PDA

View Full Version : Stalteri's future in Europe not MLS

cincy
11-19-2008, 11:53 AM
http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2008/11/18/stalteri_canada/

Stalteri says his future is in Europe not MLS, talks about national team as well.

Ossington Mental Youth
11-19-2008, 11:57 AM
not surprised, not the first time hes said as much, hes not coming here, especially while we have turf, hecan fuck off for all i care

JDG
11-19-2008, 11:58 AM
not surprised, not the first time hes said as much, hes not coming here, especially while we have turf, hecan fuck off for all i care

QFT!

Hitcho
11-19-2008, 12:20 PM
He's crap anyway. :D

SLBuu
11-19-2008, 12:24 PM
i've never been a huge fan of his....... he always seemed like the kind of player that would play for an Albanian 3rd tier club than play for a team in the MLS.

no love lost

SoccMan
11-19-2008, 12:45 PM
From what I'm reading from the various posts on here, I'm getting the feeling that most people out here think the MLS is a crap league, so then why would players like Stalteri want to come over here and play in the MLS if it's as crap as most people on these boards think it is. Why would you then shit on him for not wanting to play in a league that most of you think is crap?

Ossington Mental Youth
11-19-2008, 12:47 PM
Its not the top league in the world but its our league.
Theres only a few posters that really insist on it being crap and they are few and far apart in alot of their opinions.
I dont think youll see the majority of people bashing the league in this forum.
Sure theres things that need to be changed to upgrade it but why would we watch it if we thought it was that bad.

SoccMan
11-19-2008, 12:53 PM
Point taken " Ossington Mental Youth" I agree with you, however, it just seems that sometimes people just love to bash this league not realizing that it is what it is. You are right and have the right attitude , it's not the top league in the world but its our league.

Ossington Mental Youth
11-19-2008, 12:56 PM
i agree with you by the way that people dont realize what this league/team is, some people have far to high expectations as to what can and will be done.

Toronto_Bhoy
11-19-2008, 12:59 PM
Stalteri says his future is in Europe not MLS, talks about national team as well.

Good!

Fort York Redcoat
11-19-2008, 01:01 PM
I wish he'd finish his career here. He's been our captain FFS. You guys sound like jilted lovers. Any explanations as to why you wouldn't want him playing alongside Brennan for that kind of $$$?

Hitcho
11-19-2008, 01:04 PM
I wish he'd finish his career here. He's been our captain FFS. You guys sound like jilted lovers. Any explanations as to why you wouldn't want him playing alongside Brennan for that kind of $$$?

Brennan came because he was driven to. It's his mission to make TFC great and get us into the play offs. Stalteri doesn't give a fuck and sneers at MLS (and probably therefore TFC as well). So in those circumstances frankly I'd rather see Nana playing instead of him, wouldn't you?!

Fort York Redcoat
11-19-2008, 01:08 PM
Brennan came because he was driven to. It's his mission to make TFC great and get us into the play offs. Stalteri doesn't give a fuck and sneers at MLS (and probably therefore TFC as well). So in those circumstances frankly I'd rather see Nana playing instead of him, wouldn't you?!

Ehm, Brennan was in Championship and not looking at anything higher. Stalteri was playing for his job in the Prem. Would you leave the Prem for MLS?

Yes I would prefer Stalteri come home but not as a DP.

Toronto_Bhoy
11-19-2008, 01:09 PM
I'd like to see him and Dichio in a foot race…breakout the calendar…

Fort York Redcoat
11-19-2008, 01:10 PM
i agree with you by the way that people dont realize what this league/team is, some people have far to high expectations as to what can and will be done.

Silence = Content to this league. No contrary voices means they will never change.

Ossington Mental Youth
11-19-2008, 01:19 PM
Silence = Content to this league. No contrary voices means they will never change.

Nono, im talking about unrealistic DPs not stuff like better ref'ing etc

Ossington Mental Youth
11-19-2008, 01:20 PM
Hey, id love ot see Stalteri here but that wont happen with his shit attitude

Ossington Mental Youth
11-19-2008, 01:24 PM
same goes for Radz, he'd rather play for some shit greek team then come home, pathetic

Fort York Redcoat
11-19-2008, 01:29 PM
Hey, id love ot see Stalteri here but that wont happen with his shit attitude

same goes for Radz, he'd rather play for some shit greek team then come home, pathetic

Talking to Stalteri came off like he wanted to know "where have you been?" plus he hasn't moved out of London for a club in how long? I think he's pretty settled there. Radz I'm so sure of with him retiring like he did. I think he genuinely appreciated our support. Maybe he could be convinced.

Nono, im talking about unrealistic DPs not stuff like better ref'ing etc

Fair enough.

So Del Piero or...;)

Ossington Mental Youth
11-19-2008, 01:30 PM

exactly.

Dont downplay the CCC we know its got alot of talent and definitely pays more, he could have stayed but he didnt because he wanted to play for his hometown team. Have no use for these guys that want to come over and retire in this league at 35 at high wages because they a) think they are better and b) they are owed that.

Edit: Brian McBride didnt, he prob could have stayed and played in the CCC if he had wanted or even at Fulham another year.

Ossington Mental Youth
11-19-2008, 01:31 PM
Radz has been at SPurs (well not even, Spurs and Fulham, i think) for the last 3 or so years, previous to that he was at Bremen, he hasnt been in London that long. Even at Spurs he was second choice thats why he was at loan at fulham, where i dont think hes even getting first team...

Ossington Mental Youth
11-19-2008, 01:32 PM
So Del Piero or...;)

HAHAHA god i wish

Hitcho
11-19-2008, 01:35 PM
Ehm, Brennan was in Championship and not looking at anything higher. Stalteri was playing for his job in the Prem. Would you leave the Prem for MLS?

Yes I would prefer Stalteri come home but not as a DP.

You missed my point. Brennan could have made more money in the CCC if he wanted to. But he WANTED to come here instead, to make his mark and do what he could for TFC. I'd take that attitude from someone, wherever they played, over stalteri and his "I'm too good for MLS" approach. Robert had that attitude, and look where it got him. And as a player he was LIGHT YERAS ahead of anything stalteri could ever hope to be.

So i don't care if he's in the premier league in england, if he's not interested in being here and considers us a joke option, then he can fuck off and i wouldn't want him regardless.

that's my point, not how good he is or isn't, or where he currently plays or what his other options are... :canada:

Tintin
11-19-2008, 01:42 PM
Radz has been at SPurs (well not even, Spurs and Fulham, i think) for the last 3 or so years, previous to that he was at Bremen, he hasnt been in London that long. Even at Spurs he was second choice thats why he was at loan at fulham, where i dont think hes even getting first team...

Actually, Radz has fallen off the soccer radar. From Prem to Greece and now to the second division in Belgium!!! He has family in Blegium and I think there is a mediacl situation (daughter?) so he came back. The second division is very weak so his skills must be eroding. Forget about him!

VPjr
11-19-2008, 01:52 PM

very well said....finally some logic.

Brennan is a nice player but he had no hope of making a bigger payday than what he was making in the Championship. Coming to MLS probably required a bit of a paycut but when you factor in cost of living in Jolly Old England, it's probably a relatively cost neutral move for Jimmy.

TFC would be forced to make Diesel our DP to pay him what he makes for 'Spurs (as a reserves player, no less). He's not leaving London for MLS and TFC would be stupid to give him DP money to come home.

Plus, I've heard that Paul doesn't really think highly of MLS and we all know he hates turf.

If EPL falls through, i could see him head back to Germany for a couple more years. When he left Bremen, he was a hero over there. They loved him.

VPjr
11-19-2008, 01:55 PM
Paul has been at SPurs (well not even, Spurs and Fulham, i think) for the last 3 or so years, previous to that he was at Bremen, he hasnt been in London that long. Even at Spurs he was second choice thats why he was at loan at fulham, where he played a key role in saving them from relegation at the end of the season

Fixed your post

Fort York Redcoat
11-19-2008, 01:55 PM
No Hitch I get your point and appreciate Brennan wanting to come home for less $$$ but to expect Stalteri and Radz when they were competeing for spots in the most lucrative league in the world is a bigger ask.

And it was Stalteri at Spurs then Fulham now back at Spurs. Radz staed with Fulham in the Prem.

I just noticed we're not even in the Canada forum. It's starting to look like V's posting only now.:canada:

VPjr
11-19-2008, 02:02 PM
The second division is very weak so his skills must be eroding. Forget about him!
What a ridiculous statment.

1st of all, Radz tore up the Greek league last year for a very average club. He was instrumental in getting Xanthi close to a UEFA Cup spot last year.

He choose to move to Belgium for family reasons and because he had some issues with the situation at Xanthi (he accused players of fixing games). However, at his age and situation in life, he might have decided to put family before career, and that is his right. He has family in Mississauga so, if he wanted to come home to play for TFC, it would not shock me but his wife is from Belgium and she might want to be close to her family. those are personal decisions. Also, he's playing for a club in Belgium with legitimate aspirations of moving up to the 1st division in Belgium next year.

We would be very fortunate to have a player like Radz in MLS. Pure class and more talent than any player on the current TFC roster. He would be an instant star in MLS. He would be our Schelotto/Blanco.

Fort York Redcoat
11-19-2008, 02:10 PM
What a ridiculous statment.

1st of all, Radz tore up the Greek league last year for a very average club. He was instrumental in getting Xanthi close to a UEFA Cup spot last year.

He choose to move to Belgium for family reasons and because he had some issues with the situation at Xanthi (he accused players of fixing games). However, at his age and situation in life, he might have decided to put family before career, and that is his right. He has family in Mississauga so, if he wanted to come home to play for TFC, it would not shock me but his wife is from Belgium and she might want to be close to her family. those are personal decisions. Also, he's playing for a club in Belgium with legitimate aspirations of moving up to the 1st division in Belgium next year.

We would be very fortunate to have a player like Radz in MLS. Pure class and more talent than any player on the current TFC roster. He would be an instant star in MLS. He would be our Schelotto/Blanco.

To be there to see him don the "Sack the CSA" shirt ain't summin I'll soon forget.

Ossington Mental Youth
11-19-2008, 02:15 PM
Fixed your post

HA
that can be debated, as many say it was McBride that did the samething.
Dont think Bremen will be taking him back at this point, Schaaf is notorious for exchanging the old (no matter how well they are playing, Ailton anyone?) and frankly they have enough young german talent in the same position he would play (even in lb or rb, theyve got enough players).

Ossington Mental Youth
11-19-2008, 02:22 PM
please note i was thinking of Stalteri as a CB which i dont think he plays, i know he plays wing on the MNT (which he would never do at Bremen) so itd have to be either RB or LB which, once again, are filled positions

VPjr
11-19-2008, 02:28 PM
please note i was thinking of Stalteri as a CB which i dont think he plays, i know he plays wing on the MNT (which he would never do at Bremen) so itd have to be either RB or LB which, once again, are filled positions

RB is filled for now by Marvell Wynne but there will come a day when Marvell will be off to greener pastures and it would be nice to fill his roster spot with a very capable player (but I'd never pay DP money for a RB)

Ossington Mental Youth
11-19-2008, 02:30 PM
i totally agree with you on that

VPjr
11-19-2008, 02:35 PM
HA
that can be debated, as many say it was McBride that did the samething.
Dont think Bremen will be taking him back at this point, Schaaf is notorious for exchanging the old (no matter how well they are playing, Ailton anyone?) and frankly they have enough young german talent in the same position he would play (even in lb or rb, theyve got enough players).
I agree...he's not going back to Bremen...that club looks forward, not backwards. if he went back to Germany, it would be to a smaller club (does Monchengladbach need help on D?)

VPjr
11-19-2008, 02:36 PM
To be there to see him don the "Sack the CSA" shirt ain't summin I'll soon forget.
The photos I got from the V's who went to that game are priceless. To see Radz wearing one of my shirts was the icing on the cake.

Ossington Mental Youth
11-19-2008, 02:45 PM
I agree...he's not going back to Bremen...that club looks forward, not backwards. if he went back to Germany, it would be to a smaller club (does Monchengladbach need help on D?)

Good question, i know theres a supporter on here somewhere, cant remember dudes name, i wouldnt doubt it, granted they did make a hell ofa comeback last week against scheisse bayern

Jeff s
11-19-2008, 04:07 PM
Is this a bad thing? Hes always been overrated imo. For a RB, he lets a lot of things slide by him, and tbh, always thought he wasn't really deserving of the captain role. Im not gonna lose sleep over this.