Kayed
10-28-2008, 03:16 PM
Depressing

tfc_4_ever
10-28-2008, 03:19 PM
Depressing:hump::(

canadian_bhoy
10-28-2008, 03:21 PM
That's not live - the press conference was at 2pm ET.

rocker
10-28-2008, 03:36 PM
the only depressing thing is when they finish last despite signing Freddie Ljundberg

TFCREDNWHITE
10-28-2008, 03:40 PM
the only depressing thing is when they finish last despite signing Freddie Ljundberg

Always gotta be a playa hata eh?! :rolleyes:

Beach_Red
10-28-2008, 03:52 PM

Last, come on, they're in the west, home of the Galaxy.

Ossington Mental Youth
10-28-2008, 03:57 PM
i dont really believe hes going to have the impact alot of people seem to think he will.
dude was paid off by westham to fuck off...
not to mention the injuries.
yes hes a good player but recently hes hardly been that

Beach_Red
10-28-2008, 04:05 PM
So how does this work, they gave him a two year contract, what if he gets injured and doesn't play, can they sign another DP, or is this it for two years?

Ossington Mental Youth
10-28-2008, 04:25 PM
thats it for two years.
look at reyna and nj

Canadian Blue
10-28-2008, 04:47 PM

Don't kid yourself, we will still be at the bottom of the table next year and most people on this site will still just be happy with the fact that we have a team........

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
10-28-2008, 05:00 PM
i dont really believe hes going to have the impact alot of people seem to think he will.
dude was paid off by westham to fuck off...
not to mention the injuries.
yes hes a good player but recently hes hardly been that

hucks had injuries also and was told to fuck off by his team also....not a bad pick up at all for SJ!!

PLaying in the PREM vs MLS is a world of differnce......No doubt Freddy will come in and make an impact..this is MLS people! a wicked player in his prime......will be a wicked player at 31 in MLS!...

17 000 SSH already....this DP is not for the attendance.....this pickup is to WIN ASAP....and that Seattle will do!...this is not like TFC coming into the league at scratch..this team has been around for years....Just as if MOntreal were to come into MLS...they would challenge right away

Toronto Gunner
10-28-2008, 06:20 PM
Freddy's still got what it takes, but he's definitely an injury risk. Look at his last two season's with Arsenal - his hamstring kept him out of regular first team appearances. I predict that Freddy will start of strong but get to Toronto where we still haven't installed a grass pitch, and either not play, or play the last game of his career - mark my words!

Oldtimer
10-29-2008, 10:09 PM
17 000 SSH already....this DP is not for the attendance.....this pickup is to WIN ASAP....and that Seattle will do!...this is not like TFC coming into the league at scratch..this team has been around for years....Just as if MOntreal were to come into MLS...they would challenge right away

This is likely true. Most USL teams have more depth than most MLS teams, but what they lack is a couple of really good players. To compete in MLS, they would have to add 4-5 top players. This signing will contribute to just that.

Jeffro
10-30-2008, 01:05 AM
Freddy's still got what it takes, but he's definitely an injury risk. Look at his last two season's with Arsenal - his hamstring kept him out of regular first team appearances. I predict that Freddy will start of strong but get to Toronto where we still haven't installed a grass pitch, and either not play, or play the last game of his career - mark my words!

Isn't Seattle playing on a plastic pitch as well?