PDA

View Full Version : Safe to say it looks like Ruiz is gone

Ossington Mental Youth
10-26-2008, 03:10 PM
after that little spaz last night.

Bobo
10-26-2008, 03:14 PM
Dude's a waste of bandwidth. Should have never dirtied the shirt.

Carter
10-26-2008, 03:15 PM
Thank GOD! BUH BYE.

Mrs. Workie
10-26-2008, 03:15 PM
Get this Cunt off our team. After last nights temper tantrum, I never EVER want to see him in TFC red again.

Sonny Cheeba
10-26-2008, 03:20 PM
i've been saying this shit since he got here.... then people jumped to the defense saying "but it's only been one game......" "or, it's only been two games"

yeah that was enough for me to realize he didn't give a fuck about the team.

i was so happy to see him come off.... and his little spazzy bitch move to knock over the water made me laugh my ass off. fuck him.

King Tut
10-26-2008, 03:31 PM
Fuck Carlos Ruiz! That Cunt's A Cancer And Will Only Hurt The Team Even More! Ship Him To San Jose!

reggie
10-26-2008, 03:35 PM
just another shit move by MO,getting rejects from other teams because he can't sign dick all....

Keegan
10-26-2008, 03:39 PM
I told everyone dumbest trade ever.

Ossington Mental Youth
10-26-2008, 03:41 PM
whatever i still stand by the fact that we lost nothing and it was worth the gamble.
regardless dudes gone.
ill be amazed if he signs with anyone in the MLS

Pigfynn
10-26-2008, 03:42 PM
like that little fuck had any reason to be mad last night! fuck the dog for 4o minutes then lash out out like a five year old when you get the yank.

fucktard! take my fucking team's shirt off ya piece of shit.

(...and breath :))

Canary Canuck
10-26-2008, 03:43 PM
His contract is up?

Ossington Mental Youth
10-26-2008, 03:54 PM
yep it is indeed

Canary Canuck
10-26-2008, 03:57 PM
His market value in MLS has gone straight down the tubes. He'll be back in the Guatemalan league next year

zeelaw
10-26-2008, 03:58 PM
I fuckin yelled at my tele when i saw that shit head throw the water bucket down..

Wat a douche-BAG

Ossington Mental Youth
10-26-2008, 03:59 PM
His market value in MLS has gone straight down the tubes. He'll be back in the Guatemalan league next year

Pretty much what i was thinking too

Torcida
10-26-2008, 04:03 PM
What happened? I stopped watching after SJ scored.

Parkdale
10-26-2008, 04:04 PM
Remember that old playing on his national team but not our team thread?

I wonder if it's worth pulling some of the comments out of there? naw, it's too obvious.

Parkdale
10-26-2008, 04:05 PM
What happened? I stopped watching after SJ scored.

when he got subbed out he was all pissy and pushed a gatorade jug off a table. Plus I think he was planning on just leaving for the dressing room but someone got him to sit down on the bench like a team player should do.

J .
10-26-2008, 04:11 PM
I think it was a worthwhile trade to test him out with Guevara to be honest. To be fair, Ruiz wasn't really getting service last night, but he was moving around lackadaisical.

A sub getting subbed is embarrassing.

Time for Ruiz to get out of MLS, he is still youngish and could do well in PDL maybe CSL....

King Tut
10-26-2008, 04:13 PM
he also kicked the back of the TFC bench, before proceeding to hop over and take a seat.

Brian Edwards was giving him the "wtf is wrong with this little bitch? what crawled up his ass?" look and rolled his eyes. I don't blame him. He certainly lost the little respect he had left from the fans and his team mates.

That bitch better be gone next year...He can fuck off to wherever, as long as he gets the fuck out of Toronto. He can also stick his "Guatemala's Best ever Player" crap up his fucking ass...He is way over the hill...

Chevy
10-26-2008, 04:29 PM
He's gone next year. The trade for him had basically zero downside so it was worth the gamble.

rocker
10-26-2008, 05:00 PM
that should free up some good cap room

Nuvinho
10-26-2008, 05:08 PM
Hope MLS can sell him to some team in South America before the end of this year, then we can get some allocation money....hahahaha!!!

wzhxvy
10-26-2008, 05:11 PM
I just do not get people who self destruct like that...even if he did not want to be here, why he didnt play with passion and show some skill is beyond me...hes obviously not very bright...

106-12
10-26-2008, 05:28 PM
Is he gone ? give a HELL YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA .

Cambridge_Red
10-26-2008, 05:36 PM
Yeah he's a douchebag.

Oldtimer
10-26-2008, 05:38 PM
WORST EVER player to ever wear the shirt.

Like someone pointed out on U-Sector's board, we essentially paid nothing for him and still lost in the deal.

King Tut
10-26-2008, 05:59 PM
Yeah he's a douchebag.

Douchebags (Mo Johnston) ALWAYS recruit douchbags (Ruiz, Cunningham, Eskandarian, Ronnie O'Brien, etc). That's the circle of life. ;)

Shakes McQueen
10-26-2008, 06:05 PM
whatever i still stand by the fact that we lost nothing and it was worth the gamble.
regardless dudes gone.

Same here. We had a chance of making Ruiz "the next Guevara" - that is, a good player, with a history of issues, looking for a fresh start.

Didn't work out, but it isn't like we are saddled with a contract or anything.

Ship him back to Guatemala on the first plane available.

- Scott

TheRenter
10-26-2008, 06:29 PM
good riddance!

ccopela
10-26-2008, 06:35 PM
Douchebags (Mo Johnston) ALWAYS recruit douchbags (Ruiz, Cunningham, Eskandarian, Ronnie O'Brien, etc). That's the circle of life. ;)

I don't really know why you're calling eskandarian a douchebag, or O'Brien for that matter.

Nodoubtguy
10-26-2008, 06:37 PM
NANANANA NANANANA Hey Hey Hey Goodbye....

rocker
10-26-2008, 06:37 PM
the funny thing is Ruiz wanted to play with his best ol' friend Guevara.. but it never looked like it.
those two never got anything going together.
i guess their chemistry is off the field!

FluSH
10-26-2008, 06:39 PM
Getta Fck Outta Here!

Beach_Red
10-26-2008, 06:44 PM
He's gone next year. The trade for him had basically zero downside so it was worth the gamble.

Unfortunately it was the kind of gamble an expansion team has to take. I hope next year we're past the point where we have to settle for 'projects,' guys no one else wants, so many don't work out.

It's part of the development process - especially with this crappy salary cap and such a small roster. And no transfer fees - imagine if we could use that Edu money to go after someone who's under contract instead of waiting for guys to get dropped by their teams? That would open up so many more players to go after.

Someday....

Parkdale
10-26-2008, 06:45 PM
the funny thing is Ruiz wanted to play with his best ol' friend Guevara.. but it never looked like it.
those two never got anything going together.
i guess their chemistry is off the field!

I was almost expecting Cunny to step up when Guevara started with us. Guevara can feed a fast player, and that's what cunny was waiting for - someone to do the thinking for him. A guy like Danny or Jarod was just too slow to be that good as a pair with Guevara. I really don't know what the hell was up with Ruiz, unless it was a favour or something?

side story:

I had a job at a Mary Brown's Fried Chicken shop when I was 16. My buddy got me the job and told me very seriously I put my neck out to get you this job. If you fuck up, it looks bad on both of us.. I wonder if Guevara and Ruiz ever had that talk?

TorCanSoc
10-26-2008, 07:04 PM
We had the same scare when Guevara was hole'd up in Honduras. Non-team player, tough to coach etc etc. Guevara has been an awesome, Ruiz has not. We took a chance, it didn't work. Wish him well, and tell him not to slam the door on the way out.

Blizzard
10-26-2008, 07:37 PM
regardless dudes gone.

Agreed on all counts. A couple of supplemental draft picks (which we didn't even untilize last year) are pretty much nothing.

We took a chance and it didn't work. If he'd shown even 10% of his past skills, we'd be in the play-offs right now.

jloome
10-27-2008, 12:00 AM

Fuck that dude, Eskandarian and Obrien aren't douchebags and don't have reps for it. Plus, aside from O'brien not wanting to play on turf, both played hard for us and Eskie didn't want to leave.

nascarguy
10-27-2008, 01:04 AM
Ruiz is not a bad player it is mls that is bad he needs to good play for a good team that knows how to use him

VPjr
10-27-2008, 03:43 AM
^ Ruiz is done....I couldn't believe that he actually found someone willing to take on his contract this year but LAG was desperate enough to hope and pray that his poor play the previous season and a half with Dallas was just a blip.

i honestly think his career in MLS ended the day that Houston player kicked him square in the chest last year. Taking an 8 game suspension must have been hard on the pocketbook but Ruiz had it coming for a long time. I bet you even some FC Dallas players quietly approved of it. i didn't see anyone really come to his rescue with too much intensity. He's a cancer and his best days are LONG GONE. Some players peak early and IMO, Ruiz is a perfect example of that.

BuSaPuNk
10-27-2008, 05:59 AM
Thank god the seasons over and Ruiz and get the fuck out. He is a cancer and after that little spat when being subbed just shows his lack of respect and character. I still agree with most of you it was a chance that we should have taken as it didn't really cost us anything. But he didn't get anything done when he played and quite frankly was invisible the whole time he was here. Hopefully the door hits his ass on the way out. We have no time for cry babys that care more about there playing time than the badge on your chest.

Shakes McQueen
10-27-2008, 06:17 AM

Of course, this conveniently ignores every NON-douchebag he's brought in, as well as the fact that Esky and O'Brien are NOT even douchebags to begin with.

So really - it's just Ruiz.

- Scott

mclaren
10-27-2008, 06:58 AM
How can someone who has scored consistently in the past just turn into a flop all of a sudden - very strange.

Mrs. Workie
10-27-2008, 07:00 AM
^^^ When you don't like your job, why put forth the effort?

I don't think Ruiz likes it here. Which doesn't hurt my feeling, I don't like him here either!

Canary Canuck
10-27-2008, 09:55 AM
Ruiz looks as if he's put on a good amount of weight in the past year or so. He was much trimmer when he was a top striker in the league. Maybe there were some pies left over after Samuel left.

Carts
10-27-2008, 10:16 AM
Ruiz is not a bad player it is mls that is bad he needs to good play for a good team that knows how to use him

That's the difference between a great player and a good player...

A good player can look like a million bucks surrounded by great players, but looks like 5-bucks surrounded by a not-so talented team...

A great player makes the players around him better...

Ruiz SUCKED for us... And his little hissy fit shows he has no class...

Suck it up, admit you played like a steaming pile of dog-sh*t and take your sub-off like a man...

Carts...

olegunnar
10-27-2008, 10:21 AM
Just another piece in Mo's infamous 5 year plan.

canadian_bhoy
10-27-2008, 10:31 AM
My favorite quote from the late great Scotland and Celtic manager Jock Stein is: The Celtic shirt does not shrink to fit inferior players.

I wish that attitude would be applied in Toronto.

Ruiz is one of the many black eyes on this season. Good riddence

Damien
10-27-2008, 10:33 AM
My theory is the MLS is simply better now that it was even 3-4 years ago... there's no room for lazy strikers who have a shred of talent.

mclaren
10-27-2008, 10:41 AM

I don't think Ruiz likes it here. Which doesn't hurt my feeling, I don't like him here either!

what, he doesn't like playing football or he doesn't like Toronto?

nascarguy
10-27-2008, 01:14 PM
mojo has in till the end jan to get us grass or sign a great DP or I start making mo must go banners

I know we are not getting grass so

nascarguy
10-27-2008, 01:19 PM
Fuck Carlos Ruiz! That Cunt's A Cancer And Will Only Hurt The Team Even More! Ship Him To San Jose!

no the mls is no good for players like him send him to Guatemalan league next year

nascarguy
10-27-2008, 01:31 PM
what, he doesn't like playing football or he doesn't like Toronto?
It's the mls this league I would be mad to if I was in la then dallas then back to la then to toronto

In his MLS career, Ruíz has scored 81 goals in 137 regular season matches and 15 postseason goals, holding the record for the most post-season goals in Major League Soccer history.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Ru%C3%ADz_(football)

Brooker
10-27-2008, 01:37 PM
Ruiz isn't gone. He can't be gone. He was never even here in the first place.

Mango Kid
10-27-2008, 01:57 PM
Subbing him after he was a sub is a beauty move on Carver's part, allowed the fucktard to be exposed. Hope he doesn't go away feeling he'll be missed.

TheRenter
10-27-2008, 01:59 PM
somebody mentioned earlier about welsh being miles ahead in the tfc player support department and i would have to agree; as i have never not supported a player, so callously, who wore our shirt, except for ruiz who in seeing him get subbed off after being subbed in...well, i was like,"fack you, that's what u get you piece of shite!" - thoroughly enjoyed it!

GingerNinja
10-27-2008, 02:07 PM
Anyone have video of him fighting with the gatorade jug?

nascarguy
10-27-2008, 02:13 PM
I tape the whole game

mighty_torontofc_2008
10-27-2008, 02:24 PM

Homer Simpson said it good in one show.......If you don't like you job
go in and do it half assed thats the american way? Guess Ruiz was a fan of the Simpsons!!!

nascarguy
10-27-2008, 05:46 PM
Anyone have video of him fighting with the gatorade jug?
i got the video
there was not much of a fight you guys are just making it out to be too much if I was Ruiz I would have told jc to fuck him seft and walk to the change rooms you never sub a sub. I do not give a fuck how bad the player is if he was so bad why did he get sub on in the 1st place

note to jc you better get us to the playoffs next year or you can fuck off with mojo

FluSH
10-27-2008, 05:49 PM
is he gone yet?

I_AM_CANADIAN
10-27-2008, 05:50 PM
He and Mo can take a hike.

TheRenter
10-27-2008, 06:43 PM
something tells me that those who have issue with mo and jc will be kissing both there hairy bean bags come next season....guess there's some who are never satisfied......by all means, join ruiz out of town

Beach_Red
10-27-2008, 07:20 PM
i got the video
there was not much of a fight you guys are just making it out to be too much if I was Ruiz I would have told jc to fuck him seft and walk to the change rooms you never sub a sub. I do not give a fuck how bad the player is if he was so bad why did he get sub on in the 1st place

And really, was Ruiz any worse than anyone else in that crappy game? This coach sure seems to pick his favourites...

Troll
10-27-2008, 08:11 PM
i got the video

note to jc you better get us to the playoffs next year or you can fuck off with mojo

Mr. Nascarguy, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

SoccMan
10-27-2008, 08:22 PM
Now if we can also get Mr. MOJO a plane ticket out of here to Scotland then it would make for a perfect ending to a rather sad season.

mighty_torontofc_2008
10-27-2008, 08:27 PM
i got the video

sorry there were games in the EPL where the sub got subed it happens.
Ruiz was doing nothing, mind you the rest of the team were doing just as bad but you cant sub 11 players so you take off the worst one. we missed Marvells speed staurday night, but it was not worse the risk to play him. It your demanding playoffs next season you may be disappointed too.

AL-MO
10-27-2008, 08:30 PM
sorry there were games in the EPL where the sub got subed it happens.
Ruiz was doing nothing, mind you the rest of the team were doing just as bad but you cant sub 11 players so you take off the worst one. we missed Marvells speed staurday night, but it was not worse the risk to play him. It your demanding playoffs next season you may be disappointed too.

And you will sit and lap it up won't you? By your account TFC might not make the playoffs in the next decade!

Its called having standards and expectations. I expect this team to make the playoffs next year, and if they don't heads should roll!

mighty_torontofc_2008
10-27-2008, 08:37 PM
And you will sit and lap it up won't you? By your account TFC might not make the playoffs in the next decade!

Its called having standards and expectations. I expect this team to make the playoffs next year, and if they don't heads should roll!

not the next decade but it might take another season or two. would you rather TFC gamble like the galaxy did one one player then go in the shitter? No lets build the team right, we almost have a decent squad 2-3 new faces should do it if TFC does not starting panic firinf like the local Hockey team does.

AL-MO
10-27-2008, 08:38 PM
not the next decade but it might take another season or two. would you rather TFC gamble like the galaxy did one one player then go in the shitter? No lets build the team right, we almost have a decent squad 2-3 new faces should do it if TFC does not starting panic firinf like the local Hockey team does.

As someone stated in another thread the Galaxy is a really bad comparison. Look at Chicago and what Blanco has done for them.

mighty_torontofc_2008
10-27-2008, 08:42 PM
As someone stated in another thread the Galaxy is a really bad comparison. Look at Chicago and what Blanco has done for them.

hmmm....lets see what they do with the Revs....can't see the Fire winning it. If the Fire win the MLS cup then yes it paid off...if not...??

AL-MO
10-27-2008, 08:44 PM
hmmm....lets see what they do with the Revs....can't see the Fire winning it. If the Fire win the MLS cup then yes it paid off...if not...??

Your stupidity is shocking. I am out for the night I can't take anymore of this.

Oldtimer
10-28-2008, 07:36 AM
i got the video

I can't believe that you would think that a coach can't sub a player, no matter how crappy he plays. JC was totally in his rights.

As a youth coach, I've subbed a sub much faster than JC did (turned out the player didn't sleep properly the night before -- he normally played well but was total crap that day).

I've seen it happen before in pro matches, too.

TFC Tifoso
10-28-2008, 07:47 AM

2-3 new faces can be done this offseason with the allocation oney and DP spot Mo has to work with....there is enough parity in this league that you don't need 5 years to compete...all this does is give Mo a couple of years for excuses....Mo's "5 year plan" is just 100% FDA Approved Grade-A bullshit.