PDA

View Full Version : Touque......

Oblio2
10-22-2008, 06:50 AM
So, I was just in the line for Tims, up in North York and while in the linuep, saw that the guy behind me had on the same TFC Touque that was given out at the game. I made a brief comment and we exchanged pleasantries.

I was wondering, If I see someone in TFC gear, I'll usually say something. Do you do the same?
Do you give a quick hello? a quiet "Nice Jersey" comment....
maybe you yell "C'mon the Reds" or do you stand and scream "WHO ARE YA"?-Pointing at them and waiting for them to yell back?

*Note.
Last season I was walking home and yelled "Who Are YA" to a kid in a TFC jersey and I think he thought I was going to mug him. LOL

So....what do you do?

JDG
10-22-2008, 06:57 AM
LOL - Last year, I talked to a lot of people. This year, not as many.
I wear TFC and RPB gear every day, and I get some looks, but rarely does a conversation develop these days.
Just yesterday, on the subway, a guy got on, and took a seat right in front of me. I had a TFC shirt under a RPB jacket, with my RPB Bar Scarf, and the guy didn't so much as glance in my direction. I was standing right in front of him. If he had looked up, I would have said something.

CretanBull
10-22-2008, 07:14 AM
I work at Loblaws and deal with customers all day long...Every day I see people wearing TFC hats, jerseys etc. and I always acknowledge it...it's kinda like the "Jeep wave" that Jeep drivers give to each other :D

GabrielHurl
10-22-2008, 07:19 AM
I don't really pay much attention to be honest - someone else wearing a TFC shirt isn't exactly rare these days

Daveisonfire
10-22-2008, 07:20 AM
I usually ask them, "Ques ce vous chantez?" :)

Wagner
10-22-2008, 07:21 AM
usually - the nod.

Afra
10-22-2008, 07:29 AM
I passed as guy in the Rome airport a month or so ago. I would have made more of a stink as we were both wearing jerseys but I only had time for a 'NICE!' on my way by - he pulled the crest up on his jersey and put an arm in the air. I have done the C'mon you Reds and Qu'est'ce vous chantez before with mixed results - some answer and others look at me like I am a freak. The 'TFC clap clap clap' works also.

Roogsy
10-22-2008, 07:36 AM
I work at Loblaws and deal with customers all day long...Every day I see people wearing TFC hats, jerseys etc. and I always acknowledge it...it's kinda like the "Jeep wave" that Jeep drivers give to each other :D

What's the "Jeep wave"?

Jeep people don't do rallies and picnics like the Saturn people do right? LOL!

Carts
10-22-2008, 08:10 AM
I do the nod...

Small gesture, and its not gonna turn into an akward "...is this guy hitting on me...?" feeling from the other person (especially if its a dude LOL)...

Carts...

Fort York Redcoat
10-22-2008, 08:12 AM
usually - the nod.

this year, yeah cause their everywhere down here. But last year I stuck to T-F-C! Since you never know how many games they get to.

Ageroo
10-22-2008, 08:16 AM
What's the "Jeep wave"?

Jeep people don't do rallies and picnics like the Saturn people do right? LOL!

Don't mess with the Jeep and my wave!:D

I will usually try to exchange a convo here and there.......I tend to be talkative at times.....

TFC OZZ
10-22-2008, 08:19 AM
I always say "nice scarf" or something to that extent

sulfur
10-22-2008, 08:21 AM
Small gesture, and its not gonna turn into an akward "...is this guy hitting on me...?" feeling from the other person (especially if its a dude LOL)..
Dude. Coming from you, it always looks like a come on. :p

Bluenose13
10-22-2008, 08:25 AM
Dude. Coming from you, it always looks like a come on. :pThat's because he is a man slut ;)

Jay P
10-22-2008, 08:27 AM
i work at a restaurant on the weekends and i'll make conversation with people with tfc gear on all the time

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
10-22-2008, 08:28 AM
So, I was just in the line for Tims, up in North York and while in the linuep, saw that the guy behind me had on the same TFC Touque that was given out at the game. I made a brief comment and we exchanged pleasantries.

I was wondering, If I see someone in TFC gear, I'll usually say something. Do you do the same?
Do you give a quick hello? a quiet "Nice Jersey" comment....
maybe you yell "C'mon the Reds" or do you stand and scream "WHO ARE YA"?-Pointing at them and waiting for them to yell back?

*Note.
Last season I was walking home and yelled "Who Are YA" to a kid in a TFC jersey and I think he thought I was going to mug him. LOL

So....what do you do?

funny you say this...i dropped my daughter off at dance lst night...I usally drop her off and take off for an hour and then pick her up.....i noticed some dude wearing a TFC jersey...i went over and said nice jersey ...what ya know...the next hour we chatted everything TFC..:D

another example..:) I was in cambridge driving around...and i have a RED PATCH BOYS DECAL on my back window.....a car pulls up beside me with 4 or 5 in it..and that start yelling WHO ARE YA ..WHO ARE YA..at me! :)

Parkdale
10-22-2008, 08:34 AM
If I see someone in a TFC I'll usually say Nice Hat or Nice jersey or something like that. Granted, I'm a bit more extroverted than most.

Hell... if it wasn't for strangers coming up to people in TFC gear in dark bars, Flatpicker never would have met me.

Parkdale
10-22-2008, 08:35 AM
oh, side note.

all the players have those toques. Apparently they were upset that they didn't get them, so yesterday I got to see them almost fighting over them. Guevara wanted two but Jimmy was giving him grief in a jokey way. Sometimes I forget they're young guys too.

flatpicker
10-22-2008, 08:41 AM
I saw a young lady walking around the other day with a jersey on and I said,"Hey, nice tits!"
For some reason she got really upset with me. Doesn't she realise I am a TFC fan too???

CretanBull
10-22-2008, 08:43 AM
What's the "Jeep wave"?

My friend drives a Jeep...whenever he passes someone on the road who's also driving a Jeep they wave to each other, it's like a telegraphed secret hand shake that us non-Jeep drivers know little about :D

Damien
10-22-2008, 08:51 AM
I saw a young lady walking around the other day with a jersey on and I said,"Hey, nice tits!"
For some reason she got really upset with me. Doesn't she realise I am a TFC fan too???

:lol: whats her problem?!!

JDG
10-22-2008, 08:54 AM
oh, side note.

all the players have those toques. Apparently they were upset that they didn't get them, so yesterday I got to see them almost fighting over them. Guevara wanted two but Jimmy was giving him grief in a jokey way. Sometimes I forget they're young guys too.

LMAO - I loaned Guevara my touque at the reserves game. If he had shown more interest in it, I would happily have let him keep it. It was pretty cold, but he seemed to handle it a bit better with the touque & scarf.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3149/2956316974_f539ee931e_m.jpg

Ageroo
10-22-2008, 08:59 AM
My friend drives a Jeep...whenever he passes someone on the road who's also driving a Jeep they wave to each other, it's like a telegraphed secret hand shake that us non-Jeep drivers know little about :D

Yes...it is highly sophisticated and should be only left to us Jeep drivers......I can't get into it, but the technicalities involved are immense....as well as the repercussions when not done....

Damien
10-22-2008, 08:59 AM
Will these touques be for sale?

JDG
10-22-2008, 09:01 AM
Will these touques be for sale?

I don't think so. It was a giveaway for the first 10,000 into the stadium.

Jay P
10-22-2008, 09:02 AM
hopefully not with a big fat kia logo on the back

i love this touque

wore both it and my tfc scarf to work today :)

JDG
10-22-2008, 09:03 AM
hopefully not with a big fat kia logo on the back

i love this touque

wore both it and my tfc scarf to work today :)

We need some RPB patches to cover the KIA logo :D

Damien
10-22-2008, 09:19 AM
oh it has kia on it, forget it.

akoto
10-22-2008, 10:44 AM
I usually give the nod. I was wearing my Jersey in Vegas recently and had many people start TOR-ONT-OHHH TFC and Dichio24 which was odd and very cool. It helped to be buzzed at the time because having people start a chant directed at you in front of hundreds of people can be awkward sometimes.

alexintoronto
10-22-2008, 10:46 AM
Unless it's Parkdale I give them a friendly greeting.

Parkdale
10-22-2008, 10:48 AM
Unless it's Parkdale I give them a friendly greeting.

the most alexintoronto ever gets from other TFC supporters is a reacharound.

ps. sent my raptors tickets yet?

and if you think jeep drivers wave... you should try being a motorcycle rider.

TheHollister
10-22-2008, 10:54 AM
I don't talk to people - I stare at them awkwardly until they look away... :p

alexintoronto
10-22-2008, 10:57 AM
the most alexintoronto ever gets from other TFC supporters is a reacharound.

ps. sent my raptors tickets yet?

and if you think jeep drivers wave... you should try being a motorcycle rider.
What's with the personal attack? I was talking about the area.

Really I was :D

I'll send them this week by email - I just want to see if anyone pisses me off so I can make them sit between you and Roogsy.

:canada:

GrimsbyTown
10-22-2008, 11:00 AM
Yes...it is highly sophisticated and should be only left to us Jeep drivers......I can't get into it, but the technicalities involved are immense....as well as the repercussions when not done....

I drive a Jeep for work (we have 3 of them) and its funny because I'll be driving around on the weekend in the Honda and have to catch myself before I wave at a Jeep sometimes... I've done it once or twice.

As far as someone in TFC gear, I did at first, but its a little awkward now.

The nod works if I'm sporting my gear too.

AL-MO
10-22-2008, 12:47 PM

A better example would have been motorcycle owners waving at each other. Jeep owners waving at each other is just stupid. But I digress...

Bluenose13
10-22-2008, 12:57 PM
What's with the personal attack? I was talking about the area.

Really I was :D

I'll send them this week by email - I just want to see if anyone pisses me off so I can make them sit between you and Roogsy.

:canada:Wow......Remind me never to piss you off :eek:

king dave
10-22-2008, 01:02 PM
Bloor west picked me up on Roncesvailles after the LFC match Sat., we proceeded along Queen St. to the LCBO and I saw 2 Chicago Fire fans at the streetcar stop.
I rolled down the window and yelled,
"Hey! Douchebags. Meet me at the Rhino and we'll have a beer together. It's 2 blocks that way."
Funny, they never showed up.
KD.

Oblio2
10-22-2008, 01:05 PM
Bloor west picked me up on Roncesvailles after the LFC match Sat., we proceeded along Queen St. to the LCBO and I saw 2 Chicago Fire fans at the streetcar stop.
I rolled down the window and yelled,
"Hey! Douchebags. Meet me at the Rhino and we'll have a beer together. It's 2 blocks that way."
Funny, they never showed up.
KD.

Chicago pussies

:hulk:

Pinkie
10-22-2008, 01:11 PM
i alway get excited when i see tfc gear...however i very rarely approach random dudes wearing tfc gear...because that could be misconstrued (coming from a chick)

Boris
10-22-2008, 01:13 PM
i alway get excited when i see tfc gear...however i very rarely approach random dudes wearing tfc gear...because that could be misconstrued (coming from a chick)

i like attention

Nodoubtguy
10-22-2008, 01:16 PM
I usually don't approach people wearing TFC gear.....unless I happen to be wearing somethign too

TheDude
10-22-2008, 01:18 PM
Last year around Christmas time I was walking through the mall nearest my house (Markville, in Markham) and I saw someone wearing a TFC hat so I walked up to be like "yyyeeeeaaahhhhh" but instead I realized it was Kenny Stamatoplous. We chatted for a minute, i wished him luck in his endeavors (he seemed sure he wouldn't be back) and went on my way

Richard D
10-22-2008, 01:22 PM
All TFC fans know each other...

TheRenter
10-23-2008, 02:56 PM
earlier this year i had a road rage incident where i got out of my car and walked up to buddy who remained seated in his car (he was scared shitless, you could just tell). i was just about to chew him out to his face when i see he's wearing a tfc away jersey. i then proceeded to tell him he's lucky he's got on that jersey, gave him some serious cut-eye and got back in my car....could'nt help but chuckle on my way home

Kenny/Boozemaster/Lenny/togetherness/Roc le Roc
10-23-2008, 03:05 PM
earlier this year i had a road rage incident where i got out of my car and walked up to buddy who remained seated in his car (he was scared shitless, you could just tell). i was just about to chew him out to his face when i see he's wearing a tfc away jersey. i then proceeded to tell him he's lucky he's got on that jersey, gave him some serious cut-eye and got back in my car....could'nt help but chuckle on my way home

You can't be serious??????

eustacchio
10-23-2008, 03:09 PM
I've written about this in other threads, but last summer at Lollapalooza (in Chicago) I wore my jersey (we had a game on the sunday). Literally from the moment I walked into the park and grabbed my first beer to the massive exodus at the end of the night, everywhere I went people were yelling TFC chants at me. It was crazy. I met a ton of people.

(okay, that's the last time I write about that.)

Blizzard
10-23-2008, 03:45 PM
usually - the nod.

I think we need a secret handshake!

Nodoubtguy
10-23-2008, 03:47 PM
I think we need a secret handshake!

http://blogs.trb.com/sports/football/jets/blog/simpsons_handshake.jpg

Blizzard
10-23-2008, 03:48 PM
I usually don't approach people wearing TFC gear.....unless I happen to be wearing somethign too

I passed a guy in a hotel hallway in Sault Ste Marie. He was wearing a TFC cap. I said "you don't see much TFC stuff up here!" and we chatted for about half an hour. He is a STH in 107 or 108 and it turned out we had mutual friends.

Small world!

B

TFCREDNWHITE
10-23-2008, 04:00 PM
I always say something! or at least acknowledge the TFC gear!

I mean come on, were not stuck up leafs fans now are we?!?!

Torcida
10-23-2008, 04:02 PM
You need help dude.

TheRenter
10-24-2008, 11:57 AM
You need help dude.

yah, you're right, i guess i should of laid him out seeing he almost caused a huge accident because he was some young punk, blasting his radio, talking on his cell phone; with no regard for his surroundings....then after i laid the horn, he proceeds to blast back at me and give me the finger. so i stopped at the stop sign proceeding to let him know what i thought about all of it...seeing he was completely out to lunch, at fault and a prick to boot....

......hmmmm, sounds like you'd know something about being out to lunch and a prick......so spare me your ignorance....DUDE!

Torcida
10-24-2008, 12:54 PM
yah, you're right, i guess i should of laid him out seeing he almost caused a huge accident because he was some young punk, blasting his radio, talking on his cell phone; with no regard for his surroundings....then after i laid the horn, he proceeds to blast back at me and give me the finger. so i stopped at the stop sign proceeding to let him know what i thought about all of it...seeing he was completely out to lunch, at fault and a prick to boot....

......hmmmm, sounds like you'd know something about being out to lunch and a prick......so spare me your ignorance....DUDE!
Not really I work the night shift. ;)

Canadian Blue
10-24-2008, 07:23 PM
When do I get my touque from the preseason draw??

Cambridge_Red
10-24-2008, 08:26 PM

I hear your pain, but one day it'll back fire. I find swearing is a good venter but I stay in my car.

James17930
10-24-2008, 09:44 PM
I've worn my jersey a couple of times around Taipei, but no one's said anything :(

greatwhitenorf
10-25-2008, 09:21 AM
I offer them their choice of refreshment from the hip flask or wineskin I always carry.

Erkan16
10-25-2008, 10:45 AM
ill give someone a head nod or a big thumbs up for wearing tfc gear if im wearing something too.