PDA

View Full Version : Carl Robinson - In his own words...

Parkdale
11-13-2008, 01:30 PM
talking about getting the RPB Man Of The Year Award for 2008.

not about his mailman or anything else

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyqXvoFZ0C4
CyqXvoFZ0C4

flatpicker
11-13-2008, 01:34 PM
thanks Carl!

BuSaPuNk
11-13-2008, 01:46 PM
Thanks Carl!! Well deserved reconiztion. I hope he comes back next year!!

Technorgasm
11-13-2008, 01:53 PM
Will there be a scarf made in his honour. . ala BRENNAN?

cuz like, that was cool beans.

in fact, one might say it was TOTALLY RAD!

WALK ON CARL. top bloke.

CoachGT
11-13-2008, 02:03 PM
Will there be a scarf made in his honour. . ala BRENNAN?

cuz like, that was cool beans.

in fact, one might say it was TOTALLY RAD!

WALK ON CARL. top bloke.

Working on it. We'll run a poll in a month or so, to decide whether to use the same scarf design or a new one. Let things settle down a bit first. Last year's Brennan scarves were done for the opening game (they were ready just before Carolina). This year, probably the same deal, but only one (larger) order - larger means prices might drop a bit.

Cambridge_Red
11-13-2008, 02:20 PM
Well done, nice work on the video.

Roogsy
11-13-2008, 02:21 PM
Nice Coach!

Parkdale
11-13-2008, 02:23 PM
Well done, nice work on the video.

thanks! I was walking back after shooting the video just terrified that I'd somehow erase the tape and screw things up.

MUFC_Niagara
11-13-2008, 02:44 PM
why does this man still have doubters on this board....he has been the one consistent entity on TFC since game 1! Also, why does he not have a song yet....come on FLUSH!

ACSertL
11-13-2008, 02:58 PM
why does this man still have doubters on this board....he has been the one consistent entity on TFC since game 1! Also, why does he not have a song yet....come on FLUSH!

I know its a rhetorical question, but I'll answer anyway. People doubt him because his strengths on the pitch aren't always front and centre. But there are people on here that understand that Robbo's contributions are very tangible. He truly deserves this award!

I will get a Robbo scarf for sure!

Parkdale
11-13-2008, 03:03 PM
I know its a rhetorical question, but I'll answer anyway. People doubt him because his strengths on the pitch aren't always front and centre. But there are people on here that understand that Robbo's contributions are very tangible. He truly deserves this award!

I will get a Robbo scarf for sure!

exactly.

there's very little glory in his position.

Kenny/Boozemaster/Lenny/togetherness/Roc le Roc
11-13-2008, 03:04 PM
I know a taxi driver that drove Carl to the airport for vacation and he said !!!

Oh fuck it ,

Awesome job on getting this award.. He is deserving

ACSertL
11-13-2008, 03:06 PM
I know a taxi driver that drove Carl to the airport for vacation and he said !!!

Oh fuck it ,

Awesome job on getting this award.. He is deserving

:lol: Very nice.

BuSaPuNk
11-13-2008, 03:09 PM
I second that I'll also be getting the Robinson scarf when it arrives!! Listen everyone has there naysayers. It's always been like that. Overall he has been the most consitant player on the pitch. Pure talent in those legs. I think we are lucky that we have such a competitive and passionate player among our ranks.

Hitcho
11-13-2008, 03:28 PM
Superstar in TFC terms. Always gives 100%, always reliable, always a better team when Robbo is playing.

And I loved that shot of him absolutley pasted after a game (I think in NYC when we stuffed the Shit Bulls 3-1) in Dichio's video diary - nothing left in the tank, he left it all on the pitch, like always. Legend.

David_Oliveira
11-13-2008, 08:26 PM
Check at 40 seconds.

pepher
11-13-2008, 11:07 PM
i'm in on a Robinson scarf fer sure...

Hitcho
11-13-2008, 11:42 PM
SEE YOU ALL NEXT YEAR

He said it, he said it! He fucking well said it!

WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :D:D:D:D:D:D

Daveisonfire
11-14-2008, 12:15 AM
Everybody now...

Oh Carl Robinson, you are the love of my life!
Carl Robinson, I'll let you shag my wife!
Carl Robinson, I wish I was Welsh toooooo

:D

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=6470

Nodoubtguy
11-14-2008, 12:22 AM
Remember the video from Dichio where Robbo is just dead after the game??? that showed what kind of player he is, the kind that leaves nothing on the pitch.....

jloome
11-14-2008, 01:18 AM
SEE YOU ALL NEXT YEAR

He said it, he said it! He fucking well said it!

WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :D:D:D:D:D:D

Uh, Dr. Optimismo, he said "hope to see you next year." That doesn't sound very fucking definite to me at all.

Daveisonfire
11-14-2008, 07:55 AM
Uh, Dr. Optimismo, he said "hope to see you next year." That doesn't sound very fucking definite to me at all.

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=7595

:)

king dave
11-14-2008, 08:26 AM
Hey Gary!
Put me down for a Robbo scarf.
Guess it's too late for Christmas delivery:rolleyes:?
KD,

Hitcho
11-14-2008, 10:17 AM

Uh, Dr Pessimo McTedium, if he knew he wasn't coming back then he couldn't hope to see anyone at all, could he? He could have just said nothing and left it alone.

And the link above about being glad to go back to Canada next year sounds "very fucking definite", doesn't it? :rolleyes:

Kenny/Boozemaster/Lenny/togetherness/Roc le Roc
11-14-2008, 10:27 AM
Lets just rememeber that the transfer window does not open until Jan and until then there can be no discussions..
so he can say see u next year all he wants .. In Jan he can say see u all later

TFCREDNWHITE
11-14-2008, 10:50 AM
Uh, Dr Pessimo McTedium, if he knew he wasn't coming back then he couldn't hope to see anyone at all, could he? He could have just said nothing and left it alone.

And the link above about being glad to go back to Canada next year sounds "very fucking definite", doesn't it? :rolleyes:

I'm gonna have to agree with Jloome on this one....He said "hope to see you next year" key word being "hope" basically it means that even Carl Robinson doesn't know what the fuck he's doing next year yet....

Hitcho
11-14-2008, 12:31 PM
I'm gonna have to agree with Jloome on this one....He said "hope to see you next year" key word being "hope" basically it means that even Carl Robinson doesn't know what the fuck he's doing next year yet....

Well what was he gonna say? "I will definitely be seeing you all next season, come hell or high water"?! He might be sold even if he is happy to stay, so he can't make statements like that.

Or, it might have been a message that he hopes all of US come back next year to cheer him on again.

I'd say it's about as definitive as you can get from a player in Carl's shoes. Mo has given a defniite statement that Robb will be back. Robbo himself has basically hinted at it as strongly as he can. What do you want - to see it signed in blood?

I accept it's not cast iron, but nothing is in football (apart from the red bulls being shite of course). There's more than enough to be positive about the situation and look forward to next season with jsutified optimism of seeing him back at BMO Field...

manic.street.preacher
11-14-2008, 01:26 PM
Everybody now...
Oh Carl Robinson, you are the love of my life!
Carl Robinson, I'll let you shag my wife!
Carl Robinson, I wish I was Welsh toooooo
^^we need to get that one going next season, fo sho :D

zeelaw
11-14-2008, 02:06 PM
I love how he carries himself. Amazing guy to have in the field.

Daveisonfire
11-15-2008, 01:43 PM
bump :)

dupont
11-15-2008, 11:06 PM
He seems like a great guy. I hope he stays with the team.