PDA

View Full Version : Today’s News, Thursday , Oct.30

denime
10-30-2008, 06:05 AM
Carl Robinson named TFC player of the year

THE CANADIAN PRESS
Carl Robinson has been named Toronto FC's player of the year for the second season in a row.
The Welsh midfielder shared the award in 2007 with defender Jim Brennan in the MLS team's first campaign. Robinson started in all 27 Toronto FC games he played this season, missing the other three matches while on international duty. ...

Read more (http://www.thestar.com/Sports/article/526843)

Toronto prepares for busy offseason
Composition of roster expected to change before 2009

TORONTO -- "Run through the tape" was a common refrain heard on Tuesday at Toronto's Lamport Stadium, where Toronto FC's players gathered for their end-of-season fitness evaluations. One such evaluation, the timed sprint, was particularly spirited -- not just because the players were engaging in a bit of friendly competition to see who was the quickest, but also because the coaching staff were making sure that nobody was letting up before hitting the finish line. ...

Read more (http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20081029&content_id=200225&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280)

TFC announces 2008 team awards

Toronto FC announced their annual Team Award Winners for the 2008 Major League Soccer season. This year's winners - Carl Robinson, Chad Barrett, Marvell Wynne and Todd Dunivant were all recognized at a team function on Tuesday evening. In no particular order, this year's winners are:

read more (http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20081029&content_id=200134&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280)

Canada's Sinclair shortlisted for FIFA's top award

Canada's Christine Sinclair was among the 10 finalists announced Wednesday for FIFA's women's world player of the year award, while Chelsea players dominated the men's finalists.
Five players from the English Premier League club were among the 23 names on the short list for the prize.

read more (http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/story/2008/10/29/fifa-award-shortlist.html)

SUNSHINE (http://www.torontosun.com/sunshinegirl/)

BuSaPuNk
10-30-2008, 06:13 AM
Morning D! Good to see that Carver is so looking forward to next year already. Hopefully we can keep our roster more stable next year.

scooter
10-30-2008, 07:52 AM
mornin
great news from carver but man its going to be a long wait till next season
tks

Parkdale
10-30-2008, 08:38 AM
mornin' guys.

wow, busy news day.

Steve
10-30-2008, 08:39 AM
But... who won the sprint?

rocker
10-30-2008, 09:13 AM
no offense to the sunshine girl, but she's overdressed and the dead guy in the background doesn't help.

CoachGT
10-30-2008, 09:33 AM
I had an interesting discussion about DPs with Huckerby Tuesday night while waiting outside the arena for a San Jose Sharks game. When I get the chance, I'll post some of his comments.

rocker
10-30-2008, 10:08 AM
I had an interesting discussion about DPs with Huckerby Tuesday night while waiting outside the arena for a San Jose Sharks game. When I get the chance, I'll post some of his comments.

start up a new thread for it in the main section.. I'd like to hear the comments.

CenturySam
10-30-2008, 10:17 AM
But... who won the sprint?

has to be Wynne, and I'd put my money on Gala coming in second, with JoSmith a close third

johnmolinaro
10-30-2008, 11:43 AM
has to be Wynne, and I'd put my money on Gala coming in second, with JoSmith a close third

Barrett won the session (with the senior players) that I saw, but I didn't stick around for the session with the youth players.

rocker
10-30-2008, 11:55 AM
Barrett won the session (with the senior players) that I saw, but I didn't stick around for the session with the youth players.

Barrett beat Wynne in a footrace???!?!?! And Johan!??!?! or did you just not see that race....

TFCREDNWHITE
10-30-2008, 11:56 AM

Ahh come on, we gotta hear this!!!!

Sonny Cheeba
10-30-2008, 11:56 AM
no offense to the sunshine girl, but she's overdressed and the dead guy in the background doesn't help.

yeah what the hell??

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
10-30-2008, 12:05 PM

still waiting....:D

Mrs. Workie
10-30-2008, 12:34 PM

And how about she's not pretty at all???

Well done Robbo- well deserved

CoachGT
10-30-2008, 12:52 PM
still waiting....:D

Need more time than I can get while at work

Redcoe15
10-30-2008, 07:09 PM
And how about she's not pretty at all???
:confused:

I thought she was cute. I'd like to see more of her, if you know what I mean! ;) :D