PDA

View Full Version : Supporters Performance - s DC united

jabbronies
05-21-2008, 11:01 PM
B-

112/113 was alot better tonight. Together, in unison, very well organized. It was definatly night and day compaed to last game.

110 was joining in on south end chants, which means we could actually understand what you were singing and was able to join in accordingly.

It was a drunken good time in 110 as well. lots of people chanting and screaming. Getting in on the action.

congrats all around..

Laurignano
05-21-2008, 11:03 PM
It was ok from what I could see.

BigLou
05-21-2008, 11:04 PM
I watched the QuickKicks highlights package on MLSNET.com and you can clearly hear some of the chants during the highlights.
BEST MASSIVE EVER

FluSH
05-21-2008, 11:10 PM
My thoughts from the tube:

** Dichio24 was not existant... I didn't hear it whatsoever... it got to the 27th minute and then I said "Oh shit... what happened to the Dichio Chant"

** It seemed like the tele mic was picking up the drum from 127 but some chants from the South End... it was a crazy mix of chants... I mean it sounded like the drums were beating to a chant that I've never heard before.

** The Chants that came off clear were: The Massive (first half only), Ole Ole, The Ultra chant (due to the mic), and a couple of "Oh when the reds" and "this is our house", and a Marvel Wynne chant from 127 Nothing strong though...

Also the few times that the TV showed 112 in the background... The 3 front rows were ALWAYS jumping! Nicely done.

P.S. Loved the Sutton Banner and the NO WAY banner!

Laurignano
05-21-2008, 11:17 PM
^ True, good points.

ilikemusic
05-21-2008, 11:20 PM
I was in 110 and thought the atmosphere was fuckin brilliant! Miles better than saturday.

It should rain every game. Nobody would ever sit down.

The organized songs may not have come together so well, but I dont think it detracted from the atmosphere at all.

Stencils
05-21-2008, 11:20 PM
Honestly, I felt tonight's match was better from an 'intelligent' fan point of view. At least in 115 where I was.

We weren't belting out chants/songs "just 'cause". We were picking up moments and songs because of play on the field.

Other songs were joined in after listening to what was going on. Sometimes there were misfires, but mostly it was in unison.

One thing that stands out for me was the post game celebration on the EAST SIDE GO train. Usually a quiet side, the East Side Train really felt pumped up this time. All the way back to Ajax station we were singing and chanting in the car. When the GO Train security guys passed through our car, they saw we weren't getting in people's faces maliciously and lets us continue without saying anything (when someone started a chant about not having a ticket, the security guy even smiled and covered his ears with a winking gesture, so big cheers to that guy).

After tonight's game I think the thing that's gonna help the unity MOST is educating people on WHEN to start a chant/song and WHAT type of chant/song to start at that time. FluSH's posts about that are REQUIRED READING.

SilverSamurai
05-21-2008, 11:24 PM
A lot better I think.
The national anthem sounded good since it was in unison. (Too bad people weren't in the stadium)
The cross pitch massive. Awesome! Room for improvement but it' was good for a 1st time.

Loved the "You're not Gretzky" chant about #99 on DCU.
Start of 2nd half was a but quiet, but things start to pick up again at around the 60-65th min.

Oh I was in 111 today. That's 2 TFC games this season for me! Double of last year!

Keyman
05-21-2008, 11:25 PM
It was pretty good tonight, I snuck into the south and yet again and had a blast. At points, there was no unison. However for the most part, it was real good. And as someone stated, it was smart chanting, not random chanting.

Also, after the game, when I got up on the garbage can and everyone was chanting... That was awesome!

Stencils
05-21-2008, 11:26 PM
The cross pitch massive. Awesome! Room for improvement but it' was good for a 1st time.

Shit! I almost forgot about this! TOTALLY awesome. If that's not unity, I don't know what is.

noochie
05-21-2008, 11:27 PM
121 is getting much better also, we have got a few going there now. The bastard/wanker referee chants are golden.

tfctillidie
05-21-2008, 11:30 PM
I watched the QuickKicks highlights package on MLSNET.com and you can clearly hear some of the chants during the highlights.
BEST MASSIVE EVER

can i have the link to this QuickKicks highlights?

Stencils
05-21-2008, 11:30 PM
One thing to mention...

If TFC is obviously offside, or we get called on a foul that is obvious...chanting at the referee is kinda...stupid.

This is where the football education stuff comes in. If every call the ref makes against us is default bad, we're not helping the team. We need to call attention to CRAP calls, not appropriate ones.

ThunderBaby
05-21-2008, 11:32 PM
Great chants tonight for sure! Getting better, but we still have a ways to go.
The GO train east tonight was rather quiet, but I must have been on the wrong car. Mostly people sleeping off the beers. Which was the singing and chanting car?

Stencils
05-21-2008, 11:38 PM
Great chants tonight for sure! Getting better, but we still need have a ways to go.
The GO train east tonight was rather quiet, but I must have been on the wrong car. Mostly people sleeping off the beers. Which was the singing and chanting car?

The wheelchair car. Before the train arrived, we were battling it out with the west side. Then, we kept going on the car.

Speaking of which, great match between west and east sides of the train station tonight. I've seen enough west side ass to last me untold lifetimes now. Funny as fuck.

FluSH
05-21-2008, 11:40 PM
Why does that always happen? I can't stand that West side vs East Side Go Transit shit... maybe I'm just too drunk and have no tolerance when it happens but I almost went over to the Westside one late night after the previous game to duke it out with 5 guys...

footyfan
05-21-2008, 11:40 PM
My thoughts from the tube:

** Dichio24 was not existant... I didn't hear it whatsoever... it got to the 27th minute and then I said "Oh shit... what happened to the Dichio Chant"

** It seemed like the tele mic was picking up the drum from 127 but some chants from the South End... it was a crazy mix of chants... I mean it sounded like the drums were beating to a chant that I've never heard before.

** The Chants that came off clear were: The Massive (first half only), Ole Ole, The Ultra chant (due to the mic), and a couple of "Oh when the reds" and "this is our house", and a Marvel Wynne chant from 127 Nothing strong though...

Also the few times that the TV showed 112 in the background... The 3 front rows were ALWAYS jumping! Nicely done.

P.S. Loved the Sutton Banner and the NO WAY banner!

You forgot the Amado Guevara song. That one stuck out clear to me on TV.

Sab0tage
05-21-2008, 11:42 PM
Why does that always happen? I can't stand that West side vs East Side Go Transit shit... maybe I'm just too drunk and have no tolerance when it happens but I almost went over to the Westside one late night after the previous game to duke it out with 5 guys...

Haha, are you talking about those guys by the wheelchair on ramp entrance area, one of them was wearing a Stoke shirt? I was near them, it was pretty funny. It happens every game which makes it funnier.

Stencils
05-21-2008, 11:42 PM

It actually didn't seem like 'that'. It felt more like when friends tease each other than fighting words. Everyone was laughing and clapping at good retorts and such. It seems worse when the east side doesn't respond.

Stencils
05-21-2008, 11:45 PM
You forgot the Amado Guevara song. That one stuck out clear to me on TV.

Which song was this? The ' 'e was a rev-olution-ary, now 'e plays for TFC' one?

ThunderBaby
05-21-2008, 11:50 PM
Damn, I was over by the wheelchair car before the train arrived and was enjoying the chants across the platform. I'm surprised you were able to keep it up though, last time the guy that does the announcements got all pissy that he couldn't be heard over the singing to make station announcements. It was good though, hearing the singing in the background over the PA.

One of the things I noticed tonight during the game, along with the chanting was that we were able to get the stomping and clapping at least for the most part together. Really added to the chants. :)

FluSH
05-21-2008, 11:51 PM
It actually didn't seem like 'that'. It felt more like when friends tease each other than fighting words. Everyone was laughing and clapping at good retorts and such. It seems worse when the east side doesn't respond.

Yeah I know... I guess I have a short fuse when drunk! =P

Keyman
05-21-2008, 11:53 PM
^^^
Especially around the drum coming home! :D

And FluSH man, I was lookin' for you tonight. I had to take over the after game capo duties...

Ageroo
05-21-2008, 11:54 PM
I felt that this was the best game so far for 115....everyone seemed really into it for the whole game.....maybe the weather kept away all the bandwagon jumpers....I was impressed!

ThunderBaby
05-21-2008, 11:58 PM
I felt that this was the best game so far for 115....everyone seemed really into it for the whole game.....maybe the weather kept away all the bandwagon jumpers....I was impressed!

Maybe that was it. There were quite a few empty seats tonight, those people that can't handle a little cold and rain, made it easier for the true supporters and fans to shine.:hurray:

etro
05-22-2008, 12:03 AM
True support tonight. Top class. Massive was fuckin sick I gotta say lol

TFCREDNWHITE
05-22-2008, 12:04 AM
121 is getting much better also, we have got a few going there now. The bastard/wanker referee chants are golden.

Yeah that was good, I was in 120..row 1 seat 8...It was good times and nobody sat!!! everyone was standing! it should rain more often!!

ExiledRed
05-22-2008, 01:09 AM
The Dichio 24 kind of got lost amid the evnts on the pitch, but that was OK because right after the goal, the stadium did the best 'Dichio' yet IMO.

We only did Oh Toronto once, and as a result we didnt sound bored singing it, it was maybe our best 'oh toronto' yet too.

Connie helped coordinate the 'We Love you' chant in 112 (we really need to figure out when we start again after the unnecessary song killing 'oooooooooooh' bit) and it was better.

(This song was better when we first sang it, and instead of the 'unnecessary song killing 'oooooooooooh' bit' we burst into 'and thats the way uh-huh Uh-huh I like it.)

All in all, I felt the crowd had something to prove tonight, and we proved it.

Good job.

Nodoubtguy
05-22-2008, 01:25 AM

Yeah, 115 was rocking tonight!!

Angelo1405
05-22-2008, 08:01 AM
http://web.mlsnet.com/media/player/mp_tpl.jsp?w=mms%3A//a1503.v115042.c11504.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/1503/11504/v0001/mlbmls.download.akamai.com/11504/2008/open/gp/05/052108_dcutor_gp_350.wmv&w_id=20532&catCode=mls_game_tv&type=v_free&_mp=1

^ highlight

FluSH
05-22-2008, 08:38 AM
Connie helped coordinate the 'We Love you' chant in 112 (we really need to figure out when we start again after the unnecessary song killing 'oooooooooooh' bit) and it was better.

(This song was better when we first sang it, and instead of the 'unnecessary song killing 'oooooooooooh' bit' we burst into 'and thats the way uh-huh Uh-huh I like it.)

Good job.

Well,

I am open to suggestions on 'We Love You' however if you watch the clip they pause and start over with the "weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" after the "that's the way I like it bit".

TicTacTabarnack
05-22-2008, 09:44 AM

I totally agree ... Last night was much better and the section started cheering in unison for most chants. We could also clearly hear the South East side very well last night and worked towards chanting in unison with them.

ExiledRed
05-22-2008, 10:10 AM
Well,

I am open to suggestions on 'We Love You' however if you watch the clip they pause and start over with the "weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" after the "that's the way I like it bit".

Nobody knows how to time it, it kills the song in it's tracks and kind of squelches it as it starts up again. You might not notice at the front, but what happens is a lot stop singing it after one cycle, and those that carry on for another cycle, wait for the oooooh bit to be over, miss the first two 'we love you's, start up on the third and keep at it while the front are onto 'forever we will follow'

it's a bit like this:

"Love you, we love you........oh....Follow, follow, follow,
cause we support Toronto, Toronto, Toronto'

times 3000

like I said, because I could see how connie was timing it this week, it was easier to get the mid section on the same page, but not everybody can see Connie during the game. Drop the 'ooooooh' and the song will flow better IMO

joelakeshore
05-22-2008, 11:15 AM
I have to congratulate my own performance last night, letting the two DC fans in 105 have it for the whole game- poor guys didn't look like they were having a good time, especially when I was shouting "you're shite" in their faces after Dichio's goal. Thanked them for coming out afterwards though. Anyone see any other DC fans?

Chevy
05-22-2008, 11:29 AM
A lot better I think.
The national anthem sounded good since it was in unison. (Too bad people weren't in the stadium)

Loved the "You're not Gretzky" chant about #99 on DCU.
Start of 2nd half was a but quiet, but things start to pick up again at around the 60-65th min.

Oh I was in 111 today. That's 2 TFC games this season for me! Double of last year!

I think the only reason why the anthem sounded good is because with so few people in the stadium you can actually hear the music. Typically the fans seem to get ahead of themselves - either that or find a friggin' faster recording.

Mrs. Workie
05-22-2008, 11:44 AM
Key to the successes of last night:

1) No wind- from the top of 112, I could pick up chants from the bottom (and there were a few people turning around and making sure to pass the chants back- thank you), and as far as 114, and 110
2) People were paying attention (for the most part).

The massive to the North End was amazing. I think we in the South End got a little anxious to keep it going, and didn't wait for the response to finish, but that's something that can be worked on.

FluSH
05-22-2008, 11:47 AM
Nobody knows how to time it, it kills the song in it's tracks and kind of squelches it as it starts up again. You might not notice at the front, but what happens is a lot stop singing it after one cycle, and those that carry on for another cycle, wait for the oooooh bit to be over, miss the first two 'we love you's, start up on the third and keep at it while the front are onto 'forever we will follow'

it's a bit like this:

times 3000

like I said, because I could see how connie was timing it this week, it was easier to get the mid section on the same page, but not everybody can see Connie during the game. Drop the 'ooooooh' and the song will flow better IMO

Ok,

Now I am a bit confused here... this is the chant:

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Love You
We Love you
We Love you
And where you go we Follow!
We Follow
We Follow
'Cause we support Toronto
Toronto
Toronto
and that's the way we like it
We Like It
We Like It
OOOOOOH OH OH OH OH.....
OOOOOOH OH OH OH OH.....
OOOOOOH OH OH OH OH.....
OOOOOOH OH OH OH OH.....

Which "oooh" are you talking about?

VPjr
05-22-2008, 11:49 AM
One of my co-workers attended his first TFC match last night. He was so impressed with you guys, especially the north-south massive. His exact words were "if they are that loud and cheer that hard in the rain, what are they like on a good weather day".

he's hooked on the TFC Experience now. I doubt I'll have any trouble moving extra tickets I might have in the future. I'm sure he'll want them.

ExiledRed
05-22-2008, 12:24 PM
Ok,

Now I am a bit confused here... this is the chant:

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Love You
We Love you
We Love you
And where you go we Follow!
We Follow
We Follow
'Cause we support Toronto
Toronto
Toronto
and that's the way we like it
We Like It
We Like It
OOOOOOH OH OH OH OH.....
OOOOOOH OH OH OH OH.....
OOOOOOH OH OH OH OH.....
OOOOOOH OH OH OH OH.....

Which "oooh" are you talking about?

The one that's supposed to be a 'weeeeeee' but usually ends up as an 'oooooh' as if someones about to take a corner or a free kick and everybody's hands are in the air. :)

Rawkus_420
05-22-2008, 01:23 PM
The Dichio 24 kind of got lost amid the evnts on the pitch, but that was OK because right after the goal, the stadium did the best 'Dichio' yet IMO.

We only did Oh Toronto once, and as a result we didnt sound bored singing it, it was maybe our best 'oh toronto' yet too.

Good job.

The we love you chant sounded much better. In my opinio , thats one fo the most important ones because fo the jumping and waving of scarves, it has the best audio and visual impacts. Personally , thats my favorite chant.

ExiledRed
05-22-2008, 01:49 PM
^^^ I love it too.

I just think the opening 'weeeeeeeee' kills the second cycle of the song, and causes it to get gradually weaker.

james
05-22-2008, 01:54 PM
I think the atmosphere as far as chanting together was better then most of are previous games this season, but ...........

There was a few times which got me kind of mad was when 112 and 111 would have a good chant going and then the guy with the mega phone in 113 looked at us and then started a new chant with 113,114,115. He knew we had a chant going and purposely just cut it off. Who cares what section you are in, we need to all sing together. If a chant is already going join in, if you dont like that chant then just dont sing till that chant is done!

james
05-22-2008, 01:56 PM
oh and i think people started mixing up the TOOOOO ooooo, chant with the la la la. Not sure what the names of the songs are.

ExiledRed
05-22-2008, 02:26 PM
james wrote:

I think the atmosphere as far as chanting together was better then most of are previous games this season, but ...........

There was a few times which got me kind of mad was when 112 and 111 would have a good chant going and then the guy with the mega phone in 113 looked at us and then started a new chant with 113,114,115. He knew we had a chant going and purposely just cut it off. Who cares what section you are in, we need to all sing together. If a chant is already going join in, if you dont like that chant then just dont sing till that chant is done!

Yep, it is annoying when a strong chant is running (in this instance it was Forza TO)
and you can hear a metallic voice bleating.

"OK everybody were going to sing x now" "Please everybody. were going to do x,"

Personally I thought the purpose of the megaphones and so called 'capos' was to help strong chants spread, not kill the ones they dont like when theyre going fine and 'force' something else.

the-lower-eastsider
05-22-2008, 02:30 PM
whatta fucckin match. i had a blast. best chanting yet IMO. i think we could use some rain more often. i think the rain kept the fairweather fans and the bandwagon jumpers out, and that made things alot better. that, and were just gettin better all around. heres some observations i made.
- the massive across the pitch between the s/e corner and the n/w corner (NEE) was awesome. that was historic and easily the highlight for me as far as chants go. why has it taken us so long to do this? this has to be done every match now.
-boris in 114 was doin an excellent job capo-ing in 114. it seemed to me that he was picking up the existing dominant chants coming out of the bunker and helping spread them further along. awesome. funny when he ran out of batteries temorarily too. lol.
- i could see connie and jack etc turned around leading chants all game at the bottom of 112. great job.
- the massive tonight was awesome between 111/110-112/113. loud as fuck.
- once again the noise comin out of 111-110 was deafening. u guys fuckin "go to eleven". hey, theres youre new slogan "we go to eleven". love it. keep up the good work.
- loved the gretzky song
- the go train platform chanting war tonight was awesome. and for once the eastside got the decision. great job boys.
craiger

AL-MO
05-22-2008, 02:32 PM
With the exception of the Ultras 114 sucked some serious ass last night....I am losing my patience very quickly...

AL-MO
05-22-2008, 02:35 PM
Oh yeah and too many chiefs and not enough Indians...

mikenfer
05-22-2008, 03:09 PM
Sadly, 220 was kinda lackluster last night (compared to the Red Bulls [are shite] game). We usually take our cue off of 112 but people weren't in a singing mood it seems to me. I missed the first 25 minutes (coaching my son's team) so maybe that's when they were the loudest. The nicest part was that are whole section was standing up for the entire game. Finally! It should rain more often.

Fort York Redcoat
05-22-2008, 03:18 PM
117 was slow to fill but we got some chants going...

JPMcLean
05-22-2008, 03:19 PM
WAtched it on the box, crowd came across as being right into the game and there was decent volume. Still dont understand why we are watching the DC feed of the game on the score, completely biased commentry from teh DC guys and one of the guys was incorrect half the time about what was going on on the field.

Shame that the east stand looked kinda empty thats all

RedRum
05-22-2008, 03:27 PM
Yeah last night was alright for sure. You are right FluSH, the first few rows of 112 were jumping alot, so much so that my drunk self must have elbowed JDG in the head at least 3 times (sorry bro!!)

Good to see some unison in the south end. u-sector and RPB did a good job picking up each others' chants, including the Ultra chant which alot of 112 got into.

The cross-pitch massive was wicked. For the love of fuck though to whoever was doing it, please don't be an ignorant ass and try to start a chant when the south end is straining to hear the NEE's massive chant lines. Damn that pissed me off when it was tried again in the second half. This is the one time we need complete silence from 110 to 114.

Good job after the game 125, sadly though it seemed like alot of people were drained at this point and it was kinda lame - not from lack of effort on your part though!

FluSH
05-22-2008, 05:21 PM
Good to see some unison in the south end. u-sector and RPB did a good job picking up each others' chants, including the Ultra chant which alot of 112 got into.

Can someone tell me the lyrics to this... believe me alot of us in 112 want to chant this but some of those lines are not coming accross well

mighty_torontofc_2008
05-22-2008, 05:41 PM
I totally agree ... Last night was much better and the section started cheering in unison for most chants. We could also clearly hear the South East side very well last night and worked towards chanting in unison with them.

the soccer moms and dads were absent for the most part which help get the chants going decently!!

Angelo1405
05-22-2008, 05:42 PM
Can someone tell me the lyrics to this... believe me alot of us in 112 want to chant this but some of those lines are not coming accross well

whos not jumping is no ultra

la la la la...

sorry im bad at describing this:hump:

Myopia
05-22-2008, 05:47 PM
Massive From 112/113 to 127/126 :)

126 was standing :O

Beer from 126 :(

Keyman
05-22-2008, 05:47 PM
Good job after the game 125, sadly though it seemed like alot of people were drained at this point and it was kinda lame - not from lack of effort on your part though!
It started off pretty well, but then it seemed to die off as more fans who didn't know the words joined in. We would be doing the "We love you" chant, and they would jump in and start singing Dichio, or TFC. It was funny to watch, and I guess they're singing, but it still screwed it up.

Anyways, I did my best. I basically had no voice at that point, but it was still awesome!
Looking forward to doing it all again next time!

ExiledRed
05-22-2008, 05:50 PM
whos not jumping is no ultra

la la la la...

sorry im bad at describing this:hump:

Actually last night was

"Who's not jumping, he's united"

so I jumped

I dont jump for the actual version, because well, Im no 'Ultra.'

SilverSamurai
05-22-2008, 06:03 PM
Yeah last night was alright for sure. You are right FluSH, the first few rows of 112 were jumping alot, so much so that my drunk self must have elbowed JDG in the head at least 3 times (sorry bro!!)

The cross-pitch massive was wicked. For the love of fuck though to whoever was doing it, please don't be an ignorant ass and try to start a chant when the south end is straining to hear the NEE's massive chant lines. Damn that pissed me off when it was tried again in the second half. This is the one time we need complete silence from 110 to 114.

I was in 111 and at 1st we didn't know what was going on. But hazy_venus and I tried to do what we could!
Regardless it was awesome!

Marc"2L"
05-22-2008, 06:11 PM
of course it was better...I was there.

But no seriously...

First game I went to was houston, in the rain, on a weekday with my ticket saying 112 finish 1 - nil for the good guys

Yesterday:
Weekday game, raining, ticket says 112...finish 1 - nil again...

So basicly I suggest that everybody do their up most to get me a ticket in 112 for every game...k thanks :D

AL-MO
05-22-2008, 06:23 PM

Who's not jumping, he's no ultra, hey! hey!

It then leads into T-O-R...O-N-T....

And as exiled said 'he's no ultra' was changed to 'he's united'

Bluenose13
05-22-2008, 06:37 PM
Yep, it is annoying when a strong chant is running (in this instance it was Forza TO)

Personally I thought the purpose of the megaphones and so called 'capos' was to help strong chants spread, not kill the ones they dont like when theyre going fine and 'force' something else.If he heard forza going he would not try & get something going over top of it on purpose.......I think this happened when we were trying to get the cross stadium massive going & it had been timed at 14 minutes so he was up against the gun.

Angelo1405
05-22-2008, 06:39 PM

thankyou. i messed what am i supposed to do ?:noidea:

how did the chant work out ?

Bluenose13
05-22-2008, 06:45 PM

it's a bit like this:

times 3000

like I said, because I could see how connie was timing it this week, it was easier to get the mid section on the same page, but not everybody can see Connie during the game. Drop the 'ooooooh' and the song will flow better IMOWe love you is timed better when Flush holds the weeeeee for a couple of seconds to get everyone back in time

Shit I heard people calling my name but when I looked back I couldn't tell who it was & then someone shouted "we love you" & I thought wow that was pretty nice :D.......30 seconds later the "we love you" song started, ooops pre game festivites were still kicking in :noidea: I will be more help next time.

james
05-22-2008, 07:12 PM

Personally I thought the purpose of the megaphones and so called 'capos' was to help strong chants spread, not kill the ones they dont like when theyre going fine and 'force' something else.

ya deffinitly agree. The mega phone is good when there is no chants going on, or at least no strong chant. But i remember at least twice 111 and 112 had a good loud strong chant going and the guy in 113 just came in and decided everyone to sing another chant. What he should of done is joined in and tryed to carry that chant further down to 113,114,115 and so on.

FluSH
05-22-2008, 07:58 PM

No No No No.... I mean the ULTRA chant done by Usec... the one that goes back and forth with Zac.

I can't stand the who's not jumping, he's no ultra, hey! hey!... It reminds me of soca music... "to the left, to the right, Hands up! Hands up!" If it had a melody like the ones they do in Latin America then I would be all over it. Below is the same WHo's not jumping chant done in Latin America...

Bad quality video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lE2Ze7U9Gzg&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q981IoQN8Pg

Bluenose13
05-22-2008, 08:47 PM
The Amado Guevara chant was amazing last night when he came to the southend to take the 2 corners.......You could clearly see a little smile on his face.

james
05-22-2008, 10:07 PM
The Amado Guevara chant was amazing last night when he came to the southend to take the 2 corners.......You could clearly see a little smile on his face.

i didnt notice, tho i was pretty drunk:lol: how did Guevera chant go?

nascarguy
05-22-2008, 10:45 PM
yes 112 and 113 were good but from there no one was much my whole sec was up for the whole game

Bluenose13
05-22-2008, 11:16 PM
i didnt notice, tho i was pretty drunk:lol: how did Guevera chant go?
Just his name sung to 7 nation army :D

Marc"2L"
05-23-2008, 12:16 AM
The noise really did ramp up when he went for the corner.

TheRenter
05-23-2008, 12:21 AM

I concur! :D

J .
05-23-2008, 12:30 AM
I think we improved over the Columbus game. I tried to follow peoples lips and the hand motions to get in time, I found it hard sometimes, but all in all I think it was one of our better performances.

-The cross stadium massive, was massive.
-114 guys did well, good passion from their core guys, they make that section
-top of 113 was doing quite well I thought, tough when you have to choose between 112 or 114 starts a chant or even 113 does, but I think we did a good job.
-Good times in the top of 113, down at the bottom 113 looked rocking
-Enjoy the tunnel and the East vs West train chants

-There is a HUGE dead zone mid 113 is seems, v. few people jumping or anything it appeared. Same with bottom of 110, parts of 114 were hit and miss.
-I wish we could get the whole south end united, I sometimes heard 115-119, but I am not sure if we sang the same stuff
-Don't care too much if there is intelligent chanting at this point, our problem is getting people synchronized and together, as we develop and grow we will become more inclined to more appropriate chanting which I believe is the next step in our growth.

Marc"2L"
05-23-2008, 12:41 AM
I think i realized for the first time last night the problem with noise levels sans roof.

If the argos plan includes a roof over the south end........I would consider at least talking to them about how badly I don't want them to play in our stadium.

King Tut
05-23-2008, 02:38 AM
The massive between 127 + 126 and 112-114 was fucking epic. Best thing as far as chants are concerned. We must do this every half of every game now. 14th minute and 59th minute. Southend asks, Northend responds. It's about time we step it up a notch and do across the pitch chants.

Barbarez
05-23-2008, 08:04 AM
No No No No.... I mean the ULTRA chant done by Usec... the one that goes back and forth with Zac.

I can't stand the who's not jumping, he's no ultra, hey! hey!... It reminds me of soca music... "to the left, to the right, Hands up! Hands up!" If it had a melody like the ones they do in Latin America then I would be all over it. Below is the same WHo's not jumping chant done in Latin America...

Bad quality video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lE2Ze7U9Gzg&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q981IoQN8Pg

ole ole oleoooo
we love you Toronto
oh yes we love you Toronto
OOO-Leee !
OooooO!
ULTRAS!
T.O!

then it goes in to
T.O.R.....

Shaughno
05-23-2008, 08:26 AM
^^ I hope people drop the bullshit surrounding this chant and just start joining in. It's a great chant that we could turn into a good back and forth with 111/110 if we work on it.

FluSH
05-23-2008, 08:27 AM
ole ole oleoooo
we love you Toronto
oh yes we love you Toronto
OOO-Leee !
OooooO!
ULTRAS!
T.O!

then it goes in to
T.O.R.....

That's the one!!!

Bluenose13
05-23-2008, 08:27 AM
^^ I hope people drop the bullshit surrounding this chant and just start joining in. It's a great chant that we could turn into a good back and forth with 111/110 if we work on it.
What is the bullshit with this chant :noidea: I must have missed that.

Barbarez
05-23-2008, 08:35 AM

People are frightened of the word Ultras.

FluSH
05-23-2008, 08:36 AM

A lot of people in 112 try to do this chant NOW. In the past, since the word ULTRA is in it... it was associated with being an Ultra... Kind of like us doing an RPB chant at BMO Field. But it's a good chant even if I am no Ultra.

Shaughno
05-23-2008, 08:36 AM
A lot of people wouldn't do this chant because a) It was Usector's chant and once people got past the RPB/Usec bullshit it was because of b) the usage of the word Ultra.

Fact is, it sounds amazing with a couple hundred people ripping it out.

FluSH
05-23-2008, 08:37 AM
People are frightened of the word Ultras.

I wouldn't say frightened... but you can't just be an Ultra because you say you are in a chant... correct?

FluSH
05-23-2008, 08:38 AM
A lot of people wouldn't do this chant because a) It was Usector's chant and once people got past the RPB/Usec bullshit it was because of b) the usage of the word Ultra.

Fact is, it sounds amazing with a couple hundred people ripping it out.

The Massive was a Usector chant.... and Dichio24 was an RPB chant. It has nothing to do with Usec/RPB...

Barbarez
05-23-2008, 08:39 AM
I wouldn't say frightened... but you can't just be an Ultra because you say you are in a chant... correct?

That's what we've been trying to say since the creation of this chant....

Shaughno
05-23-2008, 08:40 AM
The Massive was a Usector chant.... and Dichio24 was an RPB chant. It has nothing to do with Usec/RPB...

I beg to differ with some people that sit near our rows Flush, there was a lot of animosity towards that chant last season simply because of who was doing it.

Barbarez
05-23-2008, 08:41 AM
I beg to differ with some people that sit near our rows Flush, there was a lot of animosity towards that chant last season simply because of who was doing it.

I'd like to believe those season 1 U sec/RPB grudges are over with....

FluSH
05-23-2008, 08:41 AM

With which chant? The Massive??

Bluenose13
05-23-2008, 08:44 AM
I beg to differ with some people that sit near our rows Flush, there was a lot of animosity towards that chant last season simply because of who was doing it.Last year maybe, but we have come along way since then & I think Forza T.O & Oh Toronto which are both done more by the other group really proves that.

Bluenose13
05-23-2008, 08:46 AM
I'd like to believe those season 1 U sec/RPB grudges are over with....
There is no doubt that unity has never been better, hey RPB's were even jumping doing the Ultra chant :)

Shaughno
05-23-2008, 08:48 AM
With which chant? The Massive??

No Usector's Ole Ole Oleooooooo chant. Regardless, I'm glad to see things are much better this year and much less reluctancy to join into new chants. :D

Barbie, I'd like to believe it as well. Time will tell. ;)

TorontoBlades
05-23-2008, 08:52 AM
it's like Bloods v Crips....but on the internet :)

Shaughno
05-23-2008, 09:02 AM
Bring it Gangsta! :lol:

TorontoBlades
05-23-2008, 09:06 AM
Bring it Gangsta! :lol:

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/mrSprinklez/E-thug.jpg

Shaughno
05-23-2008, 09:57 AM
Oh you wanna play it like that huh?

http://nativeson.files.wordpress.com/2007/03/gangsta.jpg
:rofl:

TorontoBlades
05-23-2008, 10:01 AM
it's on.......

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/attachments/4-6l-talk/3695d1074514651-haha-funny-pic-e-thug.jpg

Shaughno
05-23-2008, 10:11 AM
Oh you want it... you got it!

http://home.midsouth.rr.com/peepee/ethug.jpg

KdotOdot
05-23-2008, 10:19 AM
LOL the Kid on the right looks like some sort of Irish mini thug.

on a side note

Not joining a chant because "another" group started it, is gayer than the day is long. I understand the whole "Us vs Them" supporter mentality, but in the stands it's all US.

After the game...shit...I don't like ya'll anyway who the fuck wants to hang with you squares.

TorontoBlades
05-23-2008, 10:32 AM
^ now back on topic...i could waste my whole friday this way...

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/MetalCarlos/thug_life.jpg

Angelo1405
05-23-2008, 10:36 AM
any videos or pics of the massive....

ilikemusic
05-23-2008, 12:52 PM
^ now back on topic...i could waste my whole friday this way...

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/MetalCarlos/thug_life.jpg

I hope to god that picture is real!

:smilielol5:

Shaughno
05-23-2008, 01:12 PM
Oh you wanna play like dat son?

http://sillydad.com/silly/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/wigger-15513.jpg

:lol: :rofl:

TorontoBlades
05-23-2008, 01:18 PM
oh no he didn't

http://www.hurriyetusa.com/haberler_foto4/alecko_eskandarian_01.jpg

Shaughno
05-23-2008, 02:23 PM
Damn... you got me there.

TOBOR !
05-24-2008, 09:37 AM
That fat guy's nipples look like they're sliding right off his body.

Anyway - not having read the entire thread this may have been posted already, but I'm ashamed to say that I saw Carl Robinson (I think it was) run by the west stands calling for the crowd to raise the noise. I was stunned. When do we need to be coaxed to start singing and chanting ? I'll tell you - on Wednesday. With occasional exception the west stand (I was in 220) was shit.

On a side note -a few times I sand 'Come on you Reds' solo, as loud as I could, and when I'd stop I could hear the opposite side picking it up (110 ?). In my tiny mind I convinced my self that you could hear me over there...

Anyway - 220 = graveyard. Oh, and an old guy asked me to sit down. I seem to attract these people.