PDA

View Full Version : Lalas can't accept his own failure

Roogsy
11-08-2008, 01:56 AM
Looks like he is lashing out...at the very players he paid to bring in.

No matter how hard he tries to deflect the blame...it comes back to hit him square in da noots. Becks, Donovan...all are products of Lalas' grand plans. He can't turn around now and start disassociating himself with the debacle that is the Galaxy.

And none of this is good for the league.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/76831

Lalas blasts Beckham, Donovan

Alexi Lalas, surfacing in public for the first time since being fired in August as the Galaxy's president and general manager, took a few shots of his own on Thursday night. Appearing as an ESPN co-host during coverage of the Chicago Fire's 3-0 playoff victory over the New England Revolution, Lalas said David Beckham's connections had shown "disrespect" to the Galaxy by not letting the club know in advance of their talks with AC Milan. He also said the Galaxy's main shortcoming in 2008 was a lack of leadership on the field, and questioned whether the rest of the world would share Major League Soccer's opinion of Landon Donovan's worth.

Ossington Mental Youth
11-08-2008, 05:07 AM
Not even remotely surprised, that guy has been a cunt forever. Blame his best players for his short comings. Lalas, noone believes you.

nascarguy
11-08-2008, 05:18 AM
with out leadership on & off the field they will keep on losing

pepher
11-08-2008, 07:04 AM
Golden Boot? yeah, he not valuable.

GBV
11-08-2008, 12:13 PM
Not even remotely surprised, that guy has been a cunt forever. Blame his best players for his short comings. Lalas, noone believes you.

i see none of this in this article. sounds candid and fair.

Ossington Mental Youth
11-08-2008, 12:23 PM
He also said the Galaxy's main shortcoming in 2008 was a lack of leadership on the field, and questioned whether the rest of the world would share Major League Soccer's opinion of Landon Donovan's worth.

I can understand the bit about Donovan, the americans holdhim in ridiculously high regard and dude has not proven himself overseas (granted when he was there he was quite young playing on a stacked team).

The lack of leadership on the field has in reference to Donovan and Beckham. They were the two most consistent players, as well as by far the teams best players, these are generally the players that take the leadership roles. Therefore one is prob safe in assuming that Lalas is pointing the finger at them.

Canary Canuck
11-08-2008, 12:37 PM
He is 100% right right on Donovan. It's in reference to his desired move overseas. Any of the dumbass US soccer fans on BigSoccer think he's worth at least $10 million (because Jozy went for $10 mil) to a club in the top half of La Liga or the premiership. They don't seem to understand that Euro clubs don't give a rats ass if a guy scores a ton of goals (half are penalties) against weak CONCACAF opposition. All they care about is how he crashed out of the Bundesliga and did nothing at the last World Cup. So Lalas is right. MLS is going to demand some insane transfer fee that any European club is just going to laugh at.

Roogsy
11-08-2008, 12:38 PM
No transfer fee because I believe Donovan is out of contract this year if I am not mistaken.

He could walk for free.

Strikers
11-08-2008, 12:45 PM
Lalas help ruin the dead bulls, and now the galaxy. The two biggest markets in the US. I don't blame Lalas he's an idiot. I blame the management of the Galaxy and
the dead bulls for hiring him.

All I can say is Lalas put the those teams together, he has no one to blame but himself.

Canary Canuck
11-08-2008, 01:00 PM
No transfer fee because I believe Donovan is out of contract this year if I am not mistaken.

He could walk for free.

He's still under contract next year

Roogsy
11-08-2008, 01:10 PM
Hmmm...he may wind up going then if someone steps up and pays. The Galaxy won't want to let him go next year for free.

Fort York Redcoat
11-08-2008, 01:13 PM
LA and Lalas were made for each other.

Lalas = Becks

SIZZLE (where's the steak?)

Landon is no leader. He's a goal scorer who needs to show it in a bigger league.

jabbronies
11-08-2008, 01:47 PM
Donavan is not a leader. He's a fuckin pansy who only cares for himself and his career.

As for Beckham. Well...Two things come to mind when I think about that situation.

- If you're an MLS player and you are not inspired enough to be able to play alongside him, then i don't know what the fuck will inspire you to play...aside from money.

- And on that note: As an MLS player making only 30K a year playing alongside a guy making 10Mil a year it can be hard at times to justify your worth on that team. I mean that team is David Beckham and 15 other guys. The Galaxy can win 3-0 against the top team in the league. But if Beckham isn't playing, the headline would be "Beckham-less galaxy pull off a win" or some shit like that. Kinda hard to get up everyday and play not for your name but for someone else's

TheRenter
11-08-2008, 02:08 PM
what a loser! as much as donovan is a gear box, he was golden boot winner, and becka's record speaks for itself

go fcuk urself alexia, you classless douche!

nascarguy
11-08-2008, 02:34 PM
The most loved Red Patch Boy of all time...
are you joking.....lol:out:

J .
11-08-2008, 06:35 PM
lalas in la la land.

theres 11 men on the pitch dumbass, not two.

SLBuu
11-10-2008, 10:30 AM
lalas in la la land.

theres 11 men on the pitch dumbass, not two.

LMAO!! Tell that to the Beckham fans!

Canary Canuck
11-13-2008, 11:02 PM
More crazy talk from Lalas in the pregame tonight. This was the money quote:

"Brian McBride is the best header of the ball in the history of the game"

That quote had me on the floor in pieces

twistedchinaman
11-14-2008, 12:48 AM
Lalas = douche.

Donodork = idiot.

Galacraps = oy vey!

LA Riot Squad = deserving of our sympathy.