PDA

View Full Version : De Guzman to re-sign at Deportivo?

arbogast
11-10-2008, 11:49 AM
As for the rumors that Mo and Carver are looking at signing JDG,
from the looks of this article, Mo doesn't stand a chance in hell of signing him.

Though DeGuzman is out of contract at the end of the year, he wants to re-sign at Deportivo.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_4481222,00.html

mighty_torontofc_2008
11-10-2008, 11:56 AM
No one really believed MO would sign this guy...it was wishful dreaming by some...it was never realistic.

Roogsy
11-10-2008, 11:57 AM
^ I agree with you Mighty!

I never really help hope for DeGuzman. His career has a higher trajectory than what MLS can offer right now.

Fort York Redcoat
11-10-2008, 11:59 AM
I want him here when he's hit his high point. He needs to stay in the biggest league he can for as long as he can.

SilverSamurai
11-10-2008, 12:09 PM
DeGuzman will come. He's said it. But at the end of his career pretty much. Even then he'll do well in the league I think.

Beach_Red
11-10-2008, 12:18 PM
^ I agree with you Mighty!

I never really help hope for DeGuzman. His career has a higher trajectory than what MLS can offer right now.

Right, but because he's not ready to play in the MLS. Not because of the particulat manager or the fact it's TFC.

Right?

arbogast
11-10-2008, 12:43 PM
Oh i agree I almost laughed my ass off when I first read that they were interested.

Stouffville_RPB
11-10-2008, 12:53 PM
Why wouldn't they be interested in DeGodzman? Doesn't mean it's gonna happen...not this year at least.

Ossington Mental Youth
11-10-2008, 01:15 PM
Delusions of grandeur to think he was coming here

arbogast
11-10-2008, 03:51 PM
Delusions of grandeur to think he was coming here

yeah at least at this point in his career anyways. I could maybe see him playing for on season at some point in his 30s.

Keegan
11-10-2008, 09:03 PM
DeGuzman will come. He's said it. But at the end of his career pretty much. Even then he'll do well in the league I think.

He'll do more than well. Carl Robinson does well here! lol and he was always a marginal player overseas.

De Guzman is UNREAL, he is one of the best midfielders in La Liga and whenever he comes he will still tear up MLS. Not for just one or two years either, TFC is his club he is going to stay a while.

Canary Canuck
11-11-2008, 12:21 AM
Refreshing to hear a player speak of such loyalty. Depor are having some financial problems and he'd command a good pay raise at a club like Spurs but it's most important to be happy. I'd just love to see him play for a major club before his time is up. It would be huge for Canadian soccer for a Canadian international to put on the shirt of a club like Real Madrid or Barca. Or even any of the big 4 in England.

SilverSamurai
11-11-2008, 12:31 AM
He'll do more than well. Carl Robinson does well here! lol and he was always a marginal player overseas.

De Guzman is UNREAL, he is one of the best midfielders in La Liga and whenever he comes he will still tear up MLS. Not for just one or two years either, TFC is his club he is going to stay a while.
He's a TFC fan. I think he was at the V's Cup Vs. Montreal w/ Hutchison and he was saying how he loved the atmosphere and would like to play for TFC. He's mentioned playing for TFC many times though.

Refreshing to hear a player speak of such loyalty. Depor are having some financial problems and he'd command a good pay raise at a club like Spurs but it's most important to be happy. I'd just love to see him play for a major club before his time is up. It would be huge for Canadian soccer for a Canadian international to put on the shirt of a club like Real Madrid or Barca. Or even any of the big 4 in England.
Their were rumours of Barcelona looking into JDG, but ended up being just rumours. If it were true, I'd buy that kit in a heartbeat! Still he is the 1st Canadian to play in La Liga so that alone says alot.