PDA

View Full Version : Pub nights? Winter football!!!

Super
10-28-2008, 03:08 AM
Ok, my dear friends. Season is officially over. :( So what are we going to do now?

Last year we did the pub nights at the Duke. It was the first pub night announced for TFC and it was great -- we shared it with the U-Sector lads and forged a friendship between our groups. Trust me, they are class individuals!! I was massively drunk and saw a lot of great football, so I was happy (okay, fair enough, I am always drunk) ;) . But ... What you say - you want to do another round of winter pub nights? Yes, no? I have ZERO loyalty towards place, so just fucking say where you want us to go... And we'll go ;)

We've got, what, 5-6 months of winter here before TFC is back in our schedule, so why not find a way to enjoy football and do it together? I know that last year I had the pleasure of enjoying the company of a lot of great football supporters every weekend and would love to repeat the experience!! As long as fucking Shaughno is on board!!

Give your thoughts please. Thanks!

sulfur
10-28-2008, 05:42 AM
Well, we've got a meeting this Saturday, and a party the next, but after that (the 15th?), I think that the suggestion was that we try out the Football Factory (just south of Bathurst and Queen) for a few weeks to see what it's like, and if that doesn't pan out... we find a new place to hang, until we find a suitable location.

As long as fucking Shaughno is on board!!
If that's what you and Shags want to do, that's fine by me... but I'm not so sure he's interested in that! :)

BuSaPuNk
10-28-2008, 05:57 AM
Place isn't a problem. Wouldn't mind coming out to see some games to pass the time until next season. Just say where and when!

Red CB Toronto
10-28-2008, 06:45 AM
Why would we not be at Shoeless Joe's during the off-season?

Fort York Redcoat
10-28-2008, 07:05 AM
Nights at the Duke. Mornings at the Factory. Hard work.

Mrs. Workie
10-28-2008, 07:32 AM
You mean I have to hang out with you losers in the off seasons to????

I was hoping to have a break....

Shaughno
10-28-2008, 07:46 AM
As usual the SSJ and Usector boys will be at the Duke of Gloucester every Saturday night after our footy games. Usually get some good chanting in, watch some footy/hockey, play some darts/pool and drink some mother fuckin beer! :lol:

Mrs. Workie
10-28-2008, 07:57 AM
As usual the SSJ and Usector boys will be at the Duke of Gloucester every Saturday night after our footy games.

Ahem....not all of us are "boys" :D

ACSertL
10-28-2008, 08:50 AM
I'd like to get in some footy if its going to be going down. Us fat guys need some running to do :)

Parkdale
10-28-2008, 08:55 AM
well the Football Factory has graciously invited us to spend as long on the couch as we like. Plus the TV's there are much nicer than the Duke, so for live (aka morning/early afternoon) games, it's the logical place. Plus they'll be open for the 7:00am matches too.

The Duke is a nice place for the evening, and it's fun to get a chance to hang with the U-Sec guys once in a while. Certainly, the pub nights last winter did wonders for the relation between both groups. I think a lot of the bullshit from the early days (from both sides) was cleaned away once we sat down and had a pint together.

so for me personally, I'd rather watch the matches during the day at the FF, and then if the mood strikes me, venture over to the Duke in the evening to continue things.

Parkdale
10-28-2008, 08:57 AM
oh... and Joe's isn't an option because they don't have Setanta, and are rarely open by 11:30 on weekends. It's not fair to ask to open the place up (wait staff, kitchen staff) if there's only going to be 5 dudes there with any regularity

Shaughno
10-28-2008, 09:02 AM
I'd like to get in some footy if its going to be going down. Us fat guys need some running to do :)

Unfortunately for you, these are league games. :lol:

Kevvv
10-28-2008, 09:02 AM
oh... and Joe's isn't an option because they don't have Setanta, and are rarely open by 11:30 on weekends. It's not fair to ask to open the place up (wait staff, kitchen staff) if there's only going to be 5 dudes there with any regularity

So you're regular again? Glad the pills worked.

(Oh, and I agree with everything else you said there.)

ACSertL
10-28-2008, 09:04 AM
Unfortunately for you, these are league games. :lol:

Yeah, I kinda figured...looks like is T.S. for me

...Tethered Swimming. :)

I actually had to drop out of my indoor team due to lack of funds...it was a sad day.

Mrs. Workie
10-28-2008, 09:07 AM
Certainly, the pub nights last winter did wonders for the relation between both groups. I think a lot of the bullshit from the early days (from both sides) was cleaned away once we sat down and had a pint together.

Funny isn't it. I was actaully having this conversation with Chris a while back, and we joked about how we'll tell our kids "The Winter at the Duke" is what brought these two groups together...

jabbronies
10-28-2008, 09:10 AM
I'm looking for a soccer team if anyone has space on a team... :D

alexintoronto
10-28-2008, 09:11 AM
When is that new strip club opening? We should go there.

SOUTH SIDE HUMPERS

Technorgasm
10-28-2008, 09:13 AM
I got my EPL spot all figured out. . . . BOHO in Ronces.

but evenings, with the RPB are ALWAYS fun.

IN.

Shaughno
10-28-2008, 09:14 AM

SOUTH SIDE HUMPERS

Keep that on the down low son, or you don't get in either! :lol:

Mrs. Workie
10-28-2008, 09:15 AM

SOUTH SIDE HUMPERS

Who told you about my Saturday Night job?!?! :mad:

canadian_bhoy
10-28-2008, 09:20 AM
The duke is decent.

I think at one point or another we should have a good night down at McVeigh's too. Bluenose you in? :D

nobodybeatsthewiz
10-28-2008, 09:23 AM
Ok, my dear friends. Season is officially over. :( So what are we going to do now?

Last year we did the pub nights at the Duke. It was the first pub night announced for TFC and it was great -- we shared it with the U-Sector lads and forged a friendship between our groups. Trust me, they are class individuals!! I was massively drunk and saw a lot of great football, so I was happy (okay, fair enough, I am always drunk) ;) . But ... What you say - you want to do another round of winter pub nights? Yes, no? I have ZERO loyalty towards place, so just fucking say where you want us to go... And we'll go ;)

We've got, what, 5-6 months of winter here before TFC is back in our schedule, so why not find a way to enjoy football and do it together? I know that last year I had the pleasure of enjoying the company of a lot of great football supporters every weekend and would love to repeat the experience!! As long as fucking Shaughno is on board!!

Give your thoughts please. Thanks!

keep me posted where you decide on, alex.

Jack
10-28-2008, 09:23 AM
I'm down with either place.

During the winter, I tend to hibernate.

Or both? Factory in the morning and Duke in the afternoon?

sulfur
10-28-2008, 10:32 AM
I think at one point or another we should have a good night down at McVeigh's too.
The three times I've been there, I've been quite rather disappointed. But maybe that's just me.

flatpicker
10-28-2008, 10:32 AM
I enjoyed those nights at the Duke, playing darts and mingling over pints of Guinness.
I would be up for more of that.
But I live in close proximity to that place... Joe's on the other hand... not so much...

Parkdale
10-28-2008, 10:37 AM
Or both? Factory in the morning and Duke in the afternoon?

I wouldn't be doing the Duke until the evening. It's a night place.

I just checked the Setanta schedule, and the last live game of the day
is usually no later than 4:00pm. This weekend.... it's MARSEILLES!!!!
There's a nice gap there for travel time, or dinner, or whatever.

Gobi
10-28-2008, 11:01 AM
Trying to save some money this off-season, so Koryo and I will be limiting our Duke nights to once or twice a month.
I had a fantastic time last year but it's all about moderation this time. (Well, Setanta at home with supplies from the LCBO to stay on budget - not necessarily "moderation".) :)

canadian_bhoy
10-28-2008, 11:04 AM
I still think we should have a once a month big pub night that we promote to all members of the group through an email (rather than just a stickied post).

Its great that the regulars will come out to the Duke, but it would be great to involve newer or less active members by getting them out to a larger event.

Maybe a return to the Elephant and Castle on King would be good one month.

Phil
10-28-2008, 11:07 AM
I like the Duke a lot and its 40 minutes less commute for me by TTC than other places (westerly situated).

Parkdale
10-28-2008, 11:12 AM
I like the Duke a lot and its 40 minutes less commute for me by TTC than other places (westerly situated).

west? The factory is more west than the Duke. Or are you east?

Barbarez
10-28-2008, 11:13 AM

hey man, nobody cares

thanks

fuck off

Smuttynose
10-28-2008, 11:14 AM
you mean all spring/summer i had to plan my weekeds around the team schedule, now in the winter i have to plan aroud the RPBs?? sheesh! :D :p

Parkdale
10-28-2008, 11:20 AM
hey man, nobody cares

thanks

fuck off

I care.

thanks,

backatcha.

KdotOdot
10-28-2008, 11:20 AM
I'm down for whatever. I drink hole is a drink hole. As long as I get a change to punch Parkdale square in the face.

Nodoubtguy
10-28-2008, 11:22 AM
Well since the FF is just a street car ride away from me......

TheHollister
10-28-2008, 11:23 AM
For winter, I'd prefer The Duke. It only takes half an hour to get to (most of the time) - not the hour+ it takes to get to Shoeless. Plus, once February hits, I'll be fond of the short stumble to the Subway. :D
And the FF would just be a pain in the ass to get to - literally. The Bathurst bus is the bumpiest one I've ever been on.

Me too! :D

ACSertL
10-28-2008, 11:24 AM

For winter, I'd prefer The Duke. It only takes half an hour to get to (most of the time) - not the hour+ it takes to get to Shoeless. Plus, once February hits, I'll be fond of the short stumble to the Subway. :D

Me too! :D

I too am looking for a team...3 down, 8 to go? :lol:

onemanbarmyarmy
10-28-2008, 11:26 AM
I got my EPL spot all figured out. . . . BOHO in Ronces.

IN.

Sounds good. I'm moving to the junction next month. Where's BOHO?

KdotOdot
10-28-2008, 11:28 AM

HAHHA I forgot we'll be neighbours. you're fucked son.

Parkdale
10-28-2008, 11:35 AM
I'm down for whatever. I drink hole is a drink hole. As long as I get a change to punch Parkdale square in the face.

come on now. save the hate for montreal

MrHawk
10-28-2008, 11:35 AM
Anywhere where there is booze

Parkdale
10-28-2008, 11:40 AM
Anywhere where there is booze

you probably want wi-fi too so you can still be posting in RCT while at the bar.

MrHawk
10-28-2008, 11:42 AM
Sure why not :)

Phil
10-28-2008, 11:47 AM
west? The factory is more west than the Duke. Or are you east?

I am east, so the more west, the longer the commute. Duke is a bus and subway away, anything further out is a streetcar too :(

Phil
10-28-2008, 11:49 AM
hey man, nobody cares

thanks

fuck off

Just pointing out some peoples concerns and using my situation as an example.

Thanks.

Mrs. Workie
10-28-2008, 11:50 AM
Barbarez just needs a hug, don't take it personally Rooney :D

Parkdale
10-28-2008, 11:51 AM
I am east, so the more west, the longer the commute. Duke is a bus and subway away, anything further out is a streetcar too :(

yeah. The one really strong point for the duke is that it's central.
too bad the TV's are all really damn old. Have they updated them?
(like actual HD signals, not just big LCDs playing standard def channels?)

TheHollister
10-28-2008, 11:54 AM
yeah. The one really strong point for the duke is that it's central.
too bad the TV's are all really damn old. Have they updated them?
(like actual HD signals, not just big LCDs playing standard def channels?)
The TV's work. That's all I need.

MrHawk
10-28-2008, 11:54 AM
Are any of the games though in HD?????

Parkdale
10-28-2008, 11:55 AM
Are any of the games though in HD?????

I don't know. I'm using rabbit ears at home. I just know that if they are in HD, the FF will be showing them that way.

MrHawk
10-28-2008, 11:57 AM
Sportsnet may show the "ODD" game in HD, but other than that unfortunately there's no real HD equivalent for footy unless it's on TSN.

The Score HD is just upconverted to my knowledge.

Parkdale
10-28-2008, 11:58 AM
^ well there's some. It's only a matter of time until more stations go HD.

Sonny Cheeba
10-28-2008, 12:00 PM
I too am looking for a team...3 down, 8 to go? :lol:

me too. that's 4.

TheHollister
10-28-2008, 12:01 PM
that's 4.
I feel like this is the Supporters Cup all over again... :lol:

canadian_bhoy
10-28-2008, 12:08 PM
I like the duke because despite it being dirty sh!thole it fits into a made up stereotype of what a 'real footy bar' is supposed to be like.

I really hope that we can sing some songs with fake accents this winter!

Blimey!
http://www.super-smileys.com/images/smileys/834.gif

Parkdale
10-28-2008, 12:10 PM
I really hope that we can sing some songs with fake accents this winter!

OI! OI! OI!

nobodybeatsthewiz
10-28-2008, 12:10 PM

the junction's awesome.....whereabouts?

boho is on roncesvalles just south of howard park

flatpicker
10-28-2008, 12:22 PM
hey man, nobody cares

thanks

fuck off

just imagine that Barbarez is the General here, and Darth Vader is all the RPB.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/psNyK2kOvzY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/psNyK2kOvzY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

;)

Mrs. Workie
10-28-2008, 12:23 PM
I like the duke because despite it being dirty sh!thole it fits into a made up stereotype of what a 'real footy bar' is supposed to be like.

I never went there because it was a "nice bar". I went there for the company.

I really hope that we can sing some songs with fake accents this winter! As long as we won't piss off the Karaoke guy again! Remember when he packed up and left because we were chanting!!!

Rudi
10-28-2008, 12:31 PM
As long as we won't piss off the Karaoke guy again! Remember when he packed up and left because we were chanting!!!
LOL what a dumb, pretentious fuckhole that guy was.

He had this attitude like everyone was there to see him rather than to sing drunkenly with their friends. That's probably why he scheduled himself for every fourth or fifth song even though there was never a shortage of people that wanted to go up to the mic.

Thankfully the new Karaoke guy isn't such an emo douche.

TheHollister
10-28-2008, 12:33 PM
Oh, crap, I forgot there was Karaoke at the Duke. I think I'll have to hide every time that comes out...

Mrs. Workie
10-28-2008, 12:34 PM
LOL what a dumb, pretentious fuckhole that guy was.

He had this attitude like everyone was there to see him rather than to sing drunkenly with their friends. That's probably why he scheduled himself for every fourth or fifth song even though there was never a shortage of people that wanted to go up to the mic.

Thankfully the new Karaoke guy isn't such an emo douche.

Speaking of Karaoke. You. Me. Draft Night. It's on :D

I've been practising :D

Nodoubtguy
10-28-2008, 12:34 PM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/psNyK2kOvzY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/psNyK2kOvzY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

;)

hahahaha, that made me laugh so hard.....

Smuttynose
10-28-2008, 12:36 PM
Speaking of Karaoke. You. Me. Draft Night. It's on :D

as long as you don't make me do spice girls!!! :D

Mrs. Workie
10-28-2008, 12:37 PM
No, no Spice Girls

Rudi and I have a duet planned :D

flatpicker
10-28-2008, 12:37 PM
as long as you don't make me do spice girls!!! :D

I'd pay money to see almost any woman do a spice girl!

Mrs. Workie
10-28-2008, 12:38 PM
You missed it last year?!

Then there was me and my sister doing the Supremes. That was fun.

Smuttynose
10-28-2008, 12:40 PM
You missed it last year?!

Then there was me and my sister doing the Supremes. That was fun.

and the pussycat dolls... :leaving:

flatpicker
10-28-2008, 12:41 PM
^ I'd pay money to see the Pussycat Dolls do the Spice Girls!!!!

Boris
10-28-2008, 12:41 PM
No, no Spice Girls

Rudi and I have a duet planned :D

whoa whoa whoa....juan and i do the best spice girls renditions!!!!!
You sure you want to miss out? YOU SURE?!!?!?!?

Mrs. Workie
10-28-2008, 12:42 PM
Oh you guys can do it, I've done my fill of Spice Girl Karaoke.

Smuttynose
10-28-2008, 12:42 PM
whoa whoa whoa....juan and i do the best spice girls renditions!!!!!
You sure you want to miss out? YOU SURE?!!?!?!?

hahaha, i might actually pay money to see that... or buy you a shot :p

Boris
10-28-2008, 12:43 PM
hahaha, i might actually pay money to see that... or buy you a shot :p

done and done!!!!!!!

Barbarez
10-28-2008, 12:54 PM

;)

FAIL

Z7S3O7XowJw&feature=related

flatpicker
10-28-2008, 12:59 PM
^ enough of your home movies Barbarez!

Rudi
10-28-2008, 01:02 PM
You. Me. Draft Night. It's on :D

Yeah, but what about the karaoke? :cool::D

TheHollister
10-28-2008, 01:03 PM
Sweet. You can all sing, and I'll take the videos. :D

Boris
10-28-2008, 01:04 PM

1 point rudi

Stouffville_RPB
10-28-2008, 01:06 PM
E&P would be amazing! I'd definately make the trek from Stouffville.:drinking:

I still think we should have a once a month big pub night that we promote to all members of the group through an email (rather than just a stickied post).

Its great that the regulars will come out to the Duke, but it would be great to involve newer or less active members by getting them out to a larger event.

Maybe a return to the Elephant and Castle on King would be good one month.

Mrs. Workie
10-28-2008, 01:26 PM

Oh shit, ya, I forgot about Karaoke.

I mean no, that's exactly what I was talking about!

Phil
10-28-2008, 02:22 PM
Barbarez just needs a hug, don't take it personally Rooney :D

I think that was my first official 'fuck off' from him. I just feel so special now... maybe not :D

onemanbarmyarmy
10-29-2008, 06:51 AM
the junction's awesome.....whereabouts?

boho is on roncesvalles just south of howard park

We just bought a house on Franklin St. East of Dundas West South of Dupont.

nobodybeatsthewiz
10-31-2008, 12:53 PM
We just bought a house on Franklin St. East of Dundas West South of Dupont.

good stuff, barmy!! kickass neighbourhood!