PDA

View Full Version : Sutton among league leaders

jloome
05-21-2008, 10:56 PM
Don't know if it's updated on the MLS site yet or not but a shutout tonight will have improved Suttons' GAA into the top three in the league. Pretty good for a guy out for most of the last season.

Edit: Yep, it's updated :
http://web.mlsnet.com/stats/index.jsp

Red CB Toronto
05-21-2008, 11:30 PM
That is great too see, he sould get some serious consideration for the MLS All-Star team when they take on West Ham here in Toronto, would be great to see him there.

ExiledRed
05-22-2008, 12:34 AM
Greg Sutton has conceded 1 goal in 5 games.

awesome, he's doing so much better than he did last season (when he played) and he's made some incredible saves for us.

Most improved player, IMO.

Laurignano
05-22-2008, 12:39 AM
Hes doing amazing, hes our rock in net.

Cashcleaner
05-22-2008, 01:33 AM
I'm gonna be honest, I didn't think we'd see him back to form after his head injury last year. Sutton is looking superb at the moment, though let's also give a shout out to the D for making his job a bit easier.

Brooker
05-22-2008, 01:37 AM
theres only one greg sutton.

werewolf
05-22-2008, 01:38 AM
he has been playing fantastic, perhaps Lars should beware when it comes WCQ time.

brad
05-22-2008, 05:15 AM
He's been amazing, but you also have to give credit to the rest of the team for keeping the pressure off him.

ensco
05-22-2008, 10:23 AM
I hope (even though it hurts TFC) that Greg gets the honour of the Brazil game next week

he's earned it

TorontoBlades
05-22-2008, 10:28 AM
take out the DCU game where he was left out to dry on 4 goals....and it still could have been his best game with the saves he made....

5 goals against in 7 games....that's all-star

Don Julio
05-22-2008, 10:31 AM
It looks now like it's the defensive play of the team that's making Sutton's job easy, but a few weeks ago it was Sutton's play that allowed the defense to get confident enough to play this way. It's a two way street.

rocker
05-22-2008, 11:13 AM
and last year he really was the target of some fans' wrath when few people were willing to suggest the defense was contributing to a lot of the goals... so while I want to credit the defense this year, I also want to acknowledge that he wasn't at fault on a lot of the goals that TFC let in when he played last year.

bdrs
05-22-2008, 11:30 AM
I know last year he made me nervous. this year he is an effin rock!

13CP
05-22-2008, 11:42 AM
He improved from last year. Although I was nervous how he would play after recovering from his injury, I must say, Im really impressed. The defence has made his job much easier, but that should take away from how well he has been playing.

nimamalek
05-22-2008, 06:06 PM
Greg Sutton has conceded 1 goal in 5 games.

awesome, he's doing so much better than he did last season (when he played) and he's made some incredible saves for us.

Most improved player, IMO.

he was good last year too, he just had a shit team in front of him

rocker
05-22-2008, 06:17 PM

ya... I remember a Columbus game where on one single play, he saved the first two shots and the defense still didn't clear, and Columbus scored on the third. ugh!
I believe on that play Reda went towards a man that was already covered, then Wynne had to cover the guy Reda left, leaving the Columbus player open.

I mean, in the home opener and second games last year, TFC's defence had Canizalez (not in the league), Boyens (rookie), and Reda (not in the league)!!!!

giambac
05-22-2008, 06:31 PM
That is great too see, he sould get some serious consideration for the MLS All-Star team when they take on West Ham here in Toronto, would be great to see him there.

he deserves it and has earned an allstar appearance.
It would be great to see him starting especially here in TO.

ExiledRed
05-22-2008, 08:20 PM

The problem was we never got to see any match saving stuff, or even any saves that you'd regard as out of the ordinary, like we did from Reynolds for instance, and its not as if he didnt have opportunity to deliver in that respect, he was barraged for five straight games, and made a couple doozies without the 'shit team' btw.

This year he's determined to be the definitive TFC goalie and it shows, he's oozing confidence and he's making great, crucial saves. Good for him, definitely a worthy TFC regular in my book.