PDA

View Full Version : Red Bulls Provide tickets for Traveling fans during Playoffs. MLSE, Take note.

TFC OZZ
11-08-2008, 05:00 PM
It says the Red Bulls are providing the tickets, I'm assuming that means they're paying for them... Would MLSE do the same for us in the playoffs? Courtesy of SBI:

Good afternoon folks. I'm coming to you from the Dallas/Ft. Worth Airport. No, I'm not working on the Kenny Cooper tell-all interview where he rips into Bob Bradley. I'm actually on a layover to Houston ahead of Sunday's Houston Dynamo-New York Red Bulls playoff game.

The most impressive scene I've seen in a while was that of five Red Bulls fans making the same flight down. About 25 Red Bulls fans are making the trip down for the match, with the Red Bulls providing tickets for those die-hard fans.

You have to give those fans credits for coming down considering the odds working against the club. The Red Bulls must beat a team that is 4-0 all-time in home playoff games, having outscored its opponents 11-1. There is also expected to be a big and boisterous crowd at Robertson Stadium for the Sunday afternoon match (3pm, Telefutura).

If Red Bulls fans want something to latch onto, they should consider the fact that the No. 1 seed in the Western Conference has lost in the playoff first round the past three seasons. Unfortunately for the Red Bulls, the Dynamo did not lose any of those three.

If you are a Houston resident, please feel free to offer up some tips on places to eat, places to visit and things to do. I was here in February for USA-Mexico and had a great time thanks to reader suggestions so any new suggestions are welcome.

I will be posting another portion of the most recent Q&A shortly, and plan on knocking out that Dave Van Den Bergh interview today so stay tuned for that. For now, feel free to share your thoughts on Sunday's Dynamo-Red Bulls match in the comments section below.

alexintoronto
11-08-2008, 05:13 PM
I'll pay for my own ticket. MLSE - you can pay the airfare :)

Ossington Mental Youth
11-08-2008, 05:18 PM
of course they wouldnt because there would be paying fans, where as nj has very few of those...

rocker
11-08-2008, 06:46 PM
they bought some tickets for 25 fans? big deal.

Brooker
11-09-2008, 02:21 AM
it's probably not even close to $1000 out of the redbulls pockets. probably 600 or 700

as rocker said... big deal.

TFC OZZ
11-09-2008, 02:32 AM
i didn't say it was a big deal, I'm just saying that if the owners are willing to make that kind of commitment to their fans, whether it be 1 or 1000 people, don't you think a team with the most traveling support in the league should at least be given some kind of financial assistance? Because I do.

Obviously with more fans the cos would be higher, and MLSE has no reason to try and ''boost away support", I was merely trying to show that maybe this is a trend that we may see more often in the league.

twistedchinaman
11-09-2008, 02:41 AM
BFD. The Red Craps have 25 supporters going...whoopee.

Keystone FC
11-09-2008, 03:26 AM
i didn't say it was a big deal, I'm just saying that if the owners are willing to make that kind of commitment to their fans, whether it be 1 or 1000 people, don't you think a team with the most traveling support in the league should at least be given some kind of financial assistance? Because I do.

Obviously with more fans the cos would be higher, and MLSE has no reason to try and ''boost away support", I was merely trying to show that maybe this is a trend that we may see more often in the league.

This is something I think we will see more of in the future. With the latest figures saying that attendance is down and we have had playoff games in NE where only 3,000 showed up and the Crew could only manage 11,000 for a Saturday playoff game (by the way they play the Fire on THURSDAY to see who goes to the final...can't wait to see those numbers)it would be prudent for clubs to start offering some sort of travel packages for the fans. I'm not saying that supporters should be left out of incentives but we are better organized than the average joe fan who may not have the sufficent funds for travel and lodging.