PDA

View Full Version : Next season/Off season

Ossington Mental Youth
10-19-2008, 11:14 AM
fucking psyched for it.
Cant wait for the rumors to start

SilverSamurai
10-19-2008, 11:27 AM
Season isn't even over and I'm already going into withdrawl.
I was hoping the CMNT WCQ campaign would help keep my addiction in check, but thanks to Mitchell, it's only going to make it worst!

BigLou
10-19-2008, 11:30 AM
fucking psyched for it.
Im with you man. Where will the first game be? Can we get a red legion down there? BRING ON NEXT YEAR

Fort York Redcoat
10-19-2008, 12:16 PM
Season isn't even over and I'm already going into withdrawl.
I was hoping the CMNT WCQ campaign would help keep my addiction in check, but thanks to Mitchell, it's only going to make it worst!

don't forget the Jamaica game! But yeah after that it's foreign football for a while.

The Pope
10-19-2008, 12:18 PM
who wants to set the over/under for "possible DP" threads?

SilverSamurai
10-19-2008, 12:23 PM
don't forget the Jamaica game! But yeah after that it's foreign football for a while.

Well atleast it's only 2 meaningless games...

Why can't the Gold Cup 2009 rumours start up again! Grr. I want that on Canadian soil! Stupid CSA...

canadian_bhoy
10-19-2008, 12:24 PM
I think my favorite part of yesterday was before the match at that little bar on the way to the stadium "cheers boys, here's to the last home game of the season, it's been a blast".

The bartender (female) almost started crying..

and yes - she was hot.

Fort York Redcoat
10-19-2008, 12:25 PM
I'm sure the CSA will tell us everything we need to know the week before it happens. If we're lucky.

Lucky Strike
10-19-2008, 01:04 PM
fucking psyched for it.

Amen to that. But by mid-January we'll all be dying for the season to start. From 25 October, it's a long 4½ months (depending exactly on when they start the new season). Then we'll come full circle again, no doubt going back to Charleston, at that stadium by the highway... No off-season in all the sports I watch seems longer.

SilverSamurai
10-19-2008, 01:40 PM
Well theirs MLS playoffs, but they don't quite cover up the gaping feeling that you're misssing something.
Sort of like when you break up w/ an ex, but then have a quick fling/rebound. It's kind of fun, but not really all that satisfying...

rocker
10-19-2008, 01:58 PM
i can't wait for the threads about how other MLS teams are signing shitloads of players and we're not, so that's really really bad. hahah.

I still remember the heat I took last offseason when I dared to be skeptical of DC United's south american signings. Of course, everyone was on the South American bandwagon at that time. They went from a fine team to mediocre after signing Niell, and the two Gonzalos. They gotta win next week and hope a couple of teams lose.

I also remember when RSL signed Kenny Deuchar, that goal machine from Scotland. People on this board were slamming Mo... "Why didn't you sign Kenny Deuchar! he scored 63 goals in 90 games for Gretna! Even if he gets a fraction of that in MLS, he's more valuable than what we got!" Deucher then goes on to score 3 goals in 29 games in MLS. Then I remember one chump complaining that Mojo wasn't signing players and that "even Houston is signing players, like Tony Caig!" hahah.. Then Tony Caig turns out to be a weak benchwarmer.

I hope people have a little more perspective this offseason than last.

Ossington Mental Youth
10-19-2008, 03:45 PM
i can't wait for the threads about how other MLS teams are signing shitloads of players and we're not, so that's really really bad. hahah.

I still remember the heat I took last offseason when I dared to be skeptical of DC United's south american signings. Of course, everyone was on the South American bandwagon at that time. They went from a fine team to mediocre after signing Niell, and the two Gonzalos. They gotta win next week and hope a couple of teams lose.

I also remember when RSL signed Kenny Deuchar, that goal machine from Scotland. People on this board were slamming Mo... "Why didn't you sign Kenny Deuchar! he scored 63 goals in 90 games for Gretna! Even if he gets a fraction of that in MLS, he's more valuable than what we got!" Deucher then goes on to score 3 goals in 29 games in MLS. Then I remember one chump complaining that Mojo wasn't signing players and that "even Houston is signing players, like Tony Caig!" hahah.. Then Tony Caig turns out to be a weak benchwarmer.

I hope people have a little more perspective this offseason than last.

agreed, having that been said, i do hope we get signings sooner this year so we have more time for the new guys to gel. I suspect we will see Ruiz, JaSmith and Dichio gone. As a result we will see up to 5 new players, if not more, signed in the offseason or by the start of the new season.

mighty_torontofc_2008
10-19-2008, 03:50 PM
Amen to that. But by mid-January we'll all be dying for the season to start. From 25 October, it's a long 4½ months (depending exactly on when they start the new season). Then we'll come full circle again, no doubt going back to Charleston, at that stadium by the highway... No off-season in all the sports I watch seems longer.

Didn't Carver say no more to Charleston and the extensive pre season tournaments the club took part in, he wants the club to train in Toronto
prior to the 09 season. Have a couple of pre season games at BMO so we can actually see the club instead of from the cbc crappy stream site.

Roogsy
10-19-2008, 03:55 PM
I think my favorite part of yesterday was before the match at that little bar on the way to the stadium "cheers boys, here's to the last home game of the season, it's been a blast".

and yes - she was hot.

You should've comforted her...

Cambridge_Red
10-19-2008, 03:55 PM
/\ /\We can only wish.. One problem I see is that BMO may not be suitable to watch/play a game in depending on our winter. If it was anything like last years..
I cant see a plastic field being very safe to play on with snow and ice on it.

mighty_torontofc_2008
10-19-2008, 04:03 PM
/\ /\We can only wish.. One problem I see is that BMO may not be suitable to watch/play a game in depending on our winter. If it was anything like last years..
I cant see a plastic field being very safe to play on with snow and ice on it.

then play a couple of pre season games at the dome, one against the national team and one or two more against mls clubs that already play of turf, say NEW York and New england, charge reasonable prices top price
$20 field level $10 top deack and let fans who can't see TFC on a regular basis at BMO a chance to see the team in TO. Add Canada and make it a four team tournament. Get Carlsberg to sponsor it..?

Cambridge_Red
10-19-2008, 04:07 PM
then play a couple of pre season games at the dome, one against the national team and one or two more against mls clubs that already play of turf, say NEW York and New england, charge reasonable prices top price
$20 field level $10 top deack and let fans who can't see TFC on a regular basis at BMO a chance to see the team in TO. Add Canada and make it a four team tournament. Get Carlsberg to sponsor it..?

Not a bad idea, but I couldn't see Canada playing considering they hate BMO's turf (RC being just as bad) to begin with. I can think of two USL teams that would be interested though.... :D

justin
10-19-2008, 04:19 PM

you do know that the dome in the winter doesn't cover the stands right? so it would be pretty pointless for people to go to a game to stare at an inflated bubble.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2256/2109790966_cab2952a31.jpg

twistedchinaman
10-19-2008, 04:30 PM
Start the Canadian Championships in the pre-season, not cramming it all into the middle of a season. That could help?

Lucky Strike
10-19-2008, 04:50 PM
Didn't Carver say no more to Charleston and the extensive pre season tournaments the club took part in, he wants the club to train in Toronto
prior to the 09 season. Have a couple of pre season games at BMO so we can actually see the club instead of from the cbc crappy stream site.

If true, it'd be the first I hear of it. Whatever happens, I just want our signings to be done with early so the team can gel.

Cambridge_Red
10-19-2008, 04:53 PM
you do know that the dome in the winter doesn't cover the stands right? so it would be pretty pointless for people to go to a game to stare at an inflated bubble.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2256/2109790966_cab2952a31.jpg

I think he meant the Skydome..Rogers Centre

Lucky Strike
10-19-2008, 04:53 PM
Start the Canadian Championships in the pre-season, not cramming it all into the middle of a season. That could help?

A good idea in principle but the problem remains the cold weather. Wherever you play, it's going to be fairly cold and Toronto is the southernmost city of the three. Because of it, you could probably only get a match of out it. It's better than nothing I suppose, but still not much.

ben_vw
10-19-2008, 04:59 PM
If true, it'd be the first I hear of it. Whatever happens, I just want our signings to be done with early so the team can gel.

I can remember Carver talking about shortening the pre-season. Remember we took part in two pre-season tournaments - one in San Antonio, and the one in Charleston.

I kind of hope we go to Charleston again, as it's always nice to get a pre-season look at how things are going. Unfortunately, if we're not playing like Real Madrid by the time we're at this pre-season, meaningless tournament, people tend to shite bricks and write off the season before it begins.

Cambridge_Red
10-19-2008, 05:00 PM
/\ Vancouver actually is mild year round for the most part, just lots of rain.

GuelphStorm2007
10-19-2008, 05:44 PM
i WOULD NOT MIND IF THEY PLAY IN THAT PRESEASON TOURNEY IN DUBAI, NOT THAT I WILL GO OR ANYTHING BUT THE COMPETION WILL BE A LITTLE HARDER AND IT MIGHT BE BENEFICIAL .

jaahuuu
10-20-2008, 08:43 AM
Definitely. I met a hot girl at the Chicago game, who understands soccer, and lives near me, still in Canada but just across the river from where I work. She was buying me beer and feeding me popcorn during the game. I was in a relationship at the time so I made no move, the relationship I was in ended THE NEXT DAY. No TFC...no girl...It's going to be a long lonely off season.

Maple Leaf Red
10-20-2008, 10:34 AM
Well, I can't wait to avoid the idiocy here during the off-season.

Troll
10-20-2008, 11:12 AM
I'd suggest putting Giambac on your 'Ignore List'.

68% idiocy is gone, just like that.

Ossington Mental Youth
10-20-2008, 11:36 AM
Bwahahahaha
the last two comments are dead on

CoachGT
10-20-2008, 12:03 PM

and yes - she was hot.

Staff at Shoeless said the same thing - that Saturday was a sad day for them.

Technorgasm
10-20-2008, 12:19 PM
^^^
aka = -$$$

Oldtimer
10-20-2008, 01:04 PM

I'd be sad too (lots of RPBs means lots of tips). ;)

Ossington Mental Youth
10-20-2008, 01:16 PM
all these rumors now have me concerned that the off season might not be so dope

Parkdale
10-20-2008, 01:43 PM
personally, I'm going to use my off-season for good, not for evil.

evil = dwelling on the microscopic details that are beyond our control.

Ossington Mental Youth
10-20-2008, 01:49 PM
fair enough, gotta be optimistic, its just heartbreaking is all

Parkdale
10-20-2008, 01:50 PM
when the 2009 takes the field, I will believe that's our 2009 team.
everything up to that point is speculation.

Boris
10-20-2008, 01:52 PM

yeah...when me and a few others went out with the staff...they were all really sad....

you guys have no idea how much they love us

Red Rat
10-20-2008, 01:55 PM
personally, I'm going to use my off-season for good, not for evil.

evil = dwelling on the microscopic details that are beyond our control.
Me too I plan to go to Church every Saturday and masturbate more, since I won't have a drum to bang.

Boris
10-20-2008, 01:56 PM
I'd be sad too (lots of RPBs means lots of tips). ;)

its a lot more than just that with them....

CoachGT
10-20-2008, 02:10 PM
who wants to set the over/under for "possible DP" threads?

Pretty much whatever the number, take "over"

TicTacTabarnack
10-20-2008, 03:33 PM
Pretty much whatever the number, take "over"

LOL ... Damn good bet considering that's the main priority MoJo better be focused on!

GuelphStorm2007
10-20-2008, 08:14 PM
No TFC I will now have to renovate my Kitchen, and most of my upstairs in my house. And hopefully get my business started. Cannot wait for March, or even in Febuary when the MLS Draft and Training Camp Starts.