PDA

View Full Version : TFC Puts up the Poppy

canadian_bhoy
11-10-2008, 07:53 PM
Anyone going on the TFC website will notice they have placed a poppy on the banner and have a short blurb to "commemorate the sacrifices of members of the armed forces and of civilians in times of war. On this day, we remember those who have fought and died for our country and those who are still involved in combat."

Thumbs up to TFC on this one!!!:canada:

Soods
11-10-2008, 07:58 PM
Well said!!

Hitcho
11-11-2008, 01:47 PM
Bump, and QFT.

Lest we forget.

TicTacTabarnack
11-11-2008, 02:31 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/remembranceday/gfx/titlephoto2.jpg

Today we remember those who have fallen to give us the freedoms we love and share here in Canada.

From the men who fought in the Great War and took Vimy Ridge against all odds as we witness the birth of our Nation;

To the men that landed on Juno Beach and fought alongside my grandfather to stop the atrocities that the Nazi regime wanted to enforce in our World;

To the men and women that fight today in Afghanistan to help those that cannot help themselves gain their own independence and freedom ...

I will forever be grateful to you, our troops, as you fought and continue to fight to allow myself and others the right to pursue the dreams and goals we set for ourselves and allow us the opportunity to achieve them in a free and democratic society.

God Bless!

ilikemusic
11-11-2008, 08:24 PM
No offense to any Brits, and im not trying to trivialize anything, just having a laugh.

Canadian poppies look so much better than the British ones. :canada:

Theirs look like paper Christmas decorations.

Blizzard
11-12-2008, 01:22 PM
No offense to any Brits, and im not trying to trivialize anything, just having a laugh.

Canadian poppies look so much better than the British ones. :canada:

Theirs look like paper Christmas decorations.

I really don't know why the Americans have not adopted this wonderful custom.