PDA

View Full Version : Jersey Question

sloangraham
05-21-2008, 01:20 PM
I'm looking into buying a jersey (not a light expense at $100+) but need some RPB expertise. For the BMO jerseys, I've seen ones being worn at games with both felt, heat-pressed TFC badges as well as embroidered badges. I definitely want the embroidered version, but what's the difference--last year vs. this year, maybe? Which ones does the team store sell? Any help appreciated!

TFC Tifoso
05-21-2008, 01:26 PM
As far as I know, the ones with the embroidered patch is a replica, believe it or not......the felt badge is authentic. I don't know of any other differences between the two.

Flipityflu
05-21-2008, 01:29 PM
i didn't know there was a shirt with embroided patches. i thought they were stitched on by the owner.

sloangraham
05-21-2008, 01:30 PM
I know the replicas have the embroidered Adidas logo (which doesn't make sense, yes), but I think the TFC badge is still felt-pressed. I know I've seen an embroidered TFC patch version, though. The felt ones look like they start to peel at the edges after some time in the wash and just ain't worth that kind of cash.

TFC Tifoso
05-21-2008, 01:31 PM
i didn't know there was a shirt with embroided patches. i thought they were stitched on by the owner.

Yeah, that's what I meant. I was refering to the Adidas patch too.

sloangraham
05-21-2008, 01:33 PM
Hmm. Can you buy logo patches? Because even an embroidered patch stitched over the felt badge would look way better.

Flipityflu
05-21-2008, 01:41 PM
search on ebay

sloangraham
05-21-2008, 01:45 PM
search on ebay

et voila. thanks a lot!

TFCREDNWHITE
05-21-2008, 01:52 PM
Official Jersey's Just like they wear on the field---> BMO on the Front, Stiched Adidas Logo on the front, TFC Logo is Felt Iron Patch

Official Replica ---> Same as above except BOTH the adidas logo and the TFC Logo are Iron on Felt Patches.

Official Training Jersey ---> BMO on the front, Stiched Adidas Logo(front) TFC Logo is embroidered! and the big Adidas Logo is on the backside as well.

Thats pretty much about it...

sloangraham
05-21-2008, 02:16 PM
Official Jersey's Just like they wear on the field---> BMO on the Front, Stiched Adidas Logo on the front, TFC Logo is Felt Iron Patch

Official Replica ---> Same as above except BOTH the adidas logo and the TFC Logo are Iron on Felt Patches.

Official Training Jersey ---> BMO on the front, Stiched Adidas Logo(front) TFC Logo is embroidered! and the big Adidas Logo is on the backside as well.

Awesome, thanks! Too bad they haven't moved the embroidery up the chain, instead of leaving the cheapest jersey with the best quality features.

And isn't it the reverse in terms of the Adidas logo, with the felt on the official authentic and the embroidery on the official replica? The non-BMO ones I've seen all have a stitched Adidas logo, again highlighting the counterintuitive manufacturing decisions.

TFC Tifoso
05-21-2008, 02:17 PM
Boy, was I wrong :D

Flipityflu
05-21-2008, 02:26 PM
i'm willing to bet the new jerseys we will get next season are embroided.

sloangraham
05-21-2008, 02:29 PM
which will be perfect timing to replace your current one as the logos start to fall off! asshats.

Red CB Toronto
05-21-2008, 02:35 PM
The reason that the logos are felt on the official ones and not stitched is that when it got hot it rubs against your skin and can cause some discomfort.

sloangraham
05-21-2008, 03:00 PM
makes sense. thanks for pointing that out.

Cantstoptherock
05-21-2008, 03:08 PM
The reason that the logos are felt on the official ones and not stitched is that when it got hot it rubs against your skin and can cause some discomfort.

If Landycakes can tolerate it in the LA heat, I can take it. Give me embroidered!

AL-MO
05-21-2008, 03:47 PM

Indeed they are :)

Razcle
05-21-2008, 05:41 PM
There was also supposedly a difference in the jersey....The Authentic ones were Adidas "Formotion" with special breathable material around the dark grey stripes. The Replicas ones (if I remember from a previous post) are Adidas "Clima-cool" and the dark grey is not a special material its just a change in the colour of the fabric.

Someone else might know better though.

peskypetey
05-21-2008, 10:41 PM

Felt Adidas patch and felt TFC patch are the official ones not replicas...

TFCREDNWHITE
05-22-2008, 12:14 AM
Sorry, yeah i had that reversed around for some reason..