PDA

View Full Version : GUevara NEW DEAL!

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
10-18-2008, 08:01 PM
Mitch Peacock mentioned on the brodcast today....Guevara had just signed a new deal with TFC not sure if this is old news or not??.....and in an interview with him....Amado is very happy in toronto...that he love's the coaches here...and that he's never been with a team in his career that is so tight with each other...inside the locker room!

Nice to hear!!:)

denime
10-18-2008, 08:04 PM
tight with each other...inside the locker room!

Hmmmm he likes tight eh

Shakes McQueen
10-18-2008, 08:05 PM
Mitch Peacock mentioned on the brodcast today....Guevara had just signed a new deal with TFC not sure if this is old news or not??.....and in an interview with him....Amado is very happy in toronto...that he love's the coaches here...and that he's never been with a team in his career that is so tight with each other...inside the locker room!

Nice to hear!!:)

When Ricketts got his first goal, the first thing he did was run over and hug Carver. That tells you all you need to know about our club. And at the end of the match, CBC caught a nice camera shot of Carver smiling and talking to Jimmy B, then rubbing his head and giving him a hug. I also saw Guevara joking around with Ricketts.

As for Amado - I thought he had already signed a multi-year deal with us? I mean - I'm glad that he's with us longer term - I just thought that was already the case.

Man, I'm excited to see TFC next season. We've showed some real determination and flair these last few matches. Some of the chances (converted or not) that we were generating tonight, were great.

- Scott

morgank1986
10-18-2008, 08:07 PM
I got a chance to chat with Ricketts after the game, got an autograph and congratulated him on a great game. I said I'll see you next year and he relied with maybe. We really need to lock this guy up to a deal.

denime
10-18-2008, 08:09 PM
Ricketts has 2years contract as much I remember.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
10-18-2008, 08:09 PM
I got a chance to chat with Ricketts after the game, got an autograph and congratulated him on a great game. I said I'll see you next year and he relied with maybe. We really need to lock this guy up to a deal.

hmmm...interesting....i wonder if those rumors of going to the shite bulls are true?:noidea:

Shakes McQueen
10-18-2008, 08:11 PM
There is rumours of Ricketts going to RBNY? Where did they originate from?

Everything I've ever heard of Rohan, he has said he loves Toronto, loves Carver, and wants to stay - it's basically in the club's court.

I'd be shocked if RR left TFC. He's a well known fan favourite, and he's a great player to boot. They'd be nuts to let him go, unless he demands some ludicrous amount of money.

- Scott

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
10-18-2008, 08:12 PM
There is rumours of Ricketts going to RBNY? Where did they originate from?

Everything I've ever heard of Rohan, he has said he loves Toronto, loves Carver, and wants to stay - it's basically in the club's court.

I'd be shocked if RR left TFC. He's a well known fan favourite, and he's a great player to boot. They'd be nuts to let him go, unless he demands some ludicrous amount of money.

- Scott

BIG BRUVA had mentioned....a few teams are interested..and SHITEBULLS were one of them.....it might just be a renegotiation...ploy! :)

Axeman
10-18-2008, 08:15 PM
When Ricketts got his first goal, the first thing he did was run over and hug Carver. That tells you all you need to know about our club. And at the end of the match, CBC caught a nice camera shot of Carver smiling and talking to Jimmy B, then rubbing his head and giving him a hug. I also saw Guevara joking around with Ricketts.
It was nice to see.

Shakes McQueen
10-18-2008, 08:16 PM
BIG BRUVA had mentioned....a few teams are interested..and SHITEBULLS were one of them.....it might just be a renegotiation...ploy! :)

Well, I'm sure there are lots of teams interested in RR's services. That isn't really tantamount to a rumour of him leaving though.

Don't scare me like that :D

- Scott

Roogsy
10-18-2008, 08:21 PM
I am really looking forward to next year.

CanuckPete
10-18-2008, 08:40 PM

Are you sure you heard that right? I thought he was talking about Chad Barrett at the time.

deschamp86
10-18-2008, 08:43 PM
Are you sure you heard that right? I thought he was talking about Chad Barrett at the time.

Yeah I remember this being said about Barrett as well.

Shakes McQueen
10-18-2008, 08:53 PM
So I was right about Guevara then? haha

- Scott

giambac
10-18-2008, 09:15 PM

As for Amado - I thought he had already signed a multi-year deal with us? I mean - I'm glad that he's with us longer term - I just thought that was already the case.

Man, I'm excited to see TFC next season. We've showed some real determination and flair these last few matches. Some of the chances (converted or not) that we were generating tonight, were great.

- Scott

Yes it kind of reminds me of Team Canada and how they played against Mexico. I mean when the games don't count and there is no pressure because they basically were elimnated from the playoffs (would need a miracle to qualify), the team plays well. However, in the games they should have won they didn't show up. You know the games vs SJ, RSL , KC at home etc.

It seems that is the story of Toronto teams (Leafs and now TFC). Play well the last 2-3 games of the season when nothing is on the line.

If that makes you happy....whatever...

Roogsy
10-18-2008, 09:22 PM
You are the biggest downer on this board dude...seriously. The rest of us are in a good mood despite knowing that TFC is now out. And you come in and shit on everyone. You represent everything I dislike about bandwagon jumpers.

Shakes McQueen
10-18-2008, 09:52 PM
Yes it kind of reminds me of Team Canada and how they played against Mexico. I mean when the games don't count and there is no pressure because they basically were elimnated from the playoffs (would need a miracle to qualify), the team plays well. However, in the games they should have won they didn't show up. You know the games vs SJ, RSL , KC at home etc.

It seems that is the story of Toronto teams (Leafs and now TFC). Play well the last 2-3 games of the season when nothing is on the line.

If that makes you happy....whatever...

Nothing was on the line? We have been clinging to faint playoff hopes, and short of a bad penalty call, the guys have delivered what they needed to deliver to give us a chance.

You aren't a self-professed "realist" - you're just being a jerk.

I'm resigned to the fact that you will always find some reason to be negative, whether they win or lose. Which begs the question of why you frequent a supporter's website in the first place.

The fact that most folks here don't seem to appreciate your input, just makes that question all the more poignant.

We were mathematically in the playoff race until about 30 minutes ago. Your criticism of only playing when nothing is on the line, has no basis in objective reality.

And instead of celebrating a riveting win in our last home game, you come here searching for a reason to get down on the team again. I echo Roogsy's sentiments.

- Scott

nascarguy
10-19-2008, 08:20 AM
yeah It's nice to Nice to hear!!:)

J .
10-20-2008, 01:38 AM
I dunno, maybe DeRo will be on RR's side next season. I dont know. Ricketts has had great moments, but he was not an allstar. He needs to spend the offseason working hard to get himself to the next level.

Edit: Here is to hoping Che is in top form next year for us. We will need him if we are going to make a push. I wonder if this means that Ruiz will remain with us too.

Axeman
10-20-2008, 01:42 AM
I dunno, maybe DeRo will be on RR's side next season. I dont know. Ricketts has had great moments, but he was not an allstar. He needs to spend the offseason working hard to get himself to the next level.

Edit: Here is to hoping Che is in top form next year for us. We will need him if we are going to make a push. I wonder if this means that Ruiz will remain with us too.
I think consistency was Ricketts biggest problem this season.

Shakes McQueen
10-20-2008, 02:24 AM

I still think DeRo coming here for next season isn't happening. He's under contract, he isn't unhappy in Houston, and we would have to give up too much to get him.

We could re-sign Ricketts for likely half what it would cost us to sign DeRo next season, if not less, and that isn't including the draft picks and players that would likely be involved in the deal. Houston isn't going to give up their best player for peanuts.

I like Ricketts. I want to sign him for at least another season, and see if he completely returns to form.

Throw in the fact that we also have Johann Smith in the wings, and signing DeRo doesn't even make sense for TFC right now, you could argue.

I'm all for waiting until he's no longer under contract, or Houston is actively shopping him around, and picking him up then.

As an aside, I will also cry if we use our DP slot on him.

- Scott

CoachGT
10-20-2008, 07:35 AM

Wouldn't surprise me much if he moved on. This is just a stop on the path for him - if the chance came to go back to a high level team in England he would be crazy not to take it. He's young enough to still be on the lookout for it. He's in a similar position to Edu or Wynne.

BuSaPuNk
10-20-2008, 08:24 AM
Yeah Ricketts should stay next year. He has had his struggles this year with inconsisency and such but saturdays game was a wake up call. This guy can play. If he doesn't get a new deal or is shipped out of here, questions have to be asked of where MOJO wants this team to go.

joel
10-20-2008, 10:14 AM
He is likely holding out for a better contract, which is probably a fair request, given his consistent play throughout the year.

Roogsy
10-20-2008, 10:20 AM
Who are we going to put on the right side?

Smith and Ricketts are both natural lefts aren't they?

Super
10-20-2008, 11:34 AM
I really hope we'll move into season 3 with pretty much the same squad. I'd hate having to rebuild again. It's the sure way to repeat what we did this season. We must start with a strong squad, no buying and trading months into the next season.

Please!

Ossington Mental Youth
10-20-2008, 11:39 AM
id like to see what we currently have plus a few players (rid of a few, mostly just JaSmith, nothing personal, just that he hasnt done much and is taking up an internatioal slot), we really just need a solid leader in the CB position, a back up DM and several strikers.
Oh yeah, also another back up winger

mighty_torontofc_2008
10-20-2008, 11:39 AM
I am really looking forward to next year.

I think we all are after the way the last 4 games have gone...its looking good. If TFC had only got the two extra points in Dallas:(, oh well thats history.

Technorgasm
10-20-2008, 11:50 AM
A STAY vs GO thread would be great.

who do we have that are in need of contracts?

WHo is ear marked to leave?

(ya. . Im pretty lazy)

canadian_bhoy
10-20-2008, 11:55 AM
the general rule in these situations is that the people who say things like "oh I don't know, we'll see" are the one's who are desparate to come back and will probably sign. People who say things like Robbo did are a little tougher to judge, but when people start throwing around the "I've got other offers" they are looking for a better paycheque.

The flipside is also true, the people who say things like "this is the only club I have ever wanted to play for" tend to leave.

Broadview
10-20-2008, 12:47 PM

Ricketts' is right footed with a really good left when it comes to passes and crosses. That's why we keep seeing him switch sides all the time. His left footed shooting ain't much to write home about though.

Jo Smith I don't really know. I imagine he's a leftie because you never see him anywhere else, but I wouldn't bet money on that or anything. Maybe if it was somebody else's money....

Big Bruva
10-20-2008, 12:55 PM
hmmm...interesting....i wonder if those rumors of going to the shite bulls are true?:noidea:

lol rumours huh?

TicTacTabarnack
10-20-2008, 12:59 PM
when people start throwing around the "I've got other offers" they are looking for a better paycheque.

Like Carver? I'd love to have him back next year .... But I'm sure he's as serious as serious can get when he wants MO and MLSE to provide him with the resources he needs.

It seems to me that TFC has grown on him and he wants to stay here. He just needs to get what he wants ... It was great seeing him kiss the TFC crest on his jacket when he walked around the field after the game.

Big Bruva
10-20-2008, 01:00 PM
You are the biggest downer on this board dude...seriously. The rest of us are in a good mood despite knowing that TFC is now out. And you come in and shit on everyone. You represent everything I dislike about bandwagon jumpers.

lol you just gotta laugh at these kinda people mate and try not to respond.

TicTacTabarnack
10-20-2008, 01:01 PM
lol rumours huh?

Dude ... Don't scare me like that! Don't make me steal Rohan's shoes and only give them back if he stays here! :D

Shaughno
10-20-2008, 01:01 PM
lol rumours huh?

Should we be expecting Big Bruva in NY anytime soon? ;)

Oldtimer
10-20-2008, 01:06 PM
Dude ... Don't scare me like that! Don't make me steal Rohan's shoes and only give them back if he stays here! :D

That should work! After all RR always says it's not him, it's the shoes!

Broadview
10-20-2008, 01:17 PM
Abr_LU822rQ

Big Bruva
10-20-2008, 01:38 PM

Nope Ro is right footed but uses his left too thats why some people want to see Johann on the left and Rohan on the right

Big Bruva
10-20-2008, 01:40 PM
Ricketts' is right footed with a really good left when it comes to passes and crosses. That's why we keep seeing him switch sides all the time. His left footed shooting ain't much to write home about though.

Jo Smith I don't really know. I imagine he's a leftie because you never see him anywhere else, but I wouldn't bet money on that or anything. Maybe if it was somebody else's money....

lol i would bet money on it, Johann never uses his right.

Big Bruva
10-20-2008, 01:42 PM
Should we be expecting Big Bruva in NY anytime soon? ;)

It all starts again lol, i think this off season im gonna have my own station or youtube or something lol