PDA

View Full Version : Footy Show Reviews TFC Players.

Dub Narcotic
11-29-2008, 07:34 AM
Not sure if this was posted already. Footy Show blog continues to be, by far, the best source for TFC analysis.

http://my.thescore.com/footyblog/archive/2008/11/27/3390.aspx

seankeay
11-29-2008, 07:36 AM
There a bunch of wankers

TFCREDNWHITE
11-29-2008, 08:55 AM
Nah, I think they do a bang up job. Nice work guys.

TFCREDNWHITE
11-29-2008, 09:30 AM
Just a note: If Newcastle Loan out "Edgar" to us....the loan money counts against the cap...

TFC 420
11-29-2008, 10:10 AM
There a bunch of wankers
Are you really Sean Keay from the Score?
I think that their assesment of TFC players was fair and well explained.
BTW it's "They're a bunch of wankers"

Stouffville_RPB
11-29-2008, 10:12 AM
Just a note: If Newcastle Loan out "Edgar" to us....the loan money counts against the cap...

I think that just about kills any chance of this happening.

Daveisonfire
11-29-2008, 10:40 AM
I try to listen to the Footy Show podcast as much as I can and never has there been a bad episode

Broadview
11-29-2008, 10:50 AM

One does wonder what business JC was conducting in Newcastle on TFC's behalf though. The the talented young Canadian on the squad who doesn't get much playing time is the first thing that comes to mind.

Could Edgar's existing contract be torn up if both he and the club choose to do so? Then an MLS sized contract written up in it's place and the loan completed then?

It's a stretch to imagine for sure, but maybe the kid just wants to play, and doing so at home might seem attractive.

That'd be cool :)

seankeay
11-29-2008, 11:16 AM
No, the guys such a star I changed my screen name to his name.

Yea, its me.... and thanks for the grammar check

rocker
11-29-2008, 12:24 PM
i can't wait to see if sean keay doesn't get the MLS mock draft completely wrong again this time ;)

Lucky Strike
11-29-2008, 12:55 PM

What's the source for that? I don't mean to say I don't believe you or anything, just curious is all. :D

BTW, they didn't know of any overseas loan to MLS but there was Stamatopoulos from Tromso IL last year, I don't know how those details worked out.

nfitz
11-29-2008, 01:13 PM
Ah, perhaps we'll get some coverage then on the TV show this week - rather than all this foreign coverage.

Rudi
11-29-2008, 01:23 PM
There a bunch of wankers
I agree. Especially that Sean guy. What a fuckin' douche. :D

bee dubya
11-29-2008, 01:33 PM
One does wonder what business JC was conducting in Newcastle on TFC's behalf though. The the talented young Canadian on the squad who doesn't get much playing time is the first thing that comes to mind.

Could Edgar's existing contract be torn up if both he and the club choose to do so? Then an MLS sized contract written up in it's place and the loan completed then?

It's a stretch to imagine for sure, but maybe the kid just wants to play, and doing so at home might seem attractive.

That'd be cool :)

I know I've got my head in the clouds for this one but I'm wondering if JC was trying to talk Owen into heading to the MLS. He's out of contract at the end of the year which means come January he'd be free to talk to any team he wants - which is exactly what happened with Beckham. Owen is on his way down in the EPL, fighting injuries and he's just about finished being involved in the England set up so again, while it's a stretch I have to think that JC's trying something there for a DP.

Edgar would be great here but I think he'd be better served playing regular football in the Championship instead of coming back to the MLS.

TFCREDNWHITE
11-29-2008, 02:21 PM
Owen would be SICK!

Pigfynn
11-29-2008, 04:29 PM
Owen....lol.....never ever would this happen.

JDG
11-29-2008, 04:36 PM
I know I've got my head in the clouds for this one but I'm wondering if JC was trying to talk Owen into heading to the MLS. He's out of contract at the end of the year which means come January he'd be free to talk to any team he wants - which is exactly what happened with Beckham. Owen is on his way down in the EPL, fighting injuries and he's just about finished being involved in the England set up so again, while it's a stretch I have to think that JC's trying something there for a DP.

Edgar would be great here but I think he'd be better served playing regular football in the Championship instead of coming back to the MLS.

I think it's possible he's just working on an association between NUFC & TFC like the one between Arsenal & Colorado.

ccopela
11-29-2008, 05:22 PM

In my mind if there's anyone on the Newcastle roster that might come to MLS it would be Claudio Cacapa. He's not a great CB in the EPL but he's alright and he has been pretty bad this year so I could see Newcastle letting him go. They didn't pay anything for him originally so its likely they'd let him go for free. I think he would be a great CB in MLS but would likely command a salary of at least 200k if not more considering he's in the EPL right now.

Obviously this is pure speculation based on nothing other than the fact that Carver has contacts in Newcastle. But slightly more realistic than Owen coming over.

James17930
11-29-2008, 08:26 PM
i think we should only get rid of Amado if we get De Ro or JDG as our DP.

BuSaPuNk
11-29-2008, 10:08 PM
In my mind if there's anyone on the Newcastle roster that might come to MLS it would be Claudio Cacapa. He's not a great CB in the EPL but he's alright and he has been pretty bad this year so I could see Newcastle letting him go. They didn't pay anything for him originally so its likely they'd let him go for free. I think he would be a great CB in MLS but would likely command a salary of at least 200k if not more considering he's in the EPL right now.

Obviously this is pure speculation based on nothing other than the fact that Carver has contacts in Newcastle. But slightly more realistic than Owen coming over.

There was chatter about Viduka coming over as well. To see if he can get back his form and health....before ending his carrer?

ccopela
11-30-2008, 12:05 AM
There was chatter about Viduka coming over as well. To see if he can get back his form and health....before ending his carrer?

After watching him today Viduka definitely still has a good touch around the net and his style of play doesn't require great fitness so I can see him staying on with Newcastle for at least another year. I think that if he wants to go to a lesser league before he retires then as most Aussies would do, he'll probably end up in the A-league.

Roogsy
11-30-2008, 12:07 AM
If Viduka would leave the EPL, he'd go home to Australia.

jloome
11-30-2008, 01:23 AM
Owen....lol.....never ever would this happen.
Holy wishful thinking, eh? He's only on about $300,000 a week :eek:

super.eagles.98
11-30-2008, 02:21 AM
owen = injury prone, nothing else to say

If TFC were to get an affiliation i'd hope that it wouldn't be Newcastle even though JC has ties there. TFC much better suited to have an affiliation with a club that has a good track record of developing players (ie. West Ham). West Ham has had some amazing talent come through their systems

Defoe
Lampard
J Cole
A and R Ferdinand
Sinclair (i think)
Carrick
Etherington
R Carroll
Ince
G Johnson
Konchesky
Noble

Not to mention they've had Cdn players before
Alex bunbury
Craig forrest

bee dubya
11-30-2008, 11:34 AM
Holy wishful thinking, eh? He's only on about $300,000 a week :eek:

And Beckham was on how much a week before he came over?

Look, I know it's wishful thinking but it's also the sort of situation we need to look at for DP's. MLS won't pay transfer fees so the only players that are likely to come are those who are out of contract and that's Owen's situation at the end of the EPL season. I realize that it's highly, highly unlikely that he'll ever play in the MLS but he exactly the sort of DP that MLS wants and needs.