PDA

View Full Version : MLSDraft.net Interviews with O'Brian White and Daniel Revivo

Flashman
11-07-2008, 01:03 PM
Two Canadian lads available for the 2009 MLS SuperDraft

O'Brian White Interview http://www.mlsdraft.net/?q=node/88 :canada: (Well, Jamaican citizen, but Canadian residency)

Daniel Revivo Interview http://www.mlsdraft.net/?q=node/77 :canada: (Dual Canadian/US citizenship)

Flashman
11-07-2008, 01:05 PM
Also, WV Hooligan has a review of 10 possible MLS SuperDraft selections here:

http://wvhooligan.com/2008/11/05/early-superdraft-talk-10-to-watch/

Cambridge_Red
11-07-2008, 01:11 PM
Revivo seems alot keener to play here than White. We'll see though..

Red CB Toronto
11-07-2008, 03:12 PM
First off Where is the Superdraft this year? I wonder if counting as an international will be enough for the Sounders not to select White with Wake Forest forward Marcus Tracy on the board, from most reports I have seen they are considered the top two prospects and are both forwards so it should be interesting.

Here is a good on read on the top seniors for this years draft.

http://www.3rddegree.net/2008/02/ten-seniors-to-watch-for-the-2009-mls-superdraft/

CoachGT
11-07-2008, 03:58 PM
Superdraft is at the NSCAA conference, this year in St. Louis.

seankeay
11-07-2008, 04:17 PM
The Draft is really an interesting day, i would suggest that if you have the option to go, do it.

The NSCAA Conference is a hell of a time on its own, last year i caught a coaching session by Gerard Houllier the kids he was working with were Bradenton Academy kids. It was a very crazy 24 hour i spent on the road with deniz and a few other usector guys.

egoodwin
11-07-2008, 09:46 PM
what are our chances of taking White?

Big Bruva
11-08-2008, 06:46 PM
Revivo seems alot keener to play here than White. We'll see though..

I spoke to O'B about a month ago and he just wants to see all his options.

He likes the fact that his family and friends are here in T.O but you can't blame him for seeing what all his options are before getting everyones hopes up and telling people in interviews that he wants to come to TFC.

Ossington Mental Youth
11-09-2008, 05:46 AM
I spoke to O'B about a month ago and he just wants to see all his options.

He likes the fact that his family and friends are here in T.O but you can't blame him for seeing what all his options are before getting everyones hopes up and telling people in interviews that he wants to come to TFC.

totally makes sense as much as it hurts.
He spent maybe 5 years tops here in this country and then moved to the states.
Dudes got high ratings, possibly has his green card (or something close enoug) and Mo may see someone else with promise (oh how he better work out Mo). Ideally he signs with us, plays well and in the end doesnt look back but football, as much as we want it to be a dependable thing, just isnt that way. If we sign the man, let him never look back even for a second.

Ossington Mental Youth
11-09-2008, 05:47 AM
oh the drink has the best of me

J .
11-09-2008, 07:41 AM
I am not sold on White, he likely doesnt want to answer questions about playing for the CMNT...

Nuvinho
11-09-2008, 08:19 AM
I am wondering if White is going to fall in the draft, similiar to JJ. The reason being he isn't an GA (a senior right?) and an international. One of those sites above said he could go in round 2.

I am thinking that Mo has something up his sleeve than could get him Tracy (at 2), a GA player at 4, and White later on in the draft (either with the pick from Chicago or trade to get White with that pick plus more).

rocker
11-09-2008, 12:00 PM
i think he could easily fall.
if Mo has his sights on some other player, I could see him packaging something for Seattle's #1... but i don't see Seattle taking White.. and I don't see the third team, LA, picking White either. he may be gone by the third first-round pick that TFC has tho.

Ossington Mental Youth
11-09-2008, 12:05 PM
I am not sold on White, he likely doesnt want to answer questions about playing for the CMNT...

I wouldnt count on him playing for the CMNT, to be honest it doesnt matter to me either

Ossington Mental Youth
11-09-2008, 12:05 PM
I gotta say i think ill be a little disappointed if we dont make an attempt for him

ccopela
11-09-2008, 12:10 PM
I wouldnt count on him playing for the CMNT, to be honest it doesnt matter to me either

He can't play for Canada he's already played for the youth teams of Jamaica

Troll
11-10-2008, 01:09 AM
He can't play for Canada he's already played for the youth teams of Jamaica

You're not locked in until you play for the senior team. He could very well play for Canada if he wanted.

I'm pretty sure anyway...

seankeay
11-10-2008, 02:46 PM
Yea the international rules are hard to figure out, but i think if you played u20 with a nation, you have till a certain age to change your national team. And i think the window has passed for O'Brian

Also, from what i gather in talking to him in the past... hes fully commited to Jamacia and rightfully so

ccopela
11-10-2008, 09:59 PM
You're not locked in until you play for the senior team. He could very well play for Canada if he wanted.

I'm pretty sure anyway...

You can change before you turn 21 but he's older than that so his window has passed.

Big Bruva
11-11-2008, 10:35 AM
totally makes sense as much as it hurts.
He spent maybe 5 years tops here in this country and then moved to the states.
Dudes got high ratings, possibly has his green card (or something close enoug) and Mo may see someone else with promise (oh how he better work out Mo). Ideally he signs with us, plays well and in the end doesnt look back but football, as much as we want it to be a dependable thing, just isnt that way. If we sign the man, let him never look back even for a second.

Yeah he went over there and did well in the US.

I think he would be a very good player in the MLS.

Sullivan
11-15-2008, 08:35 PM
White is an 85; he's 23 in December and just starting a pro career???
He's no where near being MLS ready, especially as a striker. Julius James is a far better footballer than White, and look how he developed under JC & Mo!!! I've seen UConn 15+ times over the past four seasons.

I'm told White's stock has plummeted.
He missed the boat last year, should have went Gen A and secured the six figures for 2+ seasons. He's now a projected second round pick, and lucky if he gets $40k! Guys, he's just a decent NCAA player - not great, not one of the best, he had exceptional teammates.

It all means squat in the MLS.

Marcus Tracy is a better pick.

Our top picks will be applied to the Gen A list.

Our lower picks will snag the Cdns, who are no better than those that we currently have - Gaudet, Nana, Melo, Rosenlund - and they don't get played!!!

Mo should stay Gen A or package and trade picks for established MLS players.

Cashcleaner
11-15-2008, 09:05 PM
The Draft is really an interesting day, i would suggest that if you have the option to go, do it.

The NSCAA Conference is a hell of a time on its own, last year i caught a coaching session by Gerard Houllier the kids he was working with were Bradenton Academy kids. It was a very crazy 24 hour i spent on the road with deniz and a few other usector guys.

I really do want to make it out to the draft, it looks like a load of fun from the videos people have posted. St. Louis isn't too far away, so maybe 09 will be the year I can do it. On the outside looking in, White seems like a good fit for TFC, but I'll agree there hasn't been mush said about him since the initial details of the draft came out months ago.

Big Bruva
11-16-2008, 01:20 AM

O'B won't be playing for the CMNT, he is Jamaican and will end up being in their senior team at some point.