PDA

View Full Version : Question for Fans !!!

Kenny/Boozemaster/Lenny/togetherness/Roc le Roc
11-14-2008, 03:54 PM
I really wanted to go last nite to the Pub crawl but never made it ..

My question is does anyone feel like a Homer or gomer trying to hang with these guys ..
I can see guys with kids or even young kids being into it ..

But after hearing all the talk and shit today about Tyrone and that he is the bomb..
Does any young adults feel awkward about meeting these guys and hanging with them..:rolleyes:

Lijit question I think

H Bomb
11-14-2008, 04:01 PM
I really like lijit....You don't see 3 dotted letters back to back often enough.

Anywho, from going last year I can say no it's not awkward. You spend most of the time there talking to the people you always talk to at bars (other RPB's & G's, North Enders, U Sectorites) And then you talk to the guys on the team. No one goes there with the intention of being their friends, it's very cordial and a ton of fun.

Nodoubtguy
11-14-2008, 04:04 PM
Talking to Wynne at the RPB party was pretty normal. Just talked to him about what he's up to for the offseason, what games he's been watching.....like I'd talk to anyone else.

11-14-2008, 04:05 PM
Cheers man I just wondered if it was weird at all .. Wanted to go but couldn't get down there..

Thanks

H Bomb
11-14-2008, 04:17 PM
^^ Try to make it to the downtown one.

JDG
11-14-2008, 04:18 PM
Never really had an issue talking to players because they're players. If it's ever akward, it's just because I'm having a tough time finding something to say. That could happen in a conversation with anyone though.

Jay P
11-14-2008, 04:23 PM
Loved talking to Jimmy B last week at the pub crawl
again... no intention of being their buddy... just love to hear their insight on stuff in the MLS

11-14-2008, 04:30 PM
I think it would be cool to chat with these guys but I know I would be shit scared nervous and would prolly fuck it up..

Cashcleaner
11-14-2008, 04:56 PM
Lombardo was the only guy I could have a really interesting conversation with. With guys like Dichio or Brennan, you're sorta in awe of them standing there, but Lombardo was awesome talking to. Say what you want about the guy, but he's PURE CLASS* once you get to know him.

* That ones for you, Kingpin

Bars92
11-14-2008, 10:10 PM
when I used to be a big Argos fan I used to go to their annual cornroast and talked to the players no problem, not that awkward cause they don't make that much money anyways and were pretty much just normal people. I'd figure it would be similiar with TFC.

GingerNinja
11-14-2008, 10:23 PM
I was at the pub crawl on thursday, and it was easy smooth conversations. I had the same concerns as you, but it was cool. Marshall even gave me person to run onto the pitch and pants a guy taking a corner.

Keystone FC
11-15-2008, 04:36 AM
I think it would be cool to chat with these guys but I know I would be shit scared nervous and would prolly fuck it up..

They're just people, just like us. They have minds, feelings, desires, fears,...etc. The fact that they have their last name shouted outloud by 20,000 people all at once is what sets them apart for us, and the fact that most of them have played soccer in Europe.
I find it kind of funny when people say that they get 'awe struck' or 'wouldn't know what to say' because if I were a player I would be the one that would be nervous meeting fans and talking with them.

TorCanSoc
11-15-2008, 08:07 AM
I was at the Merch & Meet at the ACC. Its close to my office. Jimmy and Robbo signed a shirt for my son. And yeah, great great guys. Jimmy was looking over my shoulder a bit, but that comes with his territory I guess. Its contrived, but I'm glad I got a souvenier for my son.