PDA

View Full Version : CBC HDTV Production Trucks

bee dubya
10-28-2008, 08:56 AM
Thought some of you might find this information interesting. I find it interesting that CBC likely choose to rent out their HD trucks in the summer to recoup costs instead of using them for TFC games.

http://www.winnipegsun.com/News/Canada/2008/10/28/7225486-sun.html

Parkdale
10-28-2008, 10:46 AM
Thought some of you might find this information interesting. I find it interesting that CBC likely choose to rent out their HD trucks in the summer to recoup costs instead of using them for TFC games.

http://www.winnipegsun.com/News/Canada/2008/10/28/7225486-sun.html

makes sense to me. There was a TFC home game every two weeks (on average) though the summer. The tucks earn rent of about $20K per event, not including the associated costs of staffing etc. The CBC doesn't have an unlimited budget, and does on occasion, have to account for cash in and cash out.

besides, it would only apply to TFC games at home* and the best way to watch a home game is live at BMO.

*they aren't driving the trucks to Dallas, in what would be a 5+ day event

bee dubya
10-28-2008, 12:52 PM
Yup, it makes sense to me too. It's a good business decision by the CBC. I think that those of us who tend to surf on here and attend as many TFC games as we can get an inflated sense of what TFC and the MLS is to the average Canadian. We just aren't there yet. When the CBC and RSN start showing home games in HD, we'll know that the team has made some strides...

Mango Kid
10-28-2008, 01:23 PM
Here's an idea - fire Don Cherry and broadcast TFC in HD. Easy. Or at least, just fire Cherry.

Canary Canuck
10-28-2008, 04:24 PM
CBC won't even send Nigel and Jason to Montreal for CCL games... now that's cheap!

mednus
10-28-2008, 06:37 PM
The only thing that pisses me off about this is one game this year in particular.
Sat July 18th VS San Jose Earthquakes

Not Only was this game shown standard def on CBC
but the game was to be shown on HDNET Canada but CBC didn't allow it.

The HDNET crew shot the game for broadcast in the USA and CBC shot side by side in Standard Def instead of somehow negotiating to share the HDNet feed.

HDNet does a beautiful job of broadcasting the MLS games, I would recommend to anyone to watch.

Red CB Toronto
10-28-2008, 08:42 PM
Did Nigel and Jason call all the road games that CBC did this year from the Toronto studio?

nimamalek
10-29-2008, 06:09 PM
HD would just make the turf that much more noticable :)

mlsintoronto
10-29-2008, 07:23 PM
Here's an idea - fire Don Cherry and broadcast TFC in HD. Easy. Or at least, just fire Cherry.

couldn't they rent out Don Cherry in the summer?:canada:

nascarguy
10-29-2008, 08:15 PM
cbc sucks i say fire cbc and mlse make a tfctv. Nigel and Jason are putting me to sleep when i watch the game on cbc.

I would pay 15 to 30$ a season for tfctv then they could air Toronto FC TV Episodes on tv

egoodwin
10-29-2008, 08:21 PM
The only thing that pisses me off about this is one game this year in particular.
Sat July 18th VS San Jose Earthquakes

Not Only was this game shown standard def on CBC
but the game was to be shown on HDNET Canada but CBC didn't allow it.

The HDNET crew shot the game for broadcast in the USA and CBC shot side by side in Standard Def instead of somehow negotiating to share the HDNet feed.

HDNet does a beautiful job of broadcasting the MLS games, I would recommend to anyone to watch.
that pisses me off... especially since saturday was the day I installed our new HDTV...

ordered Bold to watch the game on, but what a waste that was

nascarguy
10-29-2008, 08:29 PM
i had a 28" hdtv but I only used it for video games