PDA

View Full Version : Mojo Interview

Nuvinho
11-26-2008, 06:14 PM
http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp?catid=2&id=329

He knew what he was doing. But I think he figured he'd be losing the other Smith.

ensco
11-26-2008, 06:42 PM
http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp?catid=2&id=329

He knew what he was doing. But I think he figured he'd be losing the other Smith.

He looked like a guy who figures he dodged a major bullet. He has a major investment in Johann Smith - that allocation had value.

Ossington Mental Youth
11-26-2008, 06:44 PM
interesting
may mean we still have someone coming into play the same position that was meant to be his replacement.
could this mean... gasp... quality depth?

flatpicker
11-26-2008, 06:49 PM
right around the 6:18 mark I thought Mo said he was looking for another "white" guy! hahaha!!!
I gotta get my hearing checked!

Nuvinho
11-26-2008, 06:57 PM
Mo said he is looking for a "wing player, a Centre Back, and a couple of strikers".

A wing player is needed to play opposite RR. What suprised me is he wants a couple of strikers. You figure that Barrett, Dichio, Ibbe will be there. I think one DP striker, and then go for 2 CBs.

canadian_bhoy
11-26-2008, 07:17 PM
I love the framed photo of himself in his office - do you ever think he closes the dorr and kisses it? :lol:

Marco2K
11-26-2008, 07:17 PM
Kenny Cooper would be sweet.

Ossington Mental Youth
11-26-2008, 07:32 PM
Mo said he is looking for a "wing player, a Centre Back, and a couple of strikers".

A wing player is needed to play opposite RR. What suprised me is he wants a couple of strikers. You figure that Barrett, Dichio, Ibbe will be there. I think one DP striker, and then go for 2 CBs.

Dichio wont be playing full on the whole season, definitely need a 4th striker, Ibby not totally ready to play first team either.
Need a leader/CB without a doubt

mlsintoronto
11-26-2008, 07:35 PM
I love the framed photo of himself in his office :lol:

its that shot where he's explaining something using the 'bird' finger. a gift from a local sportswriter who shall remain nameless from year one...lets just call it a peace offering....

mlsintoronto
11-26-2008, 07:36 PM
do you ever think he closes the dorr and kisses it? :lol:

sometimes, late at night, I sneak into his office and kick it....

Fiin
11-26-2008, 07:53 PM
its that shot where he's explaining something using the 'bird' finger. a gift from a local sportswriter who shall remain nameless from year one...lets just call it a peace offering....

If its Bob McCowan my animosity to Mo just dropped a little.

denime
11-26-2008, 08:06 PM
right around the 6:18 mark I thought Mo said he was looking for another "white" guy! hahaha!!!
I gotta get my hearing checked!

Another "white" guy is what I understood too.
Is that mean we will have two Whites;O’Brian White and who else?

arbogast
11-26-2008, 08:19 PM

Dave Vandenbergh is out of contract at New Jersey.

Yeah, he's 32 and slow, but he is an excellent crosser of the ball (which we desperately need), scored 7 goals and 5 assists last season and has a green card so counts as a domestic.

Ossington Mental Youth
11-26-2008, 09:15 PM
rumors say hes heading back to Amsterdam

Oldtimer
11-26-2008, 11:55 PM
sometimes, late at night, I sneak into his office and kick it....
:lol:

rocker
11-27-2008, 09:02 AM
But I think he figured he'd be losing the other Smith.

I'm not so sure considering he says in the video that he talked to seattle earlier this week. i think he knew what was going to happen.

BuSaPuNk
11-27-2008, 09:20 AM
Isn't Dichio under contract for next year?? So why is Mo talking about signing him?

jloome
11-27-2008, 01:29 PM
Dave Vandenbergh is out of contract at New Jersey.

Yeah, he's 32 and slow, but he is an excellent crosser of the ball (which we desperately need), scored 7 goals and 5 assists last season and has a green card so counts as a domestic.

Actually he's not slow. He's got decent wheels for a guy his age; he's one of the best wingers in the league and can even drop back in emergency and play fullback.

He's a former (briefly, but only four years ago) Dutch international who excelled in the Eredivisie for most of his career. He'd be an excellent signing, if we could fit him under the cap. He was at KC and New York, so Mo must know him well.

Big Bruva
11-28-2008, 12:21 AM

If they don't offer what DD feels is the correct contract DD wont be back.

Ossington Mental Youth
11-28-2008, 12:31 AM
in all honesty DDs only got another season left in him with all those injuries, dunno if he'd be worth signing for anything longer than that

Ossington Mental Youth
11-28-2008, 12:32 AM
unless he wants to coach

Big Bruva
11-28-2008, 12:48 AM
in all honesty DDs only got another season left in him with all those injuries, dunno if he'd be worth signing for anything longer than that

Yeah i hear what ya saying mate, it true.

Im just saying what i know, what TFC have in mind and what DD has in mind are two different things

Ossington Mental Youth
11-28-2008, 01:37 AM
kinda unfortunate cuz one would hope that hed go out on top...