PDA

View Full Version : 6 months jail for pitch invasion

Mikey
11-21-2008, 08:17 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/glasgow_and_west/7742453.stm

6 months jail term and 5 year match ban.

flatpicker
11-21-2008, 08:38 PM
Sentencing Murphy at Glasgow Sheriff Court, Sheriff Linda Ruxton branded his behaviour "dangerous and irresponsible".
"Not only did you create a situation in which there were fears for the safety of the players on the pitch, but you interrupted a high-profile match and created a situation which might easily have provoked serious public disorder," she said.
"Furthermore, you brought Scottish football generally and Celtic Football Club in particular into disrepute and your behaviour caused the club to be fined a substantial amount."

Sheriff Ruxton sounds like a pissed off Celtic fan!
I think what she meant to say was "don't mess with my team ya bastard!"

J .
11-22-2008, 01:35 AM
dont give the mlse execs or torontos finest any ideas, they way they handle us here is already heavy handed.

rocker
11-22-2008, 12:24 PM
wow, 6 months in JAIL!??!? ummm... i tend to find that excessive.
i didn't realize trespassing was a jail crime.

mighty_torontofc_2008
11-22-2008, 12:31 PM
As A Celtic supporter this punishment is just and more clubs and courts should follow suit.

canadian_bhoy
11-22-2008, 12:55 PM
Keep in mind that the guy has a bunch of Drunk and Disorderly convictions from before.

The club got a huge fine for him running on the pitch - I think around 40k

rocker
11-22-2008, 01:08 PM
Keep in mind that the guy has a bunch of Drunk and Disorderly convictions from before.
k

oh, ok.. the article doesn't say that. if the 6 months is in light of prior convictions, then it makes sense. But 6 months in jail for a first time offender who didn't do anything violent (just ran on a field) would have been wayyy too much.

mighty_torontofc_2008
11-22-2008, 06:00 PM
oh, ok.. the article doesn't say that. if the 6 months is in light of prior convictions, then it makes sense. But 6 months in jail for a first time offender who didn't do anything violent (just ran on a field) would have been wayyy too much.

hes not suppose to be on the field period...what the judge should have down was to make this clown pay the fine that Celtic had to pay Uefa,
around 40,000 quid then he might get the point.

nascarguy
11-22-2008, 08:03 PM
why is this even post in the toronto fc forom

wisnae me
11-23-2008, 06:24 PM
..what the judge should have down was to make this clown pay the fine that Celtic had to pay Uefa,
around 40,000 quid then he might get the point.

Or force stewards and officials at the Glitterdome to actually provide crowd control.

Caught those responsible for the mobile phone tossing incident yet?

james
11-24-2008, 12:53 AM
I think in England and Scotland they have been getting to strict at Soccer games over the last few years with over the top punishments. I bet even half the stuff we do at TFC games you would get banned for if it was in England.

In many other countries in Europe fans get off free for doing much worse things then just running on the field!