PDA

View Full Version : My first TFC game and a rant

MrHawk
05-22-2008, 12:24 PM
I was in 126 last night and had a great time. The Massive Chant was very well done (I have some videos to post about this, I'll provide links later on).

It was nice to see GeorgeB, Rooney, werewolf88 and skint(again). Cool to put a face to a board name. Also got a chance to go to Shoeless to watch the PK's of Man U vs Chelsea, met a guy from DC for a few minutes who very pleasant. I also have videos of that, which I post.

However, one thing that really irked me and will always irk me. It is known that when an opposing player takes a corner, we shower him with streamers. Now, I'm not that fluent on languages, but does the word "streamer" mean "cup of beer" in another language?

To the guy in 126 who threw the beer that nearly hit the guy from DC who took the corner (I forgot his name) spend the $1 and buy a streamer please. It's cheaper and you won't look like a fool.

Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse here with the above rant, but that really bothers me.

Also....don't know how often this goes on, but it was "interesting" to see the people waiting for the Westbound train making fun of the eastbound tracks. Is it common for mooning and the "I f****d your mother" chants?

All in all had a great time in 126 and look forward to my day in 110.

Captain Croatia
05-22-2008, 12:26 PM
All in all it was the best time of your life.

:canada::hurray::party:

Laurignano
05-22-2008, 12:27 PM
I was in 126 last night and had a great time. The Massive Chant was very well done (I have some videos to post about this, I'll provide links later on).

It was nice to see GeorgeB, Rooney, werewolf88 and skint(again). Cool to put a face to a board name. Also got a chance to go to Shoeless to watch the PK's of Man U vs Chelsea, met a guy from DC for a few minutes who very pleasant. I also have videos of that, which I post.

However, one thing that really irked me and will always irk me. It is known that when an opposing player takes a corner, we shower him with streamers. Now, I'm not that fluent on languages, but does the word "streamer" mean "cup of beer" in another language?

To the guy in 126 who threw the beer that nearly hit the guy from DC who took the corner (I forgot his name) spend the $1 and buy a streamer please. It's cheaper and you won't look like a fool.

Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse here with the above rant, but that really bothers me.

Also....don't know how often this goes on, but it was "interesting" to see the people waiting for the Westbound train making fun of the eastbound tracks. Is it common for mooning and the "I f****d your mother" chants?

All in all had a great time in 126 and look forward to my day in 110.

I agree with you.. Streamers are ok IMO but I had it when people throw other things on the field at players. Its really stupid and one day we may get slapped with some fines if we continue to do it.

Bluenose13
05-22-2008, 12:29 PM

All in all had a great time in 126 and look forward to my day in 110.Judging by your avatar, I would think you would like that chant :)

The beer throwing is just stupid & for the most part has stopped this year & was probably thrown by a drunk 1st timer.

RedRum
05-22-2008, 12:29 PM
Haha you must have been on the Eastbound side. I don't take the GO but apparently the chants are a tradition.

Yeah, you get a couple people who throw beer - shouldn't do it, but it's not the end of the world.

RedRum
05-22-2008, 12:32 PM
[quote=Bluenose13;14497]Judging by your avatar, I would think you would like that chant :)
quote]

LOL nice one Bluenose, I didn't even see his avatar. Coincedence? hmmmmmmm...

MrHawk
05-22-2008, 12:32 PM
no I was on the Westbound tracks (I live in Hamilton). I spent most of time after the game trying to find a hot dog vendor and dry place to sit.

Parkdale
05-22-2008, 12:33 PM
sporting events will bring out the worst in some people who use it as an excuse for bad behaviour. Glad you enjoyed the experience otherwise.

MrHawk
05-22-2008, 12:34 PM
Judging by your avatar, I would think you would like that chant :)

I just asked if those chants were common. As for people yelling on a GO Transit track, feel free to yell what you want :).

Rawkus_420
05-22-2008, 01:16 PM
110 is a great time , my seat is n 105, i just watch from carlsberg when they shoot that way, and in 110 with my buddies when they shoot that way.. i get the best of the action I was 20 feet away from dichios goal as I watched it roll across the line.

ilikemusic
05-22-2008, 01:25 PM
I was waiting for the eastbound train and didnt notice any taunting or anything from the westbound platform. I heard some TFC chanting but nothing else.

Vhoghul
05-22-2008, 01:26 PM
Yeah,

I missed the beer thrower, as I was busy handing streamers out to all the throwers around me, but if i saw him, we probably would have ejected him ourselves....

...Physically.

The Go Train thing is more common on weekday games, as many can't go out drinking after the weekday games. Especially when, like last night, you get out just missing the train.

It's all in good fun though. We chant each other down, then get both sides on a TFC chant, then back to chanting each other down.

The mooning from Westbound was a little much though.... *shudder*

Vhoghul
05-22-2008, 01:27 PM
I was waiting for the eastbound train and didnt notice any taunting or anything from the westbound platform. I heard some TFC chanting but nothing else.

You can usually get involved if you head to the Handicapped platform on the eastend....

Phil
05-22-2008, 01:32 PM
Good to meet you last night Mr. hawk :D

Sorry I was late getting to the game, traffic was shitty.

MrHawk
05-22-2008, 03:18 PM
^^
No problems, I understand (Hey it's Toronto)

I look forward to chanting with you guys at many games in the near future.

Fort York Redcoat
05-22-2008, 03:23 PM
Throwing beers should mean ejection but I sure did enjoy it when we were taunted last year by was it NJ? That idiot deserved it. As for the GO teams...you 905ers make me smile.

MrHawk
05-22-2008, 03:42 PM
http://s167.photobucket.com/albums/u130/MrHawk_3340/TFC%20vs%20DC%20United/

My pictures from the game last night (In Sec.126)

invictusTFC
05-22-2008, 03:50 PM
I'm not condoning throwing beer on any opposing player, but I will say this; in the first game ever at BMO last season when Eddie Johnson scored a goal for KC and he came to the south west corner and gave us all the "hush sign", someone threw a beer at him, and all of a sudden the "this is our house chant" started. At that point I knew I was witnessing something special. Nobody tries to silence us!!! So in this case he deserved it and more. So did Schelotto last game!!!

alexintoronto
05-22-2008, 03:59 PM
Throwing beer is stupid (except that first time vs. KC).

For the record - I wasn't in 126 this game so don't blame me :D

MrHawk
05-22-2008, 04:01 PM
Rats..........you were my first suspect. :0

footyfan
05-22-2008, 04:07 PM

Please do. It's good to see we've not missed an away game. What we lack in numbers when travelling we make up for in distance travelled.

MrHawk
05-22-2008, 04:09 PM
I don't have the video of the DC United guy, but I did meet him and he was totally a class act (I even helped him pick out a pack of cigarettes)

footyfan
05-22-2008, 04:10 PM
I'm not condoning throwing beer on any opposing player, but I will say this; in the first game ever at BMO last season when Eddie Johnson scored a goal for KC and he came to the south west corner and gave us all the "hush sign", someone threw a beer at him, and all of a sudden the "this is our house chant" started. At that point I knew I was witnessing something special. Nobody tries to silence us!!! So in this case he deserved it and more. So did Schelotto last game!!!

SO you're ok with us throwing beer at Dichio on Saturday then?
:)

RedRum
05-22-2008, 04:31 PM

Why ask? You guys are always throwing beer at everyone anyway :D

Kevvv
05-22-2008, 04:31 PM
As long as he deserves it. Like, when he scores the third or fourth goal...

GeorgeB
05-22-2008, 05:00 PM
good to meet you Mike ,i was hoping the couple people i asked in 126 could help me find the perpertraitor but was out of luck.

RealG-TFC
05-22-2008, 05:16 PM
Danny would probably just chug th beer.

mclaren
05-22-2008, 08:33 PM
no I was on the Westbound tracks (I live in Hamilton). I spent most of time after the game trying to find a hot dog vendor and dry place to sit.

blasphemy

MrHawk
05-22-2008, 08:34 PM
blasphemy?????

James Oliphant
05-23-2008, 01:32 AM
I had the best streamer throw of my life last night...

You guys know I live in 115. I'm also 17 rows up, in line with the left goalpost. It's nearly impossible to hit the field with a streamer from there. Last night, if not for the breeze, my throw in the second half would've draped nicely over the crossbar.

It was bee-yoo-tee-full.

werewolf
05-23-2008, 01:40 AM

I would think you would throw beer at Cunny, I remember right before kick-off at the game last month, he ran right over to the BB/SE area and was taunting them....that was also the game he kicked the ball into the upper deck/private box area....

If players taunt a large group of opposing supporters, a beer shower is expected. I don't condone that with the regularity that it happened last year, but certain times-Jozy in NY, Eddie Johnson etc.- it wouldn't be complete blasphemy.

Fiin
05-23-2008, 04:50 AM

Danny would prolly jump the rails and charge yahs lol :taz::taz:

And yah, I missed the beer tosser but had we caught it he wouldnt have been far behind his beer.

jm5k
05-23-2008, 12:28 PM
I had the best streamer throw of my life last night...

You guys know I live in 115. I'm also 17 rows up, in line with the left goalpost. It's nearly impossible to hit the field with a streamer from there. Last night, if not for the breeze, my throw in the second half would've draped nicely over the crossbar.

It was bee-yoo-tee-full.

Dude if it was a white streamer, I saw your throw. I was in 115 - 18 - 30 (gf was in 29) and one guy a row infront (probably like seat 25ish?) held the tail end and chucked the head and it created a perfect arc and completely unfurled. I even said to my gf "man that guy is a pro at streamer toss".

If you looked behind you at all, my gf had I think 4 winter coats on and a huge rain poncho overtop. She looked like she was traversing the arctic tundra.