PDA

View Full Version : Today’s News, Monday , Nov.10

denime
11-10-2008, 07:05 AM
Very slow lately,no TFC news for now.

You have to love it when a plan comes together. The York Lions built up their soccer program the right way and now they are national champs

By GARETH WHEELER

How to Build a Winner 101.
Now there's a course worth striking for.
York University is on strike, but it has reason to celebrate.
It has taken more than a decade, but York University's men's soccer team finished its climb back to the top of the CIS, winning the national championship with a 1-0 victory over the Trinity Western Spartans at Carleton University yesterday.
The Lions came close last year, finishing fourth at the Nationals; their first time back in the CIS championship since 1997.
Their second time was a charm, with an impressive and thorough display over the weekend, leaving little doubt as to which team was the creme de la creme of Canadian university soccer in 2008. ...

Read more (http://www.torontosun.com/sports/soccer/2008/11/10/7360011-sun.html)

http://i36.tinypic.com/34fidj8.jpg

SUNSHINE (http://www.torontosun.com/sunshinegirl/) :yum: :hump:

BuSaPuNk
11-10-2008, 07:10 AM
Morning D! Oh well looks like no championship for DeRo. Too bad. Not too much to ask that Real Salt Lake wins it all is it? Lol. God it's like picking your poision.

The Kingpin
11-10-2008, 07:22 AM
Morning D! Oh well looks like no championship for DeRo. Too bad. Not too much to ask that Real Salt Lake wins it all is it? Lol. God it's like picking your poision.

Maybe he'll come to Toronto now...*

*Not as a DP as that would be utterly ridiculous!

BuSaPuNk
11-10-2008, 07:27 AM
Maybe he'll come to Toronto now...*

*Not as a DP as that would be utterly ridiculous!

I completely agree. It would be nice for him to come here before he gets old and loses his form. I don't want MLSE to have TFC replace the leafs as the retirement home. :hump:

Stouffville_RPB
11-10-2008, 08:02 AM
sunshine is right

Roogsy
11-10-2008, 08:43 AM

I dunno why people were picking Houston to go all the way this year. They haven't looked all that strong this year at all. And with New England out...that puts and end to the "you don't need a DP" excuse around here. The first full year of a DP and we've seen the strongest two teams without a DP bow out in the first round. I think that helps the case of a DP.

I have Chicago to win it all in my pool.

Daveisonfire
11-10-2008, 09:02 AM
Ugh...Columbus, New York and Chicago with a chance to win it all. It couldn't possibly get any worse.

Com'on RSL I guess

stugautz
11-10-2008, 09:38 AM
30K in Houston is a good number...almost more than Columbus and Salt Lake combined! Although those teams did advance, so maybe that's what we're doing wrong.

David_Oliveira
11-10-2008, 09:44 AM
Congrats to York and its program. Could we pick up some of their players in the draft or does it have to be from the NCAA?

James17930
11-10-2008, 10:09 AM
Congrats to York and its program. Could we pick up some of their players in the draft or does it have to be from the NCAA?

But they're on strike again? Man -- they're never happy.

Technorgasm
11-10-2008, 01:01 PM
Ugh...Columbus, New York and Chicago with a chance to win it all. It couldn't possibly get any worse.

Com'on RSL I guess

THis is a nightmare. .

It reads like my MLS HATE list:

1. Chicago Fuck-wads
2. Columbus Crap
3. New York Pink Cows

COME ON RSL!!!!
YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Mojo
11-10-2008, 02:36 PM
11000 in Columbus for a PLAYOFF GAME?

Don't expand yet... just move this useless fucking team elsewhere.

tfcleeds
11-10-2008, 02:39 PM
Can't believe the Red Bulls are Shite have a chance at winning this thing...

C'mon RSL...what really else is there to say?

MFG1
11-10-2008, 03:09 PM
shes hotter than a stolen set of blow torches

jloome
11-10-2008, 03:39 PM
shes hotter than a stolen set of blow torches

And yet, when they ran the exact same girl about a month ago, but from an angle that more clearly showed her age, people here were increadibly insulting.

Perception is everything.

MFG1
11-10-2008, 10:14 PM
i dont think i complained then , its the little things ya know?

Keystone FC
11-11-2008, 04:52 AM
11000 in Columbus for a PLAYOFF GAME?

Don't expand yet... just move this useless fucking team elsewhere.

And on a Saturday night to boot. Can't wait to see the numbers for Thursday night's game.