PDA

View Full Version : Hume in hospital for skull injury

TFC OZZ
11-10-2008, 09:36 AM
This can't be good...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/b/barnsley/7719713.stm

Barnsley striker Iain Hume is understood to have been moved to a high dependency unit in hospital after being treated for a fractured skull.
The Canadian was injured in Saturday's South Yorkshire derby against Sheffield United at Oakwell.
His condition deteriorated on Sunday and he was taken in for surgery.
The 25-year-old was hurt in a clash with Sheffield United skipper Chris Morgan as both challenged for a header in the first half.
Morgan, who started his career at Barnsley, was booked for the incident by referee Andy D'Urso.
The Blades went onto the game 2-1.

Heathen
11-10-2008, 09:37 AM
Barnsley striker Iain Hume is understood to have been moved to a high dependency unit in hospital after being treated for a fractured skull.
The Canadian was injured in Saturday's South Yorkshire derby against Sheffield United at Oakwell.
The 25-year-old was hurt in a clash with Sheffield United skipper Chris Morgan as both challenged for a header in the first half.
Morgan, who started his career at Barnsley, was booked for the incident by referee Andy D'Urso. The Blades went onto the game 2-1.

Get well soon Ian :canada:

Kenny/Boozemaster/Lenny/togetherness/Roc le Roc
11-10-2008, 09:41 AM
Yes that is very very shitty news.. Lets hope for the best and pray for his health first then hope he can play ball after ..

Ageroo
11-10-2008, 09:44 AM
Man...Hume is a beast...this isn't good news at all.....

MG42
11-10-2008, 09:45 AM
just heard it on a Fan590 update, doesn't sound good :(

David_Oliveira
11-10-2008, 09:46 AM
this is not good for the national team...on second thought fuck the national team. Doesn't look good for this guy.

James17930
11-10-2008, 10:16 AM
This sounds pretty bad, actually.

Hope he's ok.

TFC_Toon
11-10-2008, 12:28 PM
This can't be good...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/b/barnsley/7719713.stm

Morgan, who started his career at Barnsley, was booked for the incident by referee Andy D'Urso.
The Blades went onto the game 2-1.

This sounds quite serious, hopefully the lad will be fine.

Dirk Diggler
11-10-2008, 01:26 PM
This is terrible news .... I don't even care about the national team. I just hope he recovers fully for his own career's sake.

Toronto_Bhoy
11-10-2008, 01:39 PM
Sounds terrible…all the best to him…

Jack, can you please send something to Iain/Barnsley on behalf of the group?

Sonny Cheeba
11-10-2008, 01:42 PM
damn. i hope it's not as serious as it seems. he's still a young guy.

nascarguy
11-10-2008, 01:46 PM
I'm sorry to hear that i hope he gets better soon.

note: why is this post here this sould have been posted in the canadian soccer forum .

Derko
11-10-2008, 02:05 PM
What a horrible accident, hope all goes well.

flatpicker
11-10-2008, 02:13 PM
how bad did this incident look?
I haven't seen any video of it...

Cashcleaner
11-10-2008, 03:18 PM
Terrible news. Hopefully he can make a full recovery.

Cambridge_Red
11-10-2008, 03:23 PM
Barnsley consider leagal action.

http://www.football.virginmedia.com/page/Sport/Headlines/0,,12555~1450832,00.html

flatpicker
11-10-2008, 03:40 PM
here is a poor quality video link:

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=2lny9nl&s=4

RedRum
11-10-2008, 03:50 PM
here is a poor quality video link:

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=2lny9nl&s=4

That's just ugly, and it looks intentional. The guy only got a yellow for that? How Absurd.

Fort York Redcoat
11-10-2008, 03:52 PM
Iain Hume. One of our up and comers. I wish him a full recovery.

kshep
11-10-2008, 03:56 PM
Ugggh, that's an ugly elbow.. I don't see how that not considered assault with intent to injure.. just horrible.

canucker
11-10-2008, 04:23 PM
I was on a Barnsley fan site and everyone there is saying it was absolutely horrible and totally intentional. There's lots of posters pouring out support for Iain.

I think one thread has about 80 people wishing him a speedy recovery.
Apparently they are going to give it a couple of days and then print out all of the messages and send to the club for Iain to read when he's better. Classy move.

tfc_4_ever
11-10-2008, 04:52 PM
Wish him a full recovery (y)

ensco
11-10-2008, 05:05 PM
The guy deserves that nickname. Only a Canadian gets up and walks off the field after fracturing his skull!

Lucky Strike
11-10-2008, 05:13 PM
I follow Barnsley so I've known about this from Saturday... Best wishes to him and his family... And from a footballing perspective, I'm not too happy either... Barnsley will likely get relegated because of this.

NF-FC
11-10-2008, 05:22 PM
fuck his career, i just hope he recovers period. It doesn't sound good at all

Toronto_Bhoy
11-10-2008, 07:15 PM
Just saw it on SkySports…it was an elbow…not a clash of heads!!!

I'm sure other video will surface shortly but this was the best I could find…brutal!!!

Hope the boy is okay…

S6adTWYDoa4

Toronto_Bhoy
11-10-2008, 07:19 PM
Neil Warnock…"I think it looks worse than what it is…"???

The boy's got a fucking fractured skull ya idiot! Doesn't get much worse…does it?

Keegan
11-10-2008, 09:01 PM
Hume has to be one of the toughest players in the game. Damn anyone who has watched him knows that already though, takes down players feet taller than him. A real annoying player to play against.

Fucking walks off after cracking his skull? We have Hondurans who break a nail and take a stretcher.

Really makes you proud to be Canadian! Get well soon Iain! He will be back, hes too tough not to be and he wasn't knocked unconscious! HOW? Who knows.

How that isn't a red is unbelievable!

Lucky Strike
11-10-2008, 09:14 PM
Just saw it on SkySports…it was an elbow…not a clash of heads!!!

I'm sure other video will surface shortly but this was the best I could find…brutal!!!

Hope the boy is okay…

S6adTWYDoa4

Yeah, according to the match report I read at barnsleyfc.co.uk, the guy had been leading with the elbow all match long.

Brooker
11-11-2008, 01:39 AM
Hume on the back of a TFC jersey still gives me a hard-on. :D

BuSaPuNk
11-11-2008, 07:13 AM
I was looking for video of this last night. That is pretty bad elbow. Well all the best to Hume. Get well soon!

ilikemusic
11-11-2008, 08:21 PM
Its so frustrating how difficult it is to keep English football clips online.

Judging by that one grainy clip on here, throw the book at the asshole. Going in with your elbow up like that and smashing hard enough to fracture a skull is no accident.

God willing he has a speedy and full recovery.

Jamaicanadian
11-11-2008, 09:34 PM
Absolutely no need for that type of challenge. NONE!
Buddy could have killed him.
I hope Hume has a full recovery.
Buddy should be fined and sidelined at least as long as it takes Hume to recover.

Keegan
11-12-2008, 10:58 AM
Absolutely no need for that type of challenge. NONE!
Buddy could have killed him.
I hope Hume has a full recovery.
Buddy should be fined and sidelined at least as long as it takes Hume to recover.

He really could have killed him. internal bleeding and cracked skulls are no joke.

This was the bertuzzi challenge of football, should be suspended for the rest of the season AT least and even that wouldn't be good enough as all he has to deal with is missed games, while Hume may feel this for the rest of his life...

flatpicker
11-12-2008, 11:03 AM
still no good clear vids of the elbow... but here is an interview with Barnsley boss Simon Davey:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MTQb1yUsNhs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MTQb1yUsNhs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Mark in Ottawa
11-14-2008, 08:11 AM
It certainly did not look to be accidental. Dobson and Forest mentioned that the offending player has a history of dirty play when they showed the clip on Sportsnet.