PDA

View Full Version : */\*2008 TFC Awards*/\*

[NBF]
10-25-2008, 05:51 PM
Well I would like to post my version the TFC Awards based on the MLS Awards. If the moderators already have their own version coming up, this is just my point of view on who should win the "TFC awards".:canada:

MVP- Jim Brennan
Golden Boot- Danny Dichio
Rookie Of The Year- Rohan Ricketts
Defender Of The Year- Jim Brennan
Goalkeeper Of The Year- Greg Sutton :D
Canadian MVP- Jim Brennan

Best XI:

----------------Sutton--------------
Harmse---Marshall---Velez---Brennan
--------------Robinson--------------
Wynne----------------------Ricketts
--------------Guevara---------------
--------Dichio--------Barrett---------

*If TFC still had Laurent Robert, I would have put him in place of Ricketts, also Jarrod Smith would have been a good choice on the right wing, but I decided Kevin Harmse has played better than the rest of the other players and he deserves a spot on the Best XI instead of Julius James and Ja. Smith.

This is just my point of view, if you have other opinions please post I'm interested in knowing who you think should be included or excluded.:D

EDIT

it's not like we need them all at once.

You know what would be interesting? And all-time XI.
yes it's only two years, but that's long enough.
Certainly having Ronnie and Poz back would change things up.
Am I the only one who thought Poz was a good defender?

.....As requested.

TFC All-Time Best XI:

---------------Sutton---------------
Wynne---Marshall---Velez---Dunivant
------------------------------------
Ricketts---Edu---Robinson---Brennan
---------Dichio---Cunningham-------

Parkdale
10-25-2008, 05:54 PM
good post. the idea of a 'Best XI' is interesting

The Kingpin
10-25-2008, 05:56 PM
good post. the idea of a 'Best XI' is interesting

Is that because we barely have eleven players... ? ;)

ccopela
10-25-2008, 05:59 PM
My MVP/best defender is Marvell Wynne. A best 11 is hard because not all the players were here all year. It's hard to put a player like Freeman or Jo Smith into the best 11 especially when they weren't here all year.

mighty_torontofc_2008
10-25-2008, 06:19 PM
MVP: Marvell Wynne

Golden Boot: Danny Dichio

Rookie: Ibby

Defender: Marvell Wynne

Goalkeper: Greg Sutton

Canadian MVP: Greg Sutton

Parkdale
10-25-2008, 06:27 PM
Is that because we barely have eleven players... ? ;)

sulfur
10-25-2008, 06:28 PM
MVP: Either Robbo, Ricketts, or Sutton. I can make a good case for each.

Rookie: Ricketts

Best Dev Player on the first team: Ibby

Defender: Tyrone Marshall. He's made his mistakes this year, but has been very consistent, and likely our best defender.

GK: Duh. Sutton. With Edwards a close second. :D

Canadian MVP: Likely Sutton. He's kept us in more games than not. Brennan plays every game hard, and turned down the CMNT, but Sutton's been there night in, night out.

sulfur
10-25-2008, 06:31 PM
Poz was awesome, not matter where he was on the field. Being thrown into a different position each week is tough, but he did well. Of course... I do wear the Poz each week... although, I think that I'm retiring it now. Gotta find another good player to appreciate.

Oldtimer
10-25-2008, 06:35 PM
Poz was awesome, not matter where he was on the field. Being thrown into a different position each week is tough, but he did well. Of course... I do wear the Poz each week... although, I think that I'm retiring it now. Gotta find another good player to appreciate.

I miss Poz.:( The "Swiss Army Knife" of Canadian players.

Parkdale
10-25-2008, 06:44 PM
I miss Poz.:( The "Swiss Army Knife" of Canadian players.

you're saying he had a corkscrew? That's something I'd rather not know.

GuelphStorm2007
10-25-2008, 07:33 PM
My MVP WOULD BE Marvell Wynne.
Top Rookie. Ricketts
Best Dev player on the first team. IBBY.

Cashcleaner
10-25-2008, 07:34 PM

Not at all! I don't know if I mentioned it before, but Brennan was gutted when SJ snatched him up. I think he was a very capable utility player, but we had to leave him unprotected for the Earthquake's expansion draft, so we took the risk and lost.

Ibrahim definitely gets Dev. Player of the Year.

Red CB Toronto
10-25-2008, 08:00 PM
The thing when making your choice is how you define a rookie. Is it fair to compare a player with extensive playing experience overseas like Rohan Ricketts to say Julius James who is actually playing his first season of pro.

I do think Jimmy B is a good choice for MVP but there could be an argument for Robo.

Dunkers
10-25-2008, 08:12 PM
I think that Ricket would qualify as a Newcomer of the Year, seeing as he has played professionally before, and Ibby would be rookie of the year as he has never played pro before.

loconet
10-25-2008, 10:09 PM
;241557']......

.....As requested.

TFC All-Time Best XI:

---------------Sutton---------------
Wynne---Marshall---Velez---Dunivant
Ricketts---Edu---Robinson---Brennan
---------Dichio---Cunningham-------

What!?!?!? .. *blink* *blink* ...

TOBOR !
10-26-2008, 08:33 PM
Robbo may be the consensus choice for MVP, but the back line was much more solid when Marvell was out there, and when he went on some of his mazy runs he displayed footwork and skill not possessed by any fullback I've seen in this league. The goal he scored against Houston is my TFC goal of the year. The way he looked to his right as he neared the edge of the 18, about to pass the ball off to the same tit who had previously drilled it off Wynne for a goal kick, thought better of it, stepped inside the defender and floated the ball into the far corner of the goal, past a flailing Onstad - brilliant. That should have been a winning goal, but for the Freeman/Sutton fiasco. And that other night in Dallas - the winning goal again, his pace set him free to lob neatly over that twat Sala - only to be undone by the referee as the game-tying penalty was awarded against JJ. Pretty much any time Wynne had the ball deep in enemy territory, something would surely happen. Even upon losing the ball he'd just battle for it and win it back.

Robbo may be the MVP this year, but Wynne is the name I'd put on the back of my shirt.

Jeffro
10-27-2008, 03:32 PM
Marvell Wynne is hands down the MVP from this season.

See what our team looked like without him on Saturday night...?

jloome
10-27-2008, 04:06 PM
Marvell Wynne is hands down the MVP from this season.

See what our team looked like without him on Saturday night...?

Holy six minute memory Batman! The guy was brilliant in the second half of the season, but barely competent in the first half. We lost two games, outright, because his positioning was so poor (and four games outright due to fullbacks, as Jimmy B had some howlers, too). So "hands down" is a bit of a stretch.

Having said that, he was probably our most consistent contributor on the year, aside from Robbo. It would be between the two of them, with Sutton behind them and Ricketts behind Sutton, I'd say

David_Oliveira
10-27-2008, 05:08 PM
MVP: Carl Robinson
Golden Boot: Danny Dichio
Rookie: Ibby
Striker: Dichio
Midfielder: Carl Robinson
Defender: Marvell Wynne
Goalkeeper: Greg Sutton
Canadian MVP: Greg Sutton

tim90
10-27-2008, 06:29 PM
mvp greg sutton golden boot danny dichio defender marvell wynne and carl robinson and rookie ibby