PDA

View Full Version : Text/Voicemail from Rumour Killer re: Carver

DOMIN8R
11-21-2008, 04:28 PM
Anyone else just get a message indicating that the Carver Rumour is BS?

Nodoubtguy
11-21-2008, 04:30 PM
huh??

Parkdale
11-21-2008, 04:34 PM
yep. I got it from a little birdy.

DOMIN8R
I just received a call. It was an aumomated text message indicting that the Carver Newcastle rumour was wrong. Just like the automated messages we use to get during the season when there was a scheduled game day start time change, etc.

Also, the CBC JC Interview (just released online) - at the very end, JC states unequivocally - that he's staying in Toronto and not going to Newcastle.

sulfur
Only the special people got it I guess. :)

canadian_bhoy
11-21-2008, 04:35 PM

How is it BS? Because Carver denied it? What is he going to say? "yes, if offered NUFC I will take it" I'm sure MLSE would love that.

Fact is that Shearer hasn't been offered the NUFC job. Until he is, we won't know for sure, but there is a strong chance that Shearer will at some point take over at NUFC, and if he does, I for one won't be surprised to see Carver follow him there.

Whether he denies it or not.

Also - did this really warrant a new thread?

kelzag
John Carver called me himself, cause I'm extra special :D

AL-MO
Yes. This little birdy seems very informative.

EDIT: But I agree with CB above.

Parkdale
11-21-2008, 04:37 PM

why not. If the rumour gets a thread, then the truth deserves one moreso.

canadian_bhoy
11-21-2008, 04:39 PM
why not. If the rumour gets a thread, then the truth deserves one moreso.

How is this the "truth" ?

DOMIN8R
11-21-2008, 04:40 PM
did this really warrant a new thread?

Yes. It's about a voicemail mesage to TFC STHs, that happens to be about Carver/Newcastle. If you can't confirm or deny receipt of this message, you need not post to the thread. Period. Full stop.

Damien
11-21-2008, 04:40 PM
The voicemail I got said "Hi I'm John Carver, former head coach of Toronto FC. Newcastle has recently hired me so all you TFC supporters can kiss my ass!"

Was the voicemail necessary?

DOMIN8R
11-21-2008, 04:43 PM
How is it BS? Because Carver denied it? What is he going to say? "yes, if offered NUFC I will take it" I'm sure MLSE would love that.

Fact is that Shearer hasn't been offered the NUFC job. Until he is, we won't know for sure, but there is a strong chance that Shearer will at some point take over at NUFC, and if he does, I for one won't be surprised to see Carver follow him there.

I'm not sure why your looking for an argument here. There isn't one to have. I'm simply reporting on the message I received. The message indicated that the rumour was false. NOTE: the message indicated this. Not me.

AL-MO
11-21-2008, 04:46 PM
I stopped the Snet text messages when they started charging for them.

But I did get the little birdy one. :D

canadian_bhoy
11-21-2008, 04:50 PM
I'm not sure why your looking for an argument here. There isn't one to have. I'm simply reporting on the message I received. The message indicated that the rumour was false. NOTE: the message indicated this. Not me.

I'm not starting an argument. Yes you simply pointed out the Vmail - but you also called the rumour BS. I'm just saying that I don't think it's BS. And a automated message to fans about it isn't going to change much.

JDG
11-21-2008, 04:50 PM
Sorry for the confusion DOMIN8R. I meant to send to the cell #s in my phone, but I'm guessing I only have your landline.:o

DOMIN8R
11-21-2008, 04:51 PM
Ah, the mystery unravels.

FluSH
11-21-2008, 04:52 PM

These are my favourite comments on a good discussion.... lol

JDG
11-21-2008, 04:55 PM
I went out to try the new Poutine joint on Adelaide, and decided to stop for a pint on my way home.
I ran into Carver, and had a chance to ask him a few questions. The big question on my mind was about his reported move to NUFC, and he laughed it off.

kelzag
11-21-2008, 04:58 PM
But the real question is.....did you buy him a poutine?

alexintoronto
11-21-2008, 04:59 PM
I didn't know you were into diving.

MUFC_Niagara
11-21-2008, 05:01 PM

Fuck relax dude.

DOMIN8R
11-21-2008, 05:02 PM
I couldn't be more sorry for having asked the question and started this thread.

trane
11-21-2008, 05:06 PM

That is the proviso I see, Shearer taking over at New Castle is not a done deal. But if it happens in January I would rather know now then later. So that we have more time to get a new coach.

What would realy suck, is if we found out in late January that Carver is leaving, and we did not have time to replace him. That would make this a complete disaster.

canadian_bhoy
11-21-2008, 05:06 PM
Fuck relax dude.

I know - you should see me right now. I'm jumping up and down freaking out here...ohhh I'm so mad!

FluSH
11-21-2008, 05:10 PM
I didn't know you were into diving.

I have no idea how this is relevant but it's hilarious!!!

Jack
11-21-2008, 05:17 PM
Everyone seems somewhat tense.

It's Friday...go get drunk!

kelzag
11-21-2008, 05:17 PM
Couldn't help myself....

http://images.worldcupblog.org/net/ronaldo-diving.jpg

alexintoronto
11-21-2008, 05:20 PM

Get Drunk Here!
http://www.theloosemoose.ca/_images/location_map.gif

JDG
11-21-2008, 05:22 PM

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3049/3049069306_ce9317117e_b.jpg

sulfur
11-21-2008, 05:23 PM
The better question is...

Did he buy you a poutine and what kind was it?

MUFC_Niagara
11-21-2008, 05:24 PM

The president has spoken and I for one will not disobey him!

kelzag
11-21-2008, 05:28 PM
OMG, that looked amazing JDG!!!

JDG
11-21-2008, 05:32 PM
OMG, that looked amazing JDG!!!

I'll give a brief review in the Poutine thread :D

Kevvv
11-21-2008, 05:50 PM
Get Drunk Here!
http://www.theloosemoose.ca/_images/location_map.gif

Is that where the cool kids go after the ACC?

Kevvv
11-21-2008, 05:51 PM
And back on-topic, if there's any hint of truth to the rumour, or even the possibility that he'll move, why say anything at all?

I_AM_CANADIAN
11-21-2008, 05:52 PM
I don't need someone else to tell me it was BS...;)

For one thing, Dennis Wise is still employed at Newcastle. Shearer is presumed to want full control if he's to take the job.

Secondly, Joe Kinnear is rumoured to be taking over the job full time soon. This is the Daily Express quoting what a friend of Shearer's supposedly told them, then they probably looked up 'ex newcastle staff' on google and found the name carver.

scooter
11-21-2008, 06:02 PM
yes fearless leader -- we will obey

ernest---was that poutine place worth me comming all the way downtown for?

Yohan
11-21-2008, 06:14 PM
Apparently there is a new poutine place that just opened on Adelaide and all reports say it kicks ass. The reports come from quebecois people

JDG
11-21-2008, 06:24 PM
yes fearless leader -- we will obey

ernest---was that poutine place worth me comming all the way downtown for?

I wrote up my impressions here: http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?p=272063#post272063

I think you should check it out, but try to incorporate it into another trip into town. It's not the kind of experience you should travel far distances for.

JDG
11-21-2008, 06:25 PM
Apparently there is a new poutine place that just opened on Adelaide and all reports say it kicks ass. The reports come from quebecois people

That's where I went. I wouldn'd say Kick-Ass, but it was very good.

OneLoveOneEric
11-22-2008, 09:31 AM
The whole voicemail thing just makes me believe this rumor more. I mean, when's the last time the team decided to comment on a rumor? And how about the last time they commented by calling every STH? Where there's smoke, there's fire. If we were totally out to lunch they wouldn't have responded.

JDG
11-22-2008, 09:39 AM
The whole voicemail thing just makes me believe this rumor more. I mean, when's the last time the team decided to comment on a rumor? And how about the last time they commented by calling every STH? Where there's smoke, there's fire. If we were totally out to lunch they wouldn't have responded.

LMAO - It was a text message sent by me that hit his landline instead of a cell #. The text mail system coverts the message into a computer synthesized voice message in these circumstances. It sounds like Stephen Hawking is talking to you.

mlsintoronto
11-22-2008, 09:41 AM
ah. that explains this thread...even I was confused.

OneLoveOneEric
11-22-2008, 09:42 AM
^^^HA!!
I's been punk'd!

Parkdale
11-22-2008, 12:00 PM
ah. that explains this thread...even I was confused.

confused? I would expect drunk and disorderly, but not confused.

Pigfynn
11-22-2008, 03:14 PM
Well it's seems like some more good news because Kinear was offered another month in charge at Newcastle which takes us to January.

Last night I heard on the Fox Soccer Report that all MLS managers have to commit to the league for the season by either tomorrow (MLS Cup) or ten days from tomorrow...Jeremy St.Louis wasn't sure which...but if it's true, Carver IS staying.