PDA

View Full Version : "Columbus 'til I die"

GBV
11-23-2008, 05:49 PM
don't shoot the messenger (couldn't help but roll my eyes a couple times during this):

http://columbusalive.com/live/content/features/stories/2008/10/02/crew_video.html

zeelaw
11-23-2008, 05:52 PM
ye its been posted funny tho

Damien
11-23-2008, 05:54 PM
It's funny how TFC sets the bar and nobody can surpass it, only copy it.

Nazzer
11-23-2008, 05:59 PM
Is it really that surprising that you have fans from other teams copying the TFC fans when you constantly have the MLS front office having public orgasms over the TFC fans.

Bobo
11-23-2008, 06:01 PM
There were quite a few recognizable chants. Just how many did TFC first adopt?

BC101
11-23-2008, 06:12 PM
thing is we stole it from "England till I die" so don't blame them. For once.

Antoshka
11-23-2008, 06:48 PM
the columbus till i die they had it waaaay before us guys. the st pauli song i dont know who had it first in this league (definately not the crew though). but they are definately singing our version of it

BC101
11-23-2008, 06:51 PM
Except for the "ya" conversion from "you"which we sing. It makes it sound distinctly yank.

Sab0tage
11-23-2008, 06:54 PM
I hate them even more after watching that video again.

I can't wait until we go down there next season. I just hope it's sometime after mid-April, once I'm home from school in Halifax.

GhostPK
11-23-2008, 07:15 PM
We all laugh at the yellow football team
the yellow football team, the yellow football team

When they shoot, they miss the net
and their passing is really shit
and their keep cant stop a shot
a lack of fanbase, is what they've got

twistedchinaman
11-23-2008, 07:38 PM

When they shoot, they miss the net
and their passing is really shit
and their keep cant stop a shot
a lack of fanbase, is what they've got

^ Winner.

Keyman
11-23-2008, 07:52 PM
Meh, they won the MLS Cup. I'm not going to laugh at them at this point in time.

And if I hear "so and so stole our chant" one more time, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. None of our chants are really OUR chants.

Stencils
11-23-2008, 08:08 PM
I think it will be a long time before we get chants that we develop on our own (without taking tunes or structures from other club's chants). I feel that in the chant dept. we're still trying very hard to create an atmosphere that is like that in European clubs rather than looking for something completely uniquely us. That's not a bad thing, especially since it's easier to get people on board.

I doubt a completely unique tune/chant would catch on. Not yet at least.

Redcoe15
11-23-2008, 08:13 PM
"The closest thing you'll get in the Major League Soccer to a European game is going to a Columbus Crew game, by far."

:confused:

Maybe if Toronto FC supporters came down and filled up you pathetic stadium, for a change, you'd actually get that European experience, buddy. Oh wait, they actually did that at the start of the season. Jealous much?

Nice. TRY!!!

Jack
11-23-2008, 09:27 PM
Guys...we didn't exactly write those songs either.

BC101
11-23-2008, 09:30 PM
I wrote this one...

Jack Jack where ever you may be
president of the RPB
Could be worse could from Quebec
President of the impact.

Jack
11-23-2008, 09:31 PM
I wrote this one...

Jack Jack where ever you may be
president of the RPB
Could be worse could from Quebec
President of the impact.

:lol:

Nice!

StandUpIfYouHateChelsea
11-23-2008, 10:00 PM
HAHAHA oh god time to beat in some pussy ass columbus shit heads!!!

nascarguy
11-23-2008, 10:14 PM
the funny thing is that you could hear the columbus fans on tv and no ny shit bulls. Let hope for the good of the mls that the crew fans sing londer next and not just for 5 game. did anyone see there big drum

james
11-24-2008, 12:10 AM
all tho we stole songs from Europe, as did every other MLS club...i think columbus stole that "we love, we love , we love because we support Toronto..." song from us forsure.

It makes sense tho, just like in many other countries, songs and chants get stolen from different clubs all the time and they often look up to clubs with better chants and songs and atmosphere and try to be like them!

Steve
11-24-2008, 08:29 AM
Can we please stop accusing other clubs of stealing our chants? Pretty please? We are the newest club in the league (still). They have been chanting for a lot longer than we have. Plus, the chants were stolen from other teams anyway (in other leagues). Every time a thread like this is started, baby jesus loses his wings.

Parkdale
11-24-2008, 09:50 AM
I hope that sequel to Green Street Hooligans comes out soon. We need some new chants!!!

:hide:

Shaughno
11-24-2008, 09:53 AM
Every time a thread like this is started, baby jesus loses his wings.

Man, that kid must have a million pairs of wings.

trane
11-24-2008, 09:54 AM
Are you saying that we need to adopt tiny bubbles as our theme?

Parkdale
11-24-2008, 10:03 AM
Are you saying that we need to adopt tiny bubbles as our theme?

no, but "_insert_club_here_ 'till I die" was featured prominently in the movie

trane
11-24-2008, 10:08 AM
^ I am just joking Parky, it is pretty standrad from what I understand. But I do like the other song.

BBBulldog
11-24-2008, 03:30 PM
the st pauli song i dont know who had it first in this league (definately not the crew though).

metros about a year ago

some posts in these thread are unbelievable, I don't know to laugh or cry :eek:

Shaughno
11-24-2008, 03:39 PM
metros about a year ago

some posts in these thread are unbelievable, I don't know to laugh or cry :eek:

At least you only see it once in a while. :lol: There is a reason why many of us stay away from the main sections of this board. :lol:

FluSH
11-24-2008, 04:52 PM
the columbus till i die they had it waaaay before us guys. the st pauli song i dont know who had it first in this league (definately not the crew though). but they are definately singing our version of it

That is definately our version since we don't do the "That's the way uh uh... I like it"

FluSH
11-24-2008, 04:54 PM
metros about a year ago

So the question is... if ours was born a year ago? Mr. Canadian Bhoy? I don't recall if we started at the end of last year or begining of this year.