PDA

View Full Version : Marvel Wynne

Milton_Arab
05-22-2008, 08:31 AM
am i the only guy that loves this dude? for me he has been our best player this season. he is like an olympic sprinter going down the wing, i have yet to see a defender in the league that can keep up with him. and while defending again, there isn't an attacker in the league that can cope with him, even if they have a head start. he looks very calm and assured in defence and rarely plays a stupid ball out of the back. i'm just surprised he is rarely mentioned on these boards as he is a tfc legend for me.

Canadian Blue
05-22-2008, 08:33 AM
Marvell Wynne has bags of speed, if he could improve his touch slighty he would defo be a force to be reckoned with........even more than he is now.

rocker
05-22-2008, 08:33 AM
he gets mentioned all the time.. you just gotta read more threads ;)

I think he's improved from last year. He's still rough around the edges, but he has such physical gifts that are beyond most players. I always feel safe even when an opposition player has some distance from him... And he has this knack of coming away from a battle with the ball every time.

TicTacTabarnack
05-22-2008, 08:37 AM
Marvell Wynne is awesome! He just turns on the jet packs and defends better than anyone. It was good to see him take a little more initiative on trying to go for the net once last night. I want to see one of his three goal celebrations he has lined up for this year.

Chevy
05-22-2008, 08:39 AM
Marvell is an absolute monster. Definitely the best athlete on the team and possibly in the entire league.

Jay1974
05-22-2008, 08:41 AM
He's really looking like the FC player that should have been named to the US team instead of Edu.

sully
05-22-2008, 08:44 AM
I love his enthusiasm, work ethic, pace...and consistency. He's definately a huge asset for this team..he's one player that never seems to disappoint me.

Ivan
He's really looking like the FC player that should have been named to the US team instead of Edu.
Absolutely. I want to like Edu, but the guy often looks a bit lost out there. I swear he didn't complete a pass last night. But Wynne, he's the goods. I hope we don't lose him to Europe anytime soon.

James17930
Love him too but . . . if only he could figure out what do to at the end of his runs.

Bars92
05-22-2008, 08:57 AM
Should've passed the ball...that shot was wick.

Heathen
05-22-2008, 09:07 AM
Come all without,
Come all within,
You'll not see nothing like our Marvel Wynne

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnQFmvICP_0

GingerNinja
05-22-2008, 09:10 AM
Come all without,
Come all within,
You'll not see nothing like our Marvel Wynne

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnQFmvICP_0

I like it!
have you posted that in the chant/song thread yet?

pepher
05-22-2008, 09:12 AM
This guys is amazing. It's almost like he's running in slow motion yet he's still passing everyone else!!! Even if he gets beat by a forward (which rarely happens), he's up and after him and usually catches him for a second attempt! Awesome! Don't even get me started about how he jumps into the rush up the touch line.... Love this guy!!!

It did appear that he was holding back a bit at one point. He could have ran full tilt and got to the ball first but instead he appeared to slow up. Just then, the DC guy (Fred??) stepped over the ball and went flying... all on his own! too funny man... too funny...

Heathen
05-22-2008, 09:12 AM
I like it!
have you posted that in the chant/song thread yet?

on the old board it was

BeachRed
05-22-2008, 09:13 AM

Shhhhhh, let's just keep that to ourselves before someone notices and we lose him for half the season.....

maninb
05-22-2008, 09:22 AM
Wynne will be gone to Europe(Probably England) by 2010...Enjoy him while we can!

SilverSamurai
05-22-2008, 09:52 AM

FC? FC Barcelona? FC Dallas? Which football club are you talking about?

Back on topic, I love Wynne. But I love Velez too! WHOO! TFC TFC!!!:canada:

giambac
05-22-2008, 09:56 AM
am i the only guy that loves this dude? for me he has been our best player this season. he is like an olympic sprinter going down the wing, i have yet to see a defender in the league that can keep up with him. and while defending again, there isn't an attacker in the league that can cope with him, even if they have a head start. he looks very calm and assured in defence and rarely plays a stupid ball out of the back. i'm just surprised he is rarely mentioned on these boards as he is a tfc legend for me.

Your bang on.

He was our best plyer last night and by far the best player all season for TFC. He would be my choice for the MLS allstar team. I can't believe he didn't make the US national team. he runs up and down the wings and always get back to his defence spot. Great speed and dribbling skills.

Of our starting 11 this is how I would rank our players this year according to performance.

1 Wynn
2 Sutton
3 Guevera
4 Robert
5 Robinson
6 Marshall
7 Brennan
8 Dichio
9 Valez
10 Edu
11 Ricketts

Roogsy
05-22-2008, 10:24 AM
If Wynne learns to take decent shots on net...this guys will be unstoppable. Europe might even be in the cards.

Rawkus_420
05-22-2008, 10:28 AM
This guys is amazing. It's almost like he's running in slow motion yet he's still passing everyone else!!! Even if he gets beat by a forward (which rarely happens), he's up and after him and usually catches him for a second attempt! Awesome! Don't even get me started about how he jumps into the rush up the touch line.... Love this guy!!!

It did appear that he was holding back a bit at one point. He could have ran full tilt and got to the ball first but instead he appeared to slow up. Just then, the DC guy (Fred??) stepped over the ball and went flying... all on his own! too funny man... too funny...

Yah FRED panicked when he saw marvell coming, we all laughed at him in the carlsberg section. Marvell is the fastest player in the league I think. Just wish he could cross a bit better.

superfrankielampard
05-22-2008, 10:32 AM
I always get the feeling that wynne is an athlete more suited for a different sport. A sport where raw speed and strength are more the focus and general co-ordination skills arent so important. Like a running back in american football or a sprinter. any thoughts?

Cambridge_Red
05-22-2008, 10:35 AM
I always get the feeling that wynne is an athlete more suited for a different sport. A sport where raw speed and strength are more the focus and general co-ordination skills arent so important. Like a running back in american football or a sprinter. any thoughts?

He was a track star in college.

P.S. Championes ole ole ole!

Pachuco
05-22-2008, 10:58 AM
I have no idea how the U.S National team ignores this guy. He is a beast and I can't think of a better right back in the league. Let's hope the MLS All Star voters don't ignore this guy!

TheRenter
05-22-2008, 11:12 AM
MARVELL WYNNE IS THE MAN!!! He should have his own chant equal to the Marco Velez chant that goes back-and-forth from us supporters.

I tried to get it going at yesterday's match but it fizzled to say the least :^(