PDA

View Full Version : MLS Playoffs update.

SoccMan
11-09-2008, 04:57 PM
It looks like there will be a new MLS Cup champion this year, for any of you who care. Houston is down 3-0 with about 8 minutes left at home in front of over 30,000 fans to the New York Red Bulls.

TFC 420
11-09-2008, 04:59 PM
My guess is the winner of the CHI/CLB semi will beat either NY or RSL in the final.

zeelaw
11-09-2008, 05:03 PM
My guess is the winner of the CHI/CLB semi will beat either NY or RSL in the final.
Yep, but man Dane Richards was awesome today. If he can play like that in the final hes unstoppable.

Redcoe15
11-09-2008, 05:17 PM
Ya think the suits at MLSHQ want to see a NY/Chi final and NOT a Clb/RSL one?

Nuvinho
11-09-2008, 05:22 PM
If the MLSHQ get a CHI/NYRB final, they can then promote how successful having a DP would be....haha!!

Beach_Red
11-09-2008, 06:56 PM
If the MLSHQ get a CHI/NYRB final, they can then promote how successful having a DP would be....haha!!

If it's a CHI/NYRB finalthat would be great. TFC beat both those teams down the stretch when they were apparently in 'playoff form,' so if we can get a couple more players and a steady roster for next year it really does look good.

And if teams with DP's are in the finals what it should prove is how the league needs a higher cap.

Should New England get a new coach?

kelzag
11-09-2008, 08:20 PM
I would think this is a huge embarrassment for Houston. Does this make a theoretical negotiation between Toronto and Houston for DeRo kick into a higher gear????

Beach_Red
11-09-2008, 08:41 PM
I would think this is a huge embarrassment for Houston. Does this make a theoretical negotiation between Toronto and Houston for DeRo kick into a higher gear????

Well, if you're Houston and you can't score a single goal at home in the playoffs and TFC is willing to give up something meaningful, then, yeah, you make the trade.

But what's the most TFC should give up?