PDA

View Full Version : B.Knight:Flagging the refs

denime
11-16-2008, 08:10 AM
Flagging the refs

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is annoyed. The outspoken Scot has been charged with improper conduct for an on-field chew-out of a Premier League referee, and is not taking it quietly.

Ferguson feels, now that officials are full-time employees, they should constantly be working to improve. And while there certainly are some ringing clang-hammer calls in the EPL, one wonders how the man might feel if he had to watch a steady diet of Major League Soccer?

Read more (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20081115.WBsoccerblog20081115162527/WBStory/WBsoccerblog/)

flatpicker
11-16-2008, 04:03 PM
I have been hoping for this exact situation.
MLS refs need some guidance badly.
If we can put some extra coin into the pockets of European refs and have them come over here to baby-sit things for a couple of months then that would be awesome.

fingers crossed!

CretanBull
11-16-2008, 06:11 PM
Is Sir Alex going to boycott talking to the refs now too?

bee dubya
11-16-2008, 07:35 PM
I'd love to see something like this happen. It would be great if the MLS officials could get some games in Europe during the long MLS off-season and it would be amazing if we could get some high level refs over to North America for our summer to give some seminars and helpful coaching. I think a large problem with the reffing in the US is that the refs generally come from USSF. Why do you think that the refs never review poor calls and reverse reds or yellows that weren't deserved? The league doesn't run the refs, which is sad to see. We need more cooperation between the two organizations to improve the game on the field.