PDA

View Full Version : [Rumour] Robbo "Heading back to England "

Kenny/Boozemaster/Lenny/togetherness/Roc le Roc
11-11-2008, 09:51 AM
Take this for what it worth but I have a mailman buddy in Mississauga that delivers to there house and chats with the Robinson's quite frequently .

He has been told that they are moving back to England for the January transfer window..

This sucks !!!!

They love it here but miss home very much is the word , all there:noidea: family is over there..

Eastend
11-11-2008, 09:53 AM
If true it is understandable but very unfortunate for us....

Roogsy
Dude...this gutted me. Not a great way to start my day.

Shaughno
Oh offseason, how I've missed you.

Lucky Strike
Like any player coming in the form of "Player X to TFC?" I'll believe when I see it. No offense though. Honestly.

trane
11-11-2008, 09:56 AM

I try to stay of the boards in the offseason, but I just can't. :noidea:

Hitcho
11-11-2008, 09:57 AM
Mo recently gave an empahtic statement that Robbo was coming back to TFC next season because he's under contract and the club are not looking to sell him. Now that could have been to drive up any transfer fee the club receives, I admit. And it may not stand up if the player himself (or his family) is desperate to go home. but until I see it confirmed for sure, I'm going to keep telling myself this is not true. Losing Robbo would be a hammer blow to our team.

Unless we get de Guz in as a DP of course... :D:D:D

Roogsy
11-11-2008, 09:57 AM
Do mailmen find out when people move?

I've never told my mailman when I have moved. I don't even think any of them have ever met me.

I don't know whether or not to believe this. It still turned my stomach though.

Shaughno
11-11-2008, 09:58 AM
Like any player coming in the form of "Player X to TFC?" I'll believe when I see it. No offense though. Honestly.

No offense to the OP, but I don't trust mailmen. Too many Newman's around!

http://www.karengreen.com/crocktalk/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/newmancrockpot.jpg

Lucky Strike
11-11-2008, 10:00 AM
No offense to the OP, but I don't trust mailmen. Too many Newman's around!

http://www.karengreen.com/crocktalk/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/newmancrockpot.jpg

Hahahaha! Actually come to think of it, I've never met my mailperson (maybe a man or woman).

trane
11-11-2008, 10:02 AM

I've never told my mailman when I have moved. I don't even think any of them have ever met me.

The post office would now if you tell them to forward the mail to the new address. But it would seem to early for that, and as far as meeting the mailman, I guess it is possible if he was at home during the day, but I think most of Mississauga has those mailboxes at the end of the block system.

canadian_bhoy
11-11-2008, 10:03 AM
Kramer, handing out anti-mail pamphlets: "Here you go. Mail is evil. Pass it
on. Hey, mail blows. Fax it to a friend."
Woman: "Why does this dummy have a bucket on its head?"
Kramer: "Because we're blind to their tyranny."
Woman: "Then shouldn't you be wearing the bucket?"
Kramer: "Yeah. Move along, Betty."

11-11-2008, 10:03 AM

Mailmen actually find out a lot of info on a regular basis ..
Its home delivery ..Not the box deal..

Parkdale
11-11-2008, 10:05 AM
so does Carl just hang out watering the roses bushes? Is he that bored?
Or maybe Mrs. Robinson is a bored housewife? Have his kids learned to talk?

^ note..... that's all bullshit speculation, and I have a feeling the OP is too.
no offense, but professional athletes knows you don't talk about contract
sensitive information with random people. I don't care how chatty you
are with the mailman, or the kid who bags your groceries....
That's not the kind of info you let slip unless it's part of some scheme.

trane
11-11-2008, 10:09 AM
^ Right on the money. I cannot believe this is starting so early. We already had Dell Piero, Henry, and Robbo leaving on the word of a mailman. We need to keep a tab. To laugh at once the seasons starts.

ACSertL
11-11-2008, 10:11 AM
He was also heading back to England last off season to go on a few months loan with Norwich City until he bashed up his leg in a Welsh National Team game. I'm not too worried about Robbo...he'll be back, he owes me a coffee. :)

Parkdale
11-11-2008, 10:15 AM
and the guy has my RPB scarf. That was a loaner!!!

Shaughno
11-11-2008, 10:16 AM
^ Right on the money. I cannot believe this is starting so early. We already had Dell Piero, Henry, and Robbo leaving on the word of a mailman. We need to keep a tab. To laugh at once the seasons starts.

I'm honestly keeping a spreadsheet for each rumour. ;)

CretanBull
11-11-2008, 10:18 AM
He's been in England (I think his family lives in Hereford?) since the season's end, and I doubt that he made the decision to go back to England before the season was over.

Pigfynn
11-11-2008, 10:21 AM

Do it!

trane
11-11-2008, 10:21 AM

I hope you do, and then you should post it when the season starts. It will be even funnier/sadder in hind sight.

Oblio2
11-11-2008, 10:22 AM
This is hard to take. Now we need 2 DP's. Robbo is our rock. For those that dont like or appreciate him, you will see how much we will miss him on the field if he isn't replaced.
I don't blame him though. Classy guy.Best of luck to him. Wonder where he's going?
My guess......Cardiff.

Boris
11-11-2008, 10:23 AM
ok...lets be VERY realistic
im just playing devils advocate......

1 - Mississuaga mail is rarely distributed to the home and int he years i lived there was a roatation of them and rarely did i see the regular one in my area which was close to Mississauga rd
2 - isnt Robbo back in England now?
3 - Not to say anything negative but when a user with 39 posts a rumour like this its hard to believe it
4 - ITS THE OFFSEASON

Shaughno
11-11-2008, 10:24 AM
I hope you do, and then you should post it when the season starts. It will be even funnier/sadder in hind sight.

I honestly have one going. Before this I only had Del Piero, Henry and DeRo on it. If you have anymore you've seen that I missed let me know!

trane
11-11-2008, 10:36 AM
^ De Guzman, is the other one I remember.

Shaughno
11-11-2008, 10:36 AM
Oh right. :p

canadian_bhoy
11-11-2008, 10:40 AM
^ De Guzman, is the other one I remember.

Seeing as I started the rumour, I'll make a quite caveat here:

I never suggested that DeGuz was on his way to Toronto - only that he was one of the clubs DP targets and that there had been ongoing discussions to bring him to TFC.

MUFC_Niagara
11-11-2008, 10:45 AM
The guy who cleans the toilets at work knows a guy who knows a guy that knows Jimmy Brennan who said the he heard from the bouncer at the club he was at last weekend heard from the UPS guy that Dichio was leaving too....

Nodoubtguy
11-11-2008, 10:48 AM
I'm taking this rumor as nothing more then that, but if Robbo doesn't come back to the team....it will be a crushing blow.

Parkdale
11-11-2008, 10:50 AM
Seeing as I started the rumour...

It's all your fault!
It's all your fault!
It's all your fault!

Parkdale
11-11-2008, 10:51 AM
The guy who cleans the toilets at work knows a guy who knows a guy that knows Jimmy Brennan who said the he heard from the bouncer at the club he was at last weekend heard from the UPS guy that Dichio was leaving too....

someone call the Toronto Star! We have a scoop!

11-11-2008, 10:54 AM
U can all say what you want.. I will take the rumor off the table , but the fact is I have a very good friend that is a mailman .. He has no reason to lie , none..
He is not even a soccer fan .
Guess we will see what happens. Time will tell all

Stouffville_RPB
11-11-2008, 10:56 AM

Don't forget the Michael Owen thread...and one thread that turned into how great Henrik Larsson would look in TFC red.

Parkdale
11-11-2008, 11:02 AM
U can all say what you want.. I will take the rumor off the table , but the fact is I have a very good friend that is a mailman .. He has no reason to lie , none..
He is not even a soccer fan .
Guess we will see what happens. Time will tell all

no one is saying that you or your friend are lying.
the more people in a communication chain, the more things get distorted.
Just like the game of 'telephone' that kids used to play, unless it's coming
to us first hand, we just expect it to have been misrepresented along the line.

really it's nothing personal, but we're skeptical about things like this

The Kingpin
11-11-2008, 11:03 AM
If Robbo leaves I'm no longer supporting TFC!!! ;)

Shaughno
11-11-2008, 11:03 AM
Don't forget the Michael Owen thread...and one thread that turned into how great Henrik Larsson would look in TFC red.

I only care about rumors coming from somewhat slightly credible sources thanks. ;)

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
11-11-2008, 11:05 AM

buh bye.:drinking:

MrHawk
I heard Robbo is leaving Toronto to sign with Columbus, Purple Monkey Dishwasher.

Parkdale

:seeya:

hahahahaha.....

I hope we don't lose Robbo.

The Kingpin
11-11-2008, 11:06 AM
buh bye.:drinking:

So you missed the wink, or you on the bandwagon... :D

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
11-11-2008, 11:07 AM
So you missed the wink, or you on the bandwagon... :D

did you miss my pint of guiness...:D

zeelaw
11-11-2008, 11:08 AM
Look at it like this, he can do lots spreading the news about how successful TFC is. Maybe he could influence others to come over to TFC or the MLS.

Parkdale
11-11-2008, 11:09 AM
Look at it like this, he can do lots spreading the news about how successful TFC is. Maybe he could influence others to come over to TFC or the MLS.

oh great...

and being dead means I don't have to pay taxes anymore. It's hardly a consolation.

MrHawk
11-11-2008, 11:10 AM
But at the same time Parkdale, you can always be re-incarnated :)

The Kingpin
11-11-2008, 11:10 AM
did you miss my pint of guiness...:D

Oh... The webernets confuse me... I thought you were drinking to my departure. :)

Now I know why so many showed up to my farewell dooo... You were all glad to see me go!! Bastards.

Sorry... So Robbo, is he gone yet?

Boondaddy
11-11-2008, 11:42 AM

May I have your season seat then?

Boondaddy
11-11-2008, 11:45 AM
The Spurs could use Robbo....lol

Cambridge_Red
11-11-2008, 11:49 AM
HAHAHA very credible source.

trane
11-11-2008, 12:06 PM
we should cook up a complete dusy of a rumour, keep the chatter going on this thread, but keep it serious, and watch the media pick it up. Something big but of a player over 30.

Oblio2
11-11-2008, 12:24 PM
The Spurs could use Robbo....lol

San Antonio?

Love Robbo but he wouldn't get in the squad at Spurs

Roogsy
11-11-2008, 12:34 PM
I heard Robbo is leaving Toronto to sign with Columbus, Purple Monkey Dishwasher.

:rofl:

Canadian Blue
11-11-2008, 12:41 PM
Guys just take it for what it is, a rumour. Don't bash the OP this is the internet and rumours run rampant.......but to be truthful I wouldn't be surprised to see Robbo go, disappointed but not surprised.

Strikers
11-11-2008, 01:15 PM
Players go back home in the off season all the time, not to sure why this thread
was started.

11-11-2008, 01:17 PM
It was started because I had a credible source that told me Robbo's wife said something very interesting..
I regret posting the thread now ..
Sorry for the rumor.. I do feel like I have been dumped on a bit .. I have learned my lesson

Hitcho
11-11-2008, 01:24 PM
It was started because I had a credible source that told me Robbo's wife said something very interesting..
Sorry for the rumor.. I do feel like I have been dumped on a bit .. I have learned my lesson

If he does go, he's under contract, so can we expect another transfer fee which "has to be used for the club" like we got for Edu?

I would much rather Robbo stayed, but if he is dead set on going then more money for grass/stadium expansion/training facility etc is some kind of silver lining...

MG42
11-11-2008, 01:26 PM

Everyone who has posted a rumour on here has been dumped on, Matty11, Big Bruva, etc.

tfcnorth7 tells no lies? :lol:

DigzTFC!
11-11-2008, 01:59 PM
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnation/football-news/2008/11/11/aaron-ramsey-s-welsh-selection-delights-bellamy-91466-22223081/

Midfielder Carl Robinson has been left out, although he has been assured he will be back in the Wales squad for their World Cup qualifiers against Finland and Germany in Cardiff next March.

Robinson is back in Wales doing radio and television work – he was commentating for the BBC at Queens Park Rangers v Cardiff City – because his club, Toronto FC, are in their close season.

He is not considered fit enough for Denmark, but will be back playing and training for Major League Soccer in North America when the next World Cup games are played.

zeelaw
11-11-2008, 07:27 PM
oh great...

and being dead means I don't have to pay taxes anymore. It's hardly a consolation.
That's why I said look at it like this.

I'd hate to see Robbo go.

andyc
11-11-2008, 09:07 PM
I really hesitated to post this information - In fact I heard it a couple of weeks ago, but since we're in Robbo rumour mode here goes...

So a friend of a friend (I know it starts badly) was at the leafs game that the TFC players went to at the end of the season and he went up to Robbo to ask for his autograph. He was apparently really friendly and they chatted for a while. This guy made a joke about every player that he gets an autograph from goes and leaves the club and then there was a bit of an embarresed silence. Robbo apparently then told him that he was going to leave in January.

I seriously hope this isn't true but had to share...

GhostPK
11-11-2008, 09:16 PM
I swear, we need a thread specifically for rumors... oh wait... 1/2 the posts would end up there, and the other 1/2 in the "Rants" Thread.

RPLProducer
11-11-2008, 09:31 PM
It kinda tingled my spidey sense a bit when he said in the RPB "man of the year" acceptance video that he "hoped" to be back next season...

And mailmen rule... where else can you get free elastics!

jloome
11-11-2008, 09:45 PM
Posties are federal employees and subject to the Access to Information act. Anyone who has worked for Canada Post knows their job, and ass, would be in a sling if they discussed something a customer told them on the route.

Plus, it's the offseason.

Boris
11-11-2008, 10:19 PM
I swear, we need a thread specifically for rumors... oh wait... 1/2 the posts would end up there, and the other 1/2 in the "Rants" Thread.

dont worry....the mods will put a tag to make sure EVERYONE knows its a rumour...and for jay to just add it to his spreadsheet....

Oblio2
11-11-2008, 11:41 PM
Posties are federal employees and subject to the Access to Information act. Anyone who has worked for Canada Post knows their job, and ass, would be in a sling if they discussed something a customer told them on the route.

Plus, it's the offseason.

Chatting with someone doesn't count

Cashcleaner
11-12-2008, 01:04 AM

I'm just waiting for the next rumour that start with a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy.

Shitty if true, but I'm not ready to jump the gun yet on this story.

Oldtimer
11-12-2008, 08:34 AM
Most of Mississauga has superbox delivery.
However, Port Credit, where I live (and also Robbo lives) has delivery to each house, being an older community. Only subdivisions built after the mid 1970's have box delivery.

MrHawk
11-12-2008, 08:42 AM
Rumour has it, Davor Suker is coming out of retirement to play for Toronto FC.

I have a friend who knows someone in Zagreb, who says that when he was delivering Davor's daily dose of burek, said he wants to play for Toronto FC.

You can mark that in your calendars.

SLBuu
11-12-2008, 08:55 AM
cant get off the Burek, can you Hawk. lol

MrHawk
11-12-2008, 08:59 AM
Burek is by far one of the greatest dishes ever :)