PDA

View Full Version : Amado Guevara up for Goal of the week.

BuSaPuNk
10-20-2008, 09:53 PM
Come on boys let's win this one for Amado he deserves it. God what a strike!!

http://web.mlsnet.com/sights/goal_of_the_week/ :hump:

TicTacTabarnack
10-20-2008, 10:02 PM
If Robbo packs it in and heads back across the pond ... I think we should seriously take a look at Will Johnson. Sweet Goal and he's Canadian!

That being said ... I still voted for Amado like 10 times!

NF-FC
10-20-2008, 10:02 PM
wow, will johnson's goal was dynamite!

BuSaPuNk
10-20-2008, 10:03 PM
Yeah that Johnson goal really is the only one that could give Guevara a run I think. That goal from the keeper is classic but hell, the turf helped it go in.

Keyman
10-20-2008, 10:04 PM
If Robbo packs it in and heads back across the pond ... I think we should seriously take a look at Will Johnson. Sweet Goal and he's Canadian!

That being said ... I still voted for Amado like 10 times!
Agreed that Will Johnson should be on our radar.

However, Robbo leaving has nothing to do with whether or not we should be interested in him. They play completely different positions.

TicTacTabarnack
10-20-2008, 10:05 PM
Yeah that Johnson goal really is the only one that could give Guevara a run I think. That goal from the keeper is classic but hell, the turf helped it go in.

I was expecting the retarded pointy ball bounces though...

Cambridge_Red
10-20-2008, 10:05 PM
Will Johnson's is the best. Some nice goals there though

TicTacTabarnack
10-20-2008, 10:09 PM
Agreed that Will Johnson should be on our radar.

However, Robbo leaving has nothing to do with whether or not we should be interested in him. They play completely different positions.

My bad ... I thought he was a midfielder for some reason? Thought I saw that in a previous thread when Chicago signed his discovery claim. Barrett and Johnson up front would be nice.

Keyman
10-20-2008, 10:12 PM
Both are considered midfielders, Johnson can play out wide or as a more attacking midfielder. He can also play up front. Robbo on the other hand is a defensive midfiedler, that's all I meant.

BuSaPuNk
10-20-2008, 10:17 PM
I was expecting the retarded pointy ball bounces though...

Yeah that is true it's on a pointy ball turf.

Johnson would be a great pick up if MOJO can get him here. That guy is a soild player and Canadian which helps....:canada:
Makes me wonder if that is who Carver was refering to a few weeks back when he was talking about a Canadian player coming in??

David_Oliveira
10-21-2008, 12:02 AM
My rating for the goals
1 Amado
2 Johnson
3 Blanco
4 Juan Pablo
5 Cicero

dupont
10-21-2008, 01:00 AM
I love that Will Johnson goal. Holy shit.

Oldtimer
10-21-2008, 07:48 AM
If you read Cepero's comments, it was a fluke that the ball went in (he didn't even know it went in at the time), he was just aiming to get the ball in the general area of the goal. However, a lot of people vote for the unusual or flashy (hence the large number of bicycle kicks that end up winning) rather than judging based on skill alone.

Keegan
10-21-2008, 08:05 AM
Guevara's goal was nice. I liked Ricketts more tbh.

But Johnson's goal should win, absolute stunning volley. PERFECTLY struck off the post and in off a quick flick and turn. World Class.

1. Johnson
2. Ricketts
3. Blanco
4. Guevara

Keegan
10-21-2008, 08:48 AM
Johnson is just losing to the shite bulls keeper!

Can't let that happen! Vote Johnson he is only like 10 votes behind!

Keegan
10-21-2008, 08:49 AM
If you read Cepero's comments, it was a fluke that the ball went in (he didn't even know it went in at the time), he was just aiming to get the ball in the general area of the goal. However, a lot of people vote for the unusual or flashy (hence the large number of bicycle kicks that end up winning) rather than judging based on skill alone.

Obviously it was a fluke lol. A keeper would be retarded to try and score from there lol

Johnson's goal should be goal of the year but might lose to this shite bull because of some painted concrete!

ensco
10-21-2008, 09:48 AM
Wow, where was that during the U 20s? Johnson looked last summer like a boy among men...interesting how some guys just need time to develop.