PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed at the TFC additional seat thing!

TorontoFC_Matt
10-29-2008, 02:59 PM
You can move this thread wherever you like but I need to post it within a section regarding TFC.

So I was looking forward to adding an additional seat to my account closer to our sections but I unfortunately get this reply...

Hi Matt,
Unfortunately you can only hold 4 seats in your account, so you are not eligible at this time to purchase an additional seat.
We will be doing a single seat sale in December, and you may be able to purchase an additional seat at that time.
I will make a note in your account that you’re looking for a single seat and will most likely contact you in December.

Thanks Matt.

I guess I am upset because I was told that it would be no issue adding ONE MORE. So while I am left on the outside looking in, scalpers and others alike are probably gaining more access to the seats that we deserve.

Will it only get worse? probably haha!

Shaughno
10-29-2008, 03:02 PM
I'm just glad I finally got the friggin email. I was pissed all day that I hadn't gotten it. :lol:

Eastend
10-29-2008, 03:20 PM
maybe they are limiting to 4 seats per account to 'control' the scalped tickets a bit more.

TorontoFC_Matt
10-29-2008, 03:23 PM
maybe they are limiting to 4 seats per account to 'control' the scalped tickets a bit more.

Possibly. When I asked if we could switch my fathers tickets to his name I was told we couldn't because it is at the same address?

Either way it just bothers me when I am told one thing and then told another and the fact it is a single, I don't want a whole row haha!

Gobi
10-29-2008, 03:40 PM
I can purchase 2 more seats (dunno where yet), but I don't really need them nor can I afford them.
Maybe a desperate RPB wants to buy them from me upfront?
The email states that they can never be transfered to another name (which is pretty extreme, I think).
Hrmmmm...

Red Rat
10-29-2008, 03:40 PM
You can move this thread wherever you like but I need to post it within a section regarding TFC.

So I was looking forward to adding an additional seat to my account closer to our sections but I unfortunately get this reply...

Hi Matt,
Unfortunately you can only hold 4 seats in your account, so you are not eligible at this time to purchase an additional seat.
We will be doing a single seat sale in December, and you may be able to purchase an additional seat at that time.
I will make a note in your account that you’re looking for a single seat and will most likely contact you in December.

Thanks Matt.

I guess I am upset because I was told that it would be no issue adding ONE MORE. So while I am left on the outside looking in, scalpers and others alike are probably gaining more access to the seats that we deserve.

maybe they think that you are a scalper.

mlsintoronto
10-29-2008, 03:50 PM
I can purchase 2 more seats (dunno where yet), but I don't really need them nor can I afford them.
The email states that they can never be transfered to another name (which is pretty extreme, I think).
Hrmmmm...

Gobi - the never thing does feel extreme but it is a function of us trying to be completely transparent. As with a lot of things in life, we need to make these decisions about our policies for the lowest common denominator. We have no way of determining whether someone is purchasing extra seats for themselves or to hand off (or sell) a pair to a friend or for profit. So instead we have to come up with seemingly arbitrary limits (why 4? why not 3 or 6?) All we know for sure is that most people can only sit in one seat at a time!

At the same time, I think we can all agree that for the waiting list to be meaningful, we HAVE to see movement off it. If you or anyone was to purchase seats for a friend and transfer them...well that would make a farce of the waiting list and open the door for a grey market ticket transfers for profit. I know you well enough to know that you wouldn't do that, but I can't say the same for others.

Cambridge_Red
10-29-2008, 03:59 PM
There is a waiting list for a reason. Be happy with four tickets, I know I would be.

egoodwin
10-29-2008, 04:01 PM

Hi Matt,

Thanks Matt.

boo.
hoo.

how many people are upset that they can't even get one season seat? thousands?

Boris
10-29-2008, 04:03 PM
boo.
hoo.

yet another meaningful post..... good job

FluSH
10-29-2008, 04:04 PM
4 is a very unlucky number!

Can we switch it to 5?

Hitcho
10-29-2008, 04:06 PM
The waiting list needing to move point is spot on. People are worried about scalpers getting additional seats, but if you're on the list and no-one apart from existing season ticket holders is getting more seats, that's actually worse since at least the scalpers sell the tickets on to other people (and no, I do not agree with scalping in any way, but you see my point here). The waiting list needs to be seen as worthwhile, otherwise the fan base will utterly stagnate.

4 is as sensible a number as any other and will allow, for example, the average family to go to a game in one person's name, or for someone to bring a few mates along. Not many people could use six tickets every single week, in which case there would be empty seats or scalping going on. I think FO has got it right here.

Although, if they were to actively track down and cancel the tickets of known scalpers to sell on to the waiting list each season, that would be equally welcome (hint hint). You could even let them finish selling their season tickets for the season, then just refuse to renew them based on evidence of the same tickets being on e-bay each week (or whatever) for ludicrous sums.

Hitcho
10-29-2008, 04:11 PM
Although, if they were to actively track down and cancel the tickets of known scalpers to sell on to the waiting list each season, that would be equally welcome (hint hint). You could even let them finish selling their season tickets for the season, then just refuse to renew them based on evidence of the same tickets being on e-bay each week (or whatever) for ludicrous sums.

MLSINTORONTO / PAUL - what's the chance of this actually happening?

Cambridge_Red
10-29-2008, 04:12 PM
/\ Im pretty sure they'd have to be caught and prosecuted first, good policy though :)

redcard
10-29-2008, 04:26 PM
Hrmmmm...

so when i die i will not be able to transfer the tickets to my family/possible children that i may have fathered...wtf?

Nuvinho
10-29-2008, 04:37 PM
I am just glad they aren't taking away some of my tickets. The 1st year, I had 2 tickets. Then during last year's relocation I picked up 4 more for family and friends to go to games. I am over the limit, but even if they didn't have a limit, I don't think I would buy more, let others have a crack at them.

Roogsy
10-29-2008, 04:44 PM

Can we switch it to 5?

:rofl: You're not Chinese Flush!

yellowfellow
10-29-2008, 04:45 PM

Can we switch it to 5?

Yeah, totally. 4 means DEATH to asians.

rocker
10-29-2008, 04:46 PM
so when i die i will not be able to transfer the tickets to my family/possible children that i may have fathered...wtf?

when you're on your deathbed, tell those brats "GET ON THE WAITING LIST, YOU AIN'T GETTIN NOTHIN FROM ME!"

Gobi
10-29-2008, 04:49 PM
Gobi - the never thing does feel extreme but it is a function of us trying to be completely transparent.

I know you well enough to know that you wouldn't do that, but I can't say the same for others.

Thanks Paul. I fully understand that your efforts are intended for our benefit in this respect. You know how we feel about scalpers, etc.

My debate is whether to purchase additional seats so I can guarantee that they go to someone I personally know truly wants them and will appreciate them (and assume the subsequent responsibility), a move toward section-strengthening, or whether to let the Gold and Red lists fulfill their function, gambling on the buyers to be genuine supporters.
I just hope that if I bend the rules in this way (for good), others (scalpers, golf-clappers) won't do the same (for evil).

TorontoFC_Matt
10-29-2008, 04:58 PM
Well at least there were a few sensible replies to this thread so far. Before this causes a shit storm as always on this board I am getting it closed.

Gobi sees my point clearly and I know others probably do also! Thank you!

FluSH
10-30-2008, 08:00 AM
:rofl: You're not Chinese Flush!

HA!

The Mayans believed 4 was an unlucky number and they also regarded Jade as one of their most prize worthy jewells! :hump:

Ok maybe I'm making up the 4 stuff... but the jade fact is true LOL

TOBOR !
10-30-2008, 08:31 AM
yet another meaningful post..... good job

I agree with eGoodwin here. Boo hoo indeed.

Boris
10-31-2008, 08:24 AM
I agree with eGoodwin here. Boo hoo indeed.

threads closed...i dont see why you posted...:noidea:

Roogsy
10-31-2008, 08:25 AM
HA!

The Mayans believed 4 was an unlucky number and they also regarded Jade as one of their most prize worthy jewells! :hump:

Ok maybe I'm making up the 4 stuff... but the jade fact is true LOL

Really? Is there Jade in the Americas? I always thought it was specific to Asia.