PDA

View Full Version : Edwards and Barrett Called into USMNT Camp

ccopela
11-11-2008, 01:58 PM
http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2008/11/bradley-calls-i.html

interesting to see Edwards get a call. I guess he's impressed and may be another incentive to protect him in the expansion draft. hmmm.

C.Ronaldo
11-11-2008, 01:59 PM
toronto is not developing edwards enough.

I love sutton, but edwards has the potential to be a much better professional....ie not pass the ball to the other player

Nuvinho
11-11-2008, 02:17 PM
good move by Bradley to get some of the guys who the US haven't called up before.

ACSertL
11-11-2008, 02:19 PM
Well the USA are already through to the Hex so it is probably a good time to give some new blood a cap or two. Good for our boys, unless of course this becomes a regular occurrence. Tim Regan on speed dial for sure.

TFC Via Buffalo
11-11-2008, 05:34 PM
YES!!!!!! My favorite player on the team gets the call up. Give them hell Brian!!! I really hope they retain him so my Edwards jersey doesn't become a throwback.

LucaGol
11-11-2008, 06:56 PM
How has Brian Edwards even remotely earned a NT call up?

Let's be objective here ppl.

CretanBull
11-11-2008, 07:17 PM
^ European based teams aren't going to release their keepers for a meaningless game. Edwards is better than you think he is.

gmacpheetfc
11-11-2008, 08:13 PM
what about that bum who plays for montreal?

rocker
11-11-2008, 09:44 PM
i like edwards but he's done almost nothing to deserve a callup. he played 6 games this season.
he's never been on the radar of the US Nats. wow...

can you imagine next season if Edwards and Sutts got called up at the same time... we don't need any more guys getting a look nationally.

Keyman
11-11-2008, 09:50 PM
The USMNT hands out caps like candy. This means nothing.

ccopela
11-11-2008, 10:11 PM
Maybe they called up Edwards cause they want to get him cap tied so he can't switch to Canada haha.

LucaGol
11-11-2008, 10:22 PM
^ European based teams aren't going to release their keepers for a meaningless game. Edwards is better than you think he is.

And you know this how exactly?

CretanBull
11-11-2008, 10:55 PM
And you know this how exactly?

Because you said that he hasn't even "remotely" earned his cap...under the circumstances, it's completely understandable why the nation team coach would want to take a look at him.

Keegan
11-12-2008, 10:44 AM
ummm
So Edwards gets called up and suddenly hes good enough to start over Sutton?

Edwards wasn't even called for the u23 US team....

The Kingpin
11-12-2008, 10:59 AM
ummm
So Edwards gets called up and suddenly hes good enough to start over Sutton?

Edwards wasn't even called for the u23 US team....

Just curious, has anyone said that here or is your need to defend Canadian players regardless of the circumstances blinded you. Maybe I missed something, but I'm really beginning to believe that you are a NUFC supporter solely because of Edgar... :nono:

Go! :canada:

Edwards could be our future keeper, it may be a good idea to support possible progress such as this. Just thinking out loud anyway...

Keegan
11-12-2008, 11:33 AM
Just curious, has anyone said that here or is your need to defend Canadian players regardless of the circumstances blinded you. Maybe I missed something, but I'm really beginning to believe that you are a NUFC supporter solely because of Edgar... :nono:

Go! :canada:

Edwards could be our future keeper, it may be a good idea to support possible progress such as this. Just thinking out loud anyway...

One of the first posts suggested that actually. And am I right or if he wasn't called to the US olympic qualifying team..... etc.

And I was NUFC supporter before I had heard of David Edgar or even supported the Canadian men's teams. peace

Stencils
11-12-2008, 11:35 AM
I like what I've seen of Edwards when I've seen him play. I think he needs more experience before he'll be a 'better' choice for goal than Sutton though.

Kinda hard to develop a player who needs experience on the main stage if you don't think he's good enough for the main stage. Edwards getting a call up is a very good thing for both him as a player and Toronto FC.

bergkamp
11-12-2008, 08:42 PM
The USMNT hands out caps like candy. This means nothing.

Yeah, this is a D Team roster just to test fringe players. This game is meaningless for the US