PDA

View Full Version : Ali Karimi for DP!

[NBF]
11-13-2008, 07:15 PM
:mad:Everyone is saying Crespo or Del Piero, but Karimi is a heck of alot better choice for Franchise player and he's only 30 years old. So my question to you is why not Karimi???? Start the discussion, why not Karimi?

MG42
11-13-2008, 07:18 PM
I'd rather have DeRo

justin
11-13-2008, 07:18 PM
because i've never heard of him, upon researching him he doesn't have a very impressive playing history at the club level(not bad internationally) and we dont need another midfielder

trane
11-13-2008, 07:25 PM
Shags , one more to add to the list.

flatpicker
11-13-2008, 07:26 PM
and we don't need another midfielder

and quite frankly, we don't need another poll for DP speculation!

why can't we just chill out and wait to see what the team does... and then react to it?

:noidea:

CretanBull
11-13-2008, 07:44 PM
I just watched a short documentary about him, I like him alot as a player but he doesn't have the name recognition that teams (or their marketing departments) like to have in a DP. Blanco coming to the league caused excitement, Beckham coming to the league caused excitement, people will go ape-shit crazy if Del Piero comes to the league...Karimi's arrival would hardly be noticed within footy circles and would be ignored by the sports media at large. Having said that, he'd help our team significantly and would be among the best players in the league.

Torcida
11-13-2008, 07:47 PM
because i've never heard of him, upon researching him he doesn't have a very impressive playing history at the club level(not bad internationally) and we dont need another midfielder
Then your opinion doesn't matter because of your obvious lack of knowledge.

justin
11-13-2008, 07:55 PM
Then your opinion doesn't matter because of your obvious lack of knowledge.

awww, someone's panties are in a twist

Kickit09
11-13-2008, 08:03 PM
only in MLS do people say "he's only 30".

Cashcleaner
11-13-2008, 08:10 PM
Don't really know the guy so I couldn't vote on him either way. Though that fact in itself isn't all that favourable for him. I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt though - that means a short trip to wikipedia and youtube for me.

jloome
11-13-2008, 08:11 PM
He's a good player but probably falls into the "not marquee/goal productive" enough for a dp, not cheap enough to fit the regular salary cap.

billygrieveuk
11-13-2008, 08:12 PM
I will see you all next spring, i can't go through another off season of guessing and speculation.....especially when we are polling on players like michael owen coming to toronto fc as DP!

I agree with flatpicker, just wait and see.

CretanBull
11-13-2008, 09:02 PM
Don't really know the guy so I couldn't vote on him either way. Though that fact in itself isn't all that favourable for him. I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt though - that means a short trip to wikipedia and youtube for me.

He was basically Munich's super-sub, the first guy off the bench when one of their super-star mids got tired. He got the occasional start there too - pretty impressive considering the regular starters at the time included Ballack, Hargreaves, Ze Roberto etc.

106-12
11-13-2008, 10:34 PM
I have seen him play about 40 games when he is on he is 1000 times better than DeRo. He never had 100% chance with munich. WIth the IRANIAN national team he has personnel problems with IRAN'S SUPER STAR TURNED COACH ALI DAEI.He can be asuper star in the MLS no problem. And he is better < in my mind > than balanco .Will he sell extra tickets or jersies in the MLS ???? I dont think so

Pronto
11-13-2008, 10:48 PM

why can't we just chill out and wait to see what the team does... and then react to it?

agree:drinking:

Hitcho
11-13-2008, 11:21 PM

As ever, the flat picker man speaks words of wisdom. There are thousands of these polls we could start, all utterly pointless unless there's reasonable cause to think TFC are chasing someone.

Relax, go down the Beer Store and wait until April. Then we can all go f'ing nuts again. :D:D:D

justin
11-14-2008, 09:19 AM
anyone else remember the Jesus for DP thread? that was awesome.

Shaughno
11-14-2008, 09:32 AM
Shags , one more to add to the list.

I'll put this one under 'unconfirmed/no source' ;)

trane
11-14-2008, 09:53 AM
^ How about 'pure speculation/wish list'.

Hitcho
11-14-2008, 09:59 AM
^^ or just "completely pointless crap, again"

invictusTFC
11-14-2008, 01:10 PM
;263932']:mad:Everyone is saying Crespo or Del Piero, but Karimi is a heck of alot better choice for Franchise player and he's only 30 years old. So my question to you is why not Karimi???? Start the discussion, why not Karimi?

Ali Karimi's agent, is that you?

MUFC_Niagara
11-14-2008, 01:25 PM
Poll:

Should this useless thread be closed:

Yup!
Nope!

trane
11-14-2008, 01:27 PM
^ I am all for free speech, but I have to vote YUP.

Shakes McQueen
11-14-2008, 01:31 PM
only in MLS do people say "he's only 30".

And pretty much any league that isn't the EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Ligue 1, and MAYBE Eredivisie.

- Scott

Hitcho
11-14-2008, 02:57 PM
Poll:

Should this useless thread be closed:

Yup!
Nope!

Yes, and all other pointless threads/polls like it.

ensco
11-14-2008, 03:25 PM

Or put another way, if you're going to do wild speculation, at least make it funny....

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/newcastle-fans-call-for-the-reanimation-of-jackie-milburn-200809151252/

zeelaw
11-14-2008, 03:32 PM
who?

Hitcho
11-14-2008, 03:44 PM
who?

:rofl:

Nomad
11-14-2008, 04:25 PM
Actually, i would love to see him as DP and for once it's actually not that far fetched. There's been way worse speculation threads than this one so why is everyone so up in arms?

Kayed
11-14-2008, 05:19 PM
^Agreed. I can actually see this happening if MLSE showed interest and he would definitely be a good buy. I love DeRo and all but if you think he is better than Ali Karimi, then I would say you are either delusional or not very knowledgeable.

trane
11-14-2008, 05:22 PM
I think most are not up in arms about the the player, but that it is simply pure speculation. From what I know of him and what I have seen, he would be great in the MLS, but there is no basis for believing that this is even on the radar screen.

jloome
11-14-2008, 05:42 PM
After doing a bit more research, I'd like to change my vote to an unequivocable "yes" (but with the rider that we wouldn't have a chance in hell.)

poppamidnight
11-15-2008, 04:59 PM
Question: Does Iran still not allow female fans to attent match's?

If so, and someone can provide a link to him speaking out against this then i'm all for him

If he just bites his lip, then i say nay to him

We need someone who has the balls to speak out when somethings shite...
cuz we all know there will be some sort of shite to put up with (there always is)...

Example:
If Carver chooses to start shite players (Velez/Harmse/James or Cunny/Ja. Smith) over better players (Attakora or Ibbe) will our DP have the balls to speak up?

Last year it often took 3 games for the media bashing to get to a degree where carver enetually conceeded defeat and played the better players,
we need a DP who has some weight behind what he says

King Tut
11-16-2008, 03:45 PM
^Agreed. I can actually see this happening if MLSE showed interest and he would definitely be a good buy. I love DeRo and all but if you think he is better than Ali Karimi, then I would say you are either delusional or not very knowledgeable.

or smoking some real good shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit ;)

Dirk Diggler
11-16-2008, 03:51 PM
Ali Karimi would be a good addition ... just not sure if he even has the remotest interest of coming to the MLS.

And I don't see why he needs to speak out against social issues in order to be a good signing. If we are signing an American player, does he need to speak out against the war in Iraq for him to be a worthwhile signing? That is a very ridiculous condition to attach.

King Tut
11-16-2008, 05:11 PM
Ali Karimi would be a good addition ... just not sure if he even has the remotest interest of coming to the MLS.

And I don't see why he needs to speak out against social issues in order to be a good signing. If we are signing an American player, does he need to speak out against the war in Iraq for him to be a worthwhile signing? That is a very ridiculous condition to attach.

QFT!
Good point.

Chevy
11-16-2008, 08:01 PM
anyone else remember the Jesus for DP thread? that was awesome.

Yep. Good news is that he's out of contract. Bad news is that he is knows as a bit of a free "spirit".