PDA

View Full Version : LA and SJ tied in points?

reggie
10-26-2008, 04:12 PM
what is the tie breaker?
re our draft postion....

SLBuu
10-26-2008, 04:17 PM
wondering the same

ACSertL
10-26-2008, 04:18 PM
I believe the first tie break is head to head.

camcamy
10-26-2008, 04:19 PM
i think la gets the second pick based on goal differential

camcamy
10-26-2008, 04:19 PM
no my bad it is head to head

camcamy
10-26-2008, 04:20 PM
"1) The highest position shall be awarded to the team with the better win/loss record in current regular season games against all other teams equal in points. (head-to-head competition)"

SLBuu
10-26-2008, 04:20 PM
so who's in last?

rocker
10-26-2008, 04:21 PM
SJ is last .. LA beat San Jose in two of their three matches.

LA won 2-0, 3-0, and then lost 3-2. since the tiebreaker is head to head, then LA gets slightly ahead.

camcamy
10-26-2008, 04:22 PM
2nd draft pick baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ossington Mental Youth
10-26-2008, 04:23 PM
yes yes yes yes yes
Sweet.
glad to hear it

Ossington Mental Youth
10-26-2008, 04:24 PM
Cmon Obrien White!!!

rocker
2nd draft pick baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks to.... LANDON DONOVAN!!! HAHAHAHA!

(his penalty evened up today's game at 2-2)..

reggie
great....anybody see the ncaa player rankings?

J .
10-26-2008, 04:26 PM
Good stuff, another player for us to sell to Europe.

Ossington Mental Youth
10-26-2008, 04:27 PM
Good stuff, another player for us to sell to Europe.

deal with it, this is the type of league we have

camcamy
10-26-2008, 04:33 PM
so we got the 2nd and 4th pick, should be a good draft considering mojo usually picks the right guy (even though james wasnt exceptional)

Roogsy
10-26-2008, 04:37 PM
Was anyone exceptional in last year's draft?

Nuvinho
10-26-2008, 04:55 PM
draft profiles:

http://www.mlsdraft.net/?q=node/8

But it all depends who will be Generation Adidas players, that normally complicates things. For example, last year James was considered the best defender in the draft and was projected 2nd overall, but b/c of the GAs, he fell to 9th.

O'Brian White and I think Marcus Tracy are the top 2 guys so far.

rocker
10-26-2008, 04:57 PM
Was anyone exceptional in last year's draft?

nope.

I just took a quick look at the first two rounds of last year's draft and most of the players drafted barely played!
NE had three picks in 2 rounds and the three guys played a total of 1 game.

The standout of the first two rounds was Ryan Franklin, the defender from LA. I hear good things about him but I can't honestly remember much about his play. He was the only guy from last year's draft to play regularly (26 games) although considering how shit LA's defence was I'm not sure if he was a key contributor to that, or the only bright spot.

The next most played around half a season, and not always as a starter.
Julius James was up there with the most games played for draft players.

Obviously a number of those top picks were considered prospects for the future, like Brek Shea, and never played.

I have no idea if White will just do what last year's draft class did, or if he's an exception and will make an impact right away. I would guess it's probably unlikely anyone would have an awesome impact right away.... and teams might be hesitant to even put a rookie in that position.

Nuvinho
10-26-2008, 05:07 PM
Does anyone know when the Generation Adidas players will be announced??

TheRenter
10-26-2008, 06:23 PM
quick question: if you were Mo, would you trade the #2 & #4 overall picks to seattle to guarantee the #1 spot and thus O'brian White?

peace

Roogsy
10-26-2008, 06:36 PM
Depends on what Seattle is likely to do. Expansion teams are hard to gauge. What happens first? Expansion draft or the college draft?

rocker
10-26-2008, 06:38 PM
expansion is first.. college is in january.

i guess Mojo has to gauge whether Seattle wants to select an international as a first pick.
second, it depends on the Generation Adidas guys. an expansion team would probably prefer to have a young stud American on GA.. that's what happened last year. White won't be GA since I believe this is his last school year right?
He might not be the best guy for an American team to pick #1.
Not to mention he'll be 23 soon.

TheRenter
10-26-2008, 06:52 PM
thanks, some good points made, guess we'll have to wait and see, and keep our fingers crossed

l8s

arsenal
10-26-2008, 07:04 PM
quick question: if you were Mo, would you trade the #2 & #4 overall picks to seattle to guarantee the #1 spot and thus O'brian White?

peace

Easy answer ... "No!". White is not having an impressive senior season and is likely at best the #2 offensive player coming into the draft behind Marcus Tracy of Wake Forest (who knows what comes out for Generation Adidas).

I do not see Seattle taking White first ... and if they do TFC would probably be more than happy with Tracy and whoever they can get with the #4. If TFC does not want the 3 first rounders ..... could see them maybe offer up the #4 and Chicago's 1st rounder for the #1 overall if they were targeting 2 players and since Mo seems to love the hype of the #1 overall pick. Probably would not be a bad deal for Seattle who are building a new franchise and could get 2 1st round talents that way.

TheRenter
10-26-2008, 07:17 PM
Easy answer ... "No!". White is not having an impressive senior season and is likely at best the #2 offensive player coming into the draft behind Marcus Tracy of Wake Forest (who knows what comes out for Generation Adidas).

I do not see Seattle taking White first ... and if they do TFC would probably be more than happy with Tracy and whoever they can get with the #4. If TFC does not want the 3 first rounders ..... could see them maybe offer up the #4 and Chicago's 1st rounder for the #1 overall if they were targeting 2 players and since Mo seems to love the hype of the #1 overall pick. Probably would not be a bad deal for Seattle who are building a new franchise and could get 2 1st round talents that way.

would that be the #7 overall pick?.....either way, i think that could work, and would definitely be more beneficial to our draft position

arsenal
10-26-2008, 08:14 PM
would that be the #7 overall pick?.....either way, i think that could work, and would definitely be more beneficial to our draft position

We won't know the pick until the playoffs are resolved but their pick should be 10 or higher. The draft order for playoff teams is determined first based on how they finish in the playoffs (MLS Cup winner will have pick #15, runner up #14, etc). For teams that go out in the same round, their point total will determine position.