PDA

View Full Version : TFC's Biggest surprise, biggest dissapointment so far

bhoybobby
05-21-2008, 11:04 PM
Biggest surprise, Velez & Smith, both look capable of holding a starting role.

Biggest dissapointment, Edu's struggling & RR while o.k seems to be an overhype

FluSH
05-21-2008, 11:32 PM
Biggest Surprise: How quickly the team has gelled together... with all of the new additions I never thought this was going to happen so suddenly.

Biggest Dissapointment: Where in the world is Julius James? We even have Two chants for the man who has Two names!

Roogsy
05-21-2008, 11:33 PM
Biggest surprise: OUR RECORD!

Biggest disappointment: Edu's invisibility

Keyman
05-21-2008, 11:34 PM
Biggest surprise: Greg Sutton, he really has surprised me with his play.

Biggest Disappointment: Maurice Edu, he has done next to nothing this year.

CretanBull
05-21-2008, 11:38 PM
Biggest surprise: Tyrone Marshall...he went from being "steady" to being a rock!

Biggest disappointment: where is our DP ?

Pachuco
05-21-2008, 11:41 PM
Biggest Surprise: Our crazy undefeated in 6 record right now

Biggest dissapointment: Not beating Columbus on the weekend, that game was ours. That says enough about how far we've come :)

Red CB Toronto
05-22-2008, 12:19 AM
Edu to me has been a disapointment, he just does not seem to be on the same page as his teammates, a step behind, a step too far, he has to make some adjustments.

A 4-2-2 record is great to see, some great performances so far have put the Reds in place to compete, Guevara, Robert and Ricketts along with Dichio and everyone else has made this an exciting season so far, lets hope it continues.

TFCREDNWHITE
05-22-2008, 12:21 AM
Scooby Edu ...Where are you??

Man, Edu has been really dissapointing so far this year!

On the Ricketts note, Please notice that he gets swarmed by 2 defenders everytime he has the ball!! It was like that for soooo many touches he had tonite!!!
At least he knows how to squeeze the ball out and create something to push downfield!! I like his skills.

etro
05-22-2008, 12:26 AM
Biggest surprise... Sutton. This guy is unstoppable. Whole bunch of clean sheets and the season is just getting started. He recovered from the injury and is playing the best football he's ever played.

Also, the record, unbeaten in 6... definitely a shocker. Carver is definitely the man for the team. These are the kind of coaches I love... running up and down the sidelines, constantly screaming, pure passion.

Disappointment - Ricketts. This guy was supposed to be the shit, but has failed to impress me thus far. I'm thinking we start Smith instead... he looked HUNGRY tonight. Maybe a little bench time will light a fire in Ricketts' ass to start preforming.

Other big disappointment... beer prices going up :(:(:(

Laurignano
05-22-2008, 12:27 AM
Biggest surprise : Carver!!! That guy has really impressed me, he has done a lot for this club. He has done more then I thought he would.

Biggest Disappointment : Edu has been pretty disappointing, BUT, with that said the biggest disappointment has been the fans. I am disappointed in our performance in the stands.

tfctillidie
05-22-2008, 12:28 AM
Biggest Surprise: 2 more wins and we tie our win total from last year

Biggest disappointment: Sutton needs to score some goals =P, just kidding..., anyways its Julius James not getting any playing time

ExiledRed
05-22-2008, 12:38 AM
Biggest surprise: defence.

biggest disappointment: offense.

Keystone FC
05-22-2008, 12:46 AM
Biggest surprise: TFC's Health!

Biggest disapointment: Forward offensive attacks

TFC Via Buffalo
05-22-2008, 12:54 AM
Biggest surprise: The difference between game one and games 3-8. The squad we put out in Columbus, as far as I saw, was a retread of last year. The team I've been seeing lately looks like a contender.

Biggest disappointment: Edu. I love the guy to death, but no wonder he's not playing against England. Tonight, he looked a lot better, but he's still got some improvements to make. I don't like making excuses, but I think this is just the typical "Sophomore Slump." Hopefully, it erodes quicker then the whole year.

trane
05-22-2008, 06:22 AM
Biggest surprise-How quickly supporters have turned on Dichio

Biggest disapoinment-How quickly fans have turned on Dichio

eb14mrc
05-22-2008, 08:16 AM
biggest surprise: undefeated at home

biggest disappointment: 1- having to go to the carlsberg tent to get Tetley
2- no Guinness; is this forever?

ensco
05-22-2008, 10:08 AM
I'm beginning to think that Edu's biggest problem is the 4 goals from last year

He got them because we we're so bad, he had to play forward, but it's not really a reflection of his offensive talent

When you see a Ballack or a Scholes (OK that's unfair but that was the other game yesterday), and you see what they can do, Edu's just not that guy

Maurice just can't create enough in front of the net in traffic

He's a sweeper, there's a reason why the USMNT have used him in central defense

He's also getting in the way of Ricketts and Robert too often

I said it 4 weeks ago, to be more effective, Maurice needs to simplify things, he needs to stop going forward

my two cents worth

ua-kozak_TFC
05-22-2008, 12:24 PM
i think you guys aer right but wrong... last year EDU did just as much... but he just blend into our shity play of the squad... Now he;s suckiness stands out...
Like ok HE's sooo soft with the passes...being inh a possision he is you can;t do that.. you have to pass confidently and not try to "show off" what he usually does...
It;s true what ensco says he should be more practical and less flashy.. because it seems that he doesn;t have enough skill to be flashy...
i perdonally never thouht he was as great as everyone portreyed him. The most overrated player on our squad...