PDA

View Full Version : A thought before the final kickoff of the 2008 season

Keystone FC
11-23-2008, 06:04 AM
As the final game of the MLS season gets underway today two teams are facing each other who have never been in the finals before in their entire 13 years of existence in the MLS.
I say this because I want to give everyone hope for the offseason and to look forward to what might be in the 2009 season and beyond.
These two clubs, in all honesty, should not be here at this point. The CBus Crew were a dismal 9-11-10 last season and missed the playoffs all together. This season they finished 17-7-6 and won the Supporters Shield and the Eastern Conference Championship.
The Redbulls (who are shite) placed 3rd in the Eastern Conference last year but were knocked out in the quaterfinals. This season they JUST squeeked into the playoffs and even had to play in a different conference final but are in the Cup finals today.
I make these points to show that even though at some point these clubs were not looked at as 'potential Cup clubs' they are now looking to add to their trophy case.
Even though TFC finished at the bottom of the East (again) we made progress by 10 points from last season and we finished ahead of 2 teams (almost 3) in the league this year when last year we were in the cellar looking up.
So, we may hate the clubs in todays final and want this to just be over with, but I think we need to take a look at todays game as to what might be and what could happen for TFC next season or in the near future. I know it may be a long shot but...hell...if they can make it so can we!
So keep the faith, keep the hope, and don't make any plans for the 2009 MLS Cup...we may be somewhere other than Toronto.:D

ensco
11-23-2008, 09:16 AM
Fire Mo.

(just kidding)