Hmm i wonder if its bullshit:rolleyes:

UltraSuperMegaMo
12-03-2008, 12:41 AM
I think the author peppered a few names in list that haven’t been linked to TFC: Edgar Davids, Ruud van Nistelrooy, Paul Scholes, etc. Though there can be little question that the list is a steaming heap of BS.

Cashcleaner
12-03-2008, 01:48 AM
The list is total bullshit. Why would MLS Rumours even think about posting such nonsense? Its obvious to me that they just posted a bunch of players a that some TFC fans would like to see play for Toronto. :rolleyes:

Sonny Cheeba
12-03-2008, 01:50 AM
who's del piero? glad this discovery list came out, i would have never heard of him. he must be russian.

GhostPK
12-03-2008, 01:55 AM
someone should send in "List 2". I'm sure anyone can make a more realistic list then this.

jloome
12-03-2008, 02:03 AM
A quick google of each name tells you every one of these has been mentioned on these boards, either as a current trial player, a "wish list" player, or potential dp etc.

UltraSuperMegaMo
12-03-2008, 04:02 AM
From the MLSR twitter feed:

"Leaked" Toronto discovery list ruled a hoax by TFC source but one name on the REAL list is Ishmel Demontagnac, a England U21 winger/striker

Mikey
12-03-2008, 08:19 AM
someone should send in "List 2". I'm sure anyone can make a more realistic list then this.

It's MLS rumors people, we could send in a TFC list with Gretzky as DP, and they would print it....

Lets not forget the story they ran about rampant hooliganism on the Go trains leaving BMO.

TorontoBlades
12-03-2008, 08:21 AM
Actually this list look pretty legit to me.

Shaughno
12-03-2008, 08:28 AM

There are 30 names on there. We are allowed up to 6 Discovery Signings per year. Not a chance is that list correct. Someone compiled a list of players we've been linked with, missing out some key names all the while. Remember, some of the players that actually have played with us have been Disc. signings as well, so no way is that list anywhere near accurate. Maybe the players TFC has been in contact with, even still I doubt it.

Shaughno
12-03-2008, 08:30 AM
From the MLSR twitter feed:

"Leaked" Toronto discovery list ruled a hoax by TFC source but one name on the REAL list is Ishmel Demontagnac, a England U21 winger/striker

Hmm..

Ishmel Demontagnac (born 15 June 1988) is an English (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/England) football (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_football) midfielder (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midfielder) without a club after his contract with League One (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_League_One) side Walsall (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walsall_F.C.) was terminated following a series of serious breaches of club discipline.

Ossington Mental Youth
12-03-2008, 08:33 AM
Looks about right, I remember reading about him in the papers recently (i think).

ACSertL
12-03-2008, 08:34 AM
I like the 'serious breaches of club discipline part'. :)

I tell ya we should just get a team full of misfits that no one in their right mind would want to play. I see that Bellamy and Fowler were on that MLS Rumours list :lol:

Shaughno
12-03-2008, 08:34 AM
Who's next on the list, Gallas? :rofl:

Ossington Mental Youth
12-03-2008, 08:35 AM
I think dude did some shit like breaking and entering or something of the sort

Ossington Mental Youth
12-03-2008, 08:37 AM
sorry, was thinking of someone else
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/football_league/article5151344.ece
Heres the lowdown tho

Shaughno
12-03-2008, 08:38 AM
Here's what I found on him:

Ishmel Demontagnac pays for hot-headed attitude

Winger with a history of alcohol-related incidents and sendings-off is finally given his marching orders by Walsall

“The club have been in touch with us and we have been made aware that his contract has been terminated after a number of incidents,” Taylor said. “It's never a good situation when you hear of a promising career going off track. There have been some serious incidents concerning alcohol and we have been in contact with the player and his agent to offer him help through Sporting Chance.”
Tony Adams, the Portsmouth manager, set up the Sporting Chance Clinic in 2000 as a charity dedicated to helping sportspeople to recover from addictive illnesses such as alcoholism.
Although it is thought that the player will not contest Walsall's decision, the Coca-Cola League One club may seek to keep his playing registration. “We can't deny the club have the right to terminate his contract but if they do wish to retain his registration, they would have to pay him a basic wage after a six-week period,” Taylor said. “We want to help him find fresh employment if he can respond to the right support.”
Demontagnac joined Walsall from Charlton Athletic three years ago and represented England at under-18 and 19 levels. However, he has struggled to fulfil his potential amid a long line of disciplinary problems. He was dismissed in Saturday's 3-1 home defeat for lashing out in retaliation.
“It's the culmination of three years of indiscipline,” Mullen said. “The lad is a fantastic talent, there's no doubt about it, who on his day could open up any defence. I've said it before and I'll say it again, [with] what he's got in terms of his ability he should be playing in the Premier League. But obviously there's something within him, the person, that stops him from doing it.
“It is a complete and utter shame that it has been necessary to take this course of action. With what happened at the weekend, the club and myself discussed the situation with the whole staff and it was quite obvious that enough was enough. It is not a nice situation to be in but we have to move on.”
Demontagnac was sent off twice for violent conduct in the 2005-06 season, a campaign in which he also scored on his debut away to Port Vale. He has missed the team bus through poor timekeeping and been involved in training-ground incidents. This season he has started only two games and made ten appearances as a substitute, scoring a hat-trick in the 5-2 victory over Southend United in August.

ACSertL
12-03-2008, 08:39 AM
Who's next on the list, Gallas? :rofl:

Jermaine 'Ashley Cole' Pennant :)

Ossington Mental Youth
12-03-2008, 08:40 AM
could also explain why we put Smith on the chopping block...

Hitcho
12-03-2008, 08:43 AM

Are you the one who mailed it to MLS Rumours? :D

Shaughno
12-03-2008, 08:43 AM
Very true... much better player than both Smith's combined from all accounts. Heard about this kid from my cousin who saw him play for Walsall and said he was a 'rare talent' that had to be seen to be believed.

rocker
12-03-2008, 08:45 AM
sign this kid and put him up in Dichio's house.. behaviour problems solved... ;)