PDA

View Full Version : Robbo's latest: End of season fitness tests

Oldtimer
11-07-2008, 10:53 AM
End of season fitness tests and team bonding on ice.... by Carl Robinson

Carl Robinson

Published Date: 06 November 2008
AFTER our season had ended with a 2-0 defeat to San Jose we knew that we were going to be in for a few days after this as medicals and tests needed to be done.

Sometimes after a hard and long season this can become a hardship but they are very important for when you return at the start of next season. Firstly the MLS demand you have an exit medical, which is to show you were fit when leaving the club at the end of the season, and if you return with an injury then they will know that you got this from somewhere else and not during the course of the season.

http://www.countytimes.co.uk/columnists/End-of-season-fitness-tests.4669164.jp

canadian_bhoy
11-07-2008, 11:08 AM
Where is his "I also managed to win the Man of the Year award from one of our supporters groups. For Shame! Impeach Robbo!!!!

justin
11-07-2008, 11:22 AM
it really sounds like he wants to go home...

Kenny/Boozemaster/Lenny/togetherness/Roc le Roc
11-07-2008, 11:44 AM
The man is gone IMO

thats just me and a good source talking tho

sweetlemon69
11-07-2008, 05:19 PM
The man is gone IMO

thats just me and a good source talking tho

uh huh

Jack
11-07-2008, 05:25 PM
So he has kids that lives over there?

I thought they were here.

jloome
11-07-2008, 05:30 PM
Maybe they just flew over earlier. When you live overseas from your home country you get used to family members getting their ahead of you all the time, or a few days (or sometimes weeks) behind.

I don't see anyting in this suggesting he's going anywhere. Besides, he's under contract for another year and the club has basically said they're going to hold him to it, so unless he's the "sit out and pout" type -- which I have a hard time believing, given how much respect he has shown the fans throughout -- he'll be back next year.

Kickit09
11-07-2008, 06:26 PM
when did he get a second job?

Roogsy
11-07-2008, 06:27 PM
So he has kids that lives over there?

I thought they were here.

That's what I was wondering.

If his kids are in Wales...goodbye Robbo, thanks for the memories.

shaggingscot
11-08-2008, 07:08 AM
Depending on the ages of the kids I'd say he probably had them here during school holidays and then had them go back for the start of school???

TFCREDNWHITE
11-08-2008, 08:56 AM
Maybe they just flew over earlier. When you live overseas from your home country you get used to family members getting their ahead of you all the time, or a few days (or sometimes weeks) behind.

I don't see anyting in this suggesting he's going anywhere. Besides, he's under contract for another year and the club has basically said they're going to hold him to it, so unless he's the "sit out and pout" type -- which I have a hard time believing, given how much respect he has shown the fans throughout -- he'll be back next year.

I'm not so sure about that...

The whole tone of the article sounds like he wants outta here, seems like all he wants is to go back home....

Strikers
11-08-2008, 10:24 AM
Last year his family lived with him in the oakville area, but as some might remember at the beginning of this season his wife was pregnant and they decided that they wanted the child to be born in Wales. So his wife stayed there. That way seewould recieve the support she needs when a women gives birth.

This is how I see it, if his family comes across the pond for next season Robbo will
play for us. If his family does not want to come across, then I think he will not play.