PDA

View Full Version : Security at Stade Saputo

Oldtimer
05-21-2008, 12:39 PM
Posted by socceronly on the U-Sector Board:

I was at the Saputo stadium opener on Monday.

Kudos to the Montreal Ultras, they are a small group but will grow and be a good supporters section.

They are pretty pigeon holed by the management.

1. They have a big ass net in front of them. That thing better not be there for Canada vs. St Vincent. They have to lose this net.

2. 15 year old kid threw one streamer that didn't even land on the field... pounced on by five security and thrown out.

Looks like we are at the opposite end of the stadium from the Ultras in the corner.

(1) Don't bring streamers to avoid trouble?
(2) Bring club packs of streamers?

ilikemusic
05-21-2008, 12:59 PM
Weak.

I was pretty disappointed by what I saw on TV saturday. Place seemed really quiet and it looks like the weather kept people away in droves.

And does anyone else get the impression Joey Saputo is kind of full of himself?

jayeden
05-21-2008, 01:16 PM
Posted by socceronly on the U-Sector Board:

(1) Don't bring streamers to avoid trouble?
(2) Bring club packs of streamers?

yessir

woolly
05-21-2008, 01:25 PM
Weak.
And does anyone else get the impression Joey Saputo is kind of full of himself?

He always has been. On the other hand, he has done much to be full of himself about...

RealG-TFC
05-21-2008, 05:47 PM
the net doesn't really matter. It's not like it obstructs views at all. but the streamer thing sound horrible!

Red CB Toronto
05-21-2008, 11:09 PM
I was not impressed by what a saw on TV Monday regarding the crowd, even with the rain there should have been more people there, heck it was the grand opening of the new stadium. Look at the crowd we had with the rain, I just hope they come out next week.

The Streamers will be interesting, we should see how they will react, they can not throw out an entire section.

Laurignano
05-21-2008, 11:11 PM
I think that once they have a MLS side and see how our fans are, they will def. try to match us and it will be quite an interesting time.

Cashcleaner
05-22-2008, 02:23 AM
Right now, things are looking a little subdued when it comes to the crowds at Stade Saputo. I'm hoping that our presence on Tuesday will light a fire under their asses. As I've said before, it's kinda sad that the most vocal proponents of a Montreal team in MLS are actually from Toronto.

The way I see it, our job is simple: Completely upstage the Impact fans in their own territory as we would any other competitor and hope that their resentment towards us motivates them to do the same in turn.