PDA

View Full Version : League Changes 09

mighty_torontofc_2008
11-25-2008, 03:43 PM
Like the extra 2 games against conference opponents, that should help create some beter rivalries, no doubt we will get champion Columbus as an extra, they need our fans!! The reserve league i will miss and hope MLS will reconsider this as the younger players need to be playing not riding the bench, and the reserve matches were great added entertainment
after the 1st team finished. 1st rd of the playof remain a leg affair, now if the could only do that for the conference semis and final, and keep the MLS cup as a one game final that would be terrific. Superliga needs
TFC in there to make it a true north american championship.

EastYork
11-25-2008, 04:16 PM
Old news.

james
11-25-2008, 04:31 PM
a true north american final would include Mexico and costa rica and El Salvador and so on.......like in Concacaf Champions League!

mighty_torontofc_2008
11-25-2008, 04:35 PM
a true north american final would include Mexico and costa rica and El Salvador and so on.......like in Concacaf Champions League!

Costa Rica El Salvador are not in North America!!
just add TFC to the Superliga and one more mexican team and it still would be a great tournament.

TheRenter
11-25-2008, 05:59 PM
[quote=mighty_torontofc_2008;276219]Costa Rica El Salvador are not in North America!!/quote]

???....i know they're central american countries, but central america is not a continent on its own as it belongs to (the continent of) north america, therefore i would presume:

central america=north america
costa rica, el salvador=central america
north america=costa rica, el salvador

call me crazy!?

peace

mighty_torontofc_2008
11-25-2008, 06:07 PM
[quote=mighty_torontofc_2008;276219]Costa Rica El Salvador are not in North America!!/quote]

???....i know they're central american countries, but central america is not a continent on its own as it belongs to (the continent of) north america, therefore i would presume:

central america=north america
costa rica, el salvador=central america
north america=costa rica, el salvador

call me crazy!?

peace

no your not crazy but i believe central america has there own tournament, and the superliga could be the north version..

jaahuuu
11-26-2008, 11:08 AM
[quote=TheRenter;276316]

no your not crazy but i believe central america has there own tournament, and the superliga could be the north version..
Central America has its own tournaments that are run by UNCAF, but the teams that win these get a pass into the CONCACAF tournaments, as the members of UNCAF are also members of CONCACAF.

The CA in the middle of CONCACAF stands for Central American.