PDA

View Full Version : Home records

olegunnar
10-19-2008, 08:54 AM
I was looking at the standings this morning and comparing our records with some other teams, teams ahead of us in the standings.
What I found very surprising is that KC and NYRB both have worse road records and better home records than us.

For home records it's

Houston 34 points
Columbus 32 pts
KC 31 pts
NY 30 pts
RSL 30 pts
DC 29 pts
Chvas 24 pts but a game today where unless they lose they'll pass us.

Us 25 pts.

Believe it or not we will have a better road record than 3 or 4 of the 8 playoff teams.
KC, DC, RSL, NYRB

I find it surprising. I always thought at home it was fortress BMO and on the road we were lucky to score a goal.

I guess it's our home record we have to improve first

http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/standings/index.jsp?team=t280

tfc_4_ever
10-19-2008, 09:02 AM
interesting I guess draws can be considered a loss of 2 points not a gain of a point.

James Oliphant
10-19-2008, 11:10 AM
It was fortress BMO...for the first 6 games or so.

rocker
10-19-2008, 11:31 AM
well, people said we were fortress BMO last season too even though our record was worse last year than this year.
i think people want to believe it's a fortress, but perhaps the opposing players aren't as effected by it as we think.

Kevvv
10-19-2008, 11:42 AM
Look at home losses - only Houston and RSL have fewer home losses (1 vs 2 losses for us at BMO). But we'll end the season with more ties at home than any other team.

Kevvv
10-19-2008, 11:46 AM
Also, only RSL gave up fewer goals at home (10 vs 12 at BMO). Every other team in the East gave up 15 or more at home. But with only 17 goals for (fewest in the league), we didn't claim all the points we should have.

LucaGol
10-19-2008, 11:48 AM
Just because we can't score ... it doesn't make BMO any less of a fortress.

If you consider a win or a tie a positive result, than Im sure we're in the top 3.

Also maybe look at how often we were scored on at home. It's gotta be less than ten times. (edit: see above post)