PDA

View Full Version : Today’s News, Friday , Oct.31

denime
10-31-2008, 05:59 AM
Johnston has plans in place

Reds Director of Soccer has targets identified

Toronto FC Director of Soccer Mo Johnston has already identified the players he wants to bring to the club for next season, and is now working hard to make it happen. Johnston has worked closely with coach John Carver to plan personnel moves in the off-season. "We know what we want and what we are looking at," said Johnston. ...

read more (http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20081030&content_id=200433&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280)

SUNSHINE (http://www.torontosun.com/sunshinegirl/)

BuSaPuNk
10-31-2008, 06:25 AM
Morning D! Well now atleast we have something to look forward too. Hopefully they can open up there big pocket books. I wonder who the two they are looking at?

Fort York Redcoat
10-31-2008, 07:16 AM
Does anybody think our three draft picks will walk on and make the team that much better? One maybe but I'm more interested about the DP coming in. I like that Mo will own the draft but our team needs game breakers and kids seldom can carry a team. Cue Gooners fans...

Oldtimer
10-31-2008, 07:25 AM
SAN JOSE, Calif. - Two members of the San Jose Earthquakes are in the running for Major League Soccer year-end awards. Head coach Frank Yallop is a finalist for MLS Coach of the Year, while Darren Huckerby is a finalist for MLS Newcomer of the Year. The winners of the awards will be announced on November 11.

What could have been...

http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=3734331

Oldtimer
10-31-2008, 07:41 AM
"We know what we want and what we are looking at," said Johnston. "Hopefully we can get our targets secured by preseason because next season is going to be very important for us in terms of getting everyone together and keeping them together. We need stability."

Mo's never shown any concern to get in prospects early before! Maybe Carver has given him a basic 101 about team formation.

scooter
10-31-2008, 07:41 AM
mornin all
what could have been would have been if we had grass
this was confirmed again in person with huckerby in san jose last weekend
the one and only reason he did not come to toronto was the pitch
also from a good source---mr huckerby has not once practiced with his new
team in san jose on their turf practice field

bee dubya
10-31-2008, 12:43 PM
Does anybody think our three draft picks will walk on and make the team that much better? One maybe but I'm more interested about the DP coming in. I like that Mo will own the draft but our team needs game breakers and kids seldom can carry a team. Cue Gooners fans...

I don't think we'll end up taking all 3 picks. I'm thinking that Mo might try to persuade Seattle with 2 of our picks for the first pick overall.

The draft is dumb and needs to go. I want to see the MLS seriously change the rules on Academies starting next season. Academies will be how the league improves in the future.

bee dubya
10-31-2008, 12:53 PM
I thought this was interesting too. Out of the Globe.
"

Sportsnet will launch a Setanta game of the week at 7 p.m. tomorrow (Manchester United-Hull City). The telecast will be a weekly repeat of Setanta's best EPL game that day.
Toronto FC's poor season produced a mixed bag of TV audiences. The CBC averaged 85,000 viewers for 13 telecasts, down 35 per cent from last year's 130,000. Rogers Sportsnet averaged 49,300 for eight games, up 51 per cent. The Score's average for six telecasts was 35,000, up 28 per cent."

wzhxvy
10-31-2008, 01:07 PM
Why do I need to hear about the SSG's "Pal"...are you kidding me ? Why dont they put a pic of her boyfriend too so they totally ruin the moment for me...Who is running his operation ? :-)

deltox
10-31-2008, 01:37 PM
how many of the CBC games were tape delayed?

do those games include BOLD....which isnt given to everyone?

rocker
10-31-2008, 01:39 PM
they need to get Montreal and Vancouver in MLS and then the CBC ratings will get much better... at least when the Canadian teams play each other!

Blizzard
10-31-2008, 02:20 PM
they need to get Montreal and Vancouver in MLS and then the CBC ratings will get much better... at least when the Canadian teams play each other!

Those are the fixtures that CBC and Sportsnet will be battling tooth and nail over.

I'd even go so far as to suggest that the Canadian clubs be guaranteed two home and two away fixtures at the cost of less matches versus the American clubs.

Great for TV and great for rivalries! Ah well, dream on. Maybe someday!

Mark in Ottawa
10-31-2008, 02:32 PM
Toronto FC's poor season produced a mixed bag of TV audiences. The CBC averaged 85,000 viewers for 13 telecasts, down 35 per cent from last year's 130,000. Rogers Sportsnet averaged 49,300 for eight games, up 51 per cent. The Score's average for six telecasts was 35,000, up 28 per cent."

CBC played a lot of the games on CBC Bold which is a pay channel that doesn't have a lot going for it. Few waited for the tape delays on main CBC (at midnights no less) and watched the game via the net.

Canary Canuck
10-31-2008, 08:34 PM
I'm wondering if any of the usual home afternoon games will be moved to the new CBC sports channel when it becomes available. That would suck. I like it on the main network