PDA

View Full Version : Gold List(ers)

Soods
10-17-2008, 02:38 PM
Has anyone on the gold list received any information about going to view for seasons seats yet? Or are we not going to see anything until after everyone is finished (which is tonight I believe)??

olegunnar
10-17-2008, 02:39 PM
Not even
Apparently the e-mail we got was not correct, and we're not next.

Platinum list (seasons ticket holders) are apparently next.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
10-17-2008, 02:40 PM
Not even

i was just about to say that...SSH will have first crack at picking up extra's

scots17
10-17-2008, 02:41 PM
I am on the Gold list, and spoke to my rep John Driscoll yesterday, he said we will hear "something" in November, but "are" next???

BakaGaijin
10-17-2008, 02:42 PM
Anybody who is not on the season seat holder list will not have a chance to buy tickets until they expand the stadium.

That is reality.

arsenal
10-17-2008, 02:45 PM
Has anyone on the gold list received any information about going to view for seasons seats yet? Or are we not going to see anything until after everyone is finished (which is tonight I believe)??

I do not think you will go down and pick out seats when it goes to the gold list ... it will be done via phone.

Chevy
10-17-2008, 02:46 PM
Not even

I thought that the "Diamond" list would be first.

Just Kidding.:D

Soods
10-17-2008, 02:50 PM
Not even

So even though the email say quite clearly:

We are currently in the middle of 2009 Season Seat Holder renewals, which runs until October 3rd. Our Season Seat Holder relocation event then runs from October 15th to 17th. After that, it’s your chance.
As a member of the Gold Waiting List, you will get the first opportunity to purchase any remaining Season Seat packages as well as partial packages late next month. Your chance to purchase will be based on when you first purchased a ticket package (inception date).
Following your opportunity to purchase seats, members of the Red Waiting List will be able to pick up any remaining packages before they go on public sale.

that's all garbage??

Did someone get an email confirming the change?

olegunnar
10-17-2008, 02:52 PM

We are currently in the middle of 2009 Season Seat Holder renewals, which runs until October 3rd. Our Season Seat Holder relocation event then runs from October 15th to 17th. After that, it’s your chance.
As a member of the Gold Waiting List, you will get the first opportunity to purchase any remaining Season Seat packages as well as partial packages late next month. Your chance to purchase will be based on when you first purchased a ticket package (inception date).
Following your opportunity to purchase seats, members of the Red Waiting List will be able to pick up any remaining packages before they go on public sale.

that's all garbage??

I agree it's garbage.

I didn't get any e-mails correcting the mis-information they sent out.
I've just heard on this board and other boards people saying they spoke to reps who said the platinum list is next.

StandUpIfYouHateChelsea
10-17-2008, 03:12 PM
i just dont get it when ppl say that we cant fill a 40k seat stadium.... or at least 35k look we have like 28k ppl either WITH seasons ticks OR ON the list.......watch , we upgrade we get more hype .... and guess what we talk of expansion again...... i just HOPE to god they dont do something stupid like put a roof in haste as room for future expansion will come along in time......

IF i had the cash , id add 20k seats =)

BakaGaijin
10-17-2008, 03:12 PM

that's all garbage??

It appears to be garbarge.

Even though I am a SSH, I think the people on the Gold list should get a chance to buy tickets before the people on the Platinum list. People on the Platinum list already have seats..........let the Gold list have a chance. Platinum list people already had a chance to add tickets last year.

That's just my opinion.

olegunnar
10-17-2008, 03:18 PM
It appears to be garbarge.

Even though I am a SSH, I think the people on the Gold list should get a chance to buy tickets before the people on the Platinum list. People on the Platinum list already have seats..........let the Gold list have a chance. Platinum list people already had a chance to add tickets last year.

That's just my opinion.

Granted I'm biased since I've been on the waiting list for 2 years (actually 18 months, but 2 seasons) but I agree with you.

I thought they'd closed the loophole that allowed people to bi-pass the waiting list (people adding tickets then transferring them) but now the people that skipped the line up/wait list can add tickets too.

I can't imagine many people on the Platinum list are people that added seats after last year. It's probably all the new people that skipped the wait list.

JonO
10-17-2008, 03:25 PM
They clearly said at the relocation that they will be taking names from both the Platinum List and the Gold list for the remaining seats. I think they realize they will never make a dent in the waiting list otherwise...

Toronto Ruffrider
10-17-2008, 05:39 PM
I'm near the top of the Gold list, but I'm not holding out hope for getting full seasons. Short of stadium expansion, there won't be many brand new season ticket holders.

mlsintoronto
10-17-2008, 05:50 PM
we're doing both...a few tix will go to existing season seat holders but we're splitting the inventory to ensure that at least some people get off the gold list. if the waiting lists aren't moving they are useless.

Fernandinho
10-17-2008, 05:58 PM
I'm near the top of the Gold list, but I'm not holding out hope for getting full seasons. Short of stadium expansion, there won't be many brand new season ticket holders.

How exactly do you find out where you are located on the gold list? and I dont know if I agree with once again giving existing SSH a shot at purchasing extra tickets.

JonO
10-17-2008, 06:07 PM
we're doing both...a few tix will go to existing season seat holders but we're splitting the inventory to ensure that at least some people get off the gold list. if the waiting lists aren't moving they are useless.
See - from time to time I get things right :D

Soods
10-17-2008, 09:09 PM

But that's not what the email you guys sent out says!

It says:
As a member of the Gold Waiting List, you will get the first opportunity to purchase any remaining Season Seat packages as well as partial packages late next month.

Now you say that tickets will go to existing seat holders!?!?!?

TOBOR !
10-17-2008, 10:28 PM
Tobor has been waiting two seasons - Tobor is on Gold List. Sell Tobor tickets.

olegunnar
10-17-2008, 10:58 PM

Yes please

Toronto Ruffrider
10-17-2008, 11:27 PM
How exactly do you find out where you are located on the gold list? and I dont know if I agree with once again giving existing SSH a shot at purchasing extra tickets.

I don't know my exact number, but I know I'm near the top because last year I was given the first time slot for purchasing half-season packs. I managed to get a pair of medium grey half-seasons, which were in high demand - there were only 125 seats in that price range. Presumably, I should be in the top 125 on the waiting list.

Soods
10-17-2008, 11:30 PM
Man...you just beat me to writing that post!!

Seriously though, that's pretty much the way I've been feeling lately. I've spent a lot of money on supporting this team over the past two years and I still feel like I'm no where near acquiring season tickets. Sometimes it just feels like the scalpers are being catered to instead of us.

pepher
10-17-2008, 11:44 PM
how the hell do you find out which list you're on?

redcard
10-18-2008, 07:42 AM
how the hell do you find out which list you're on?

if you are a currentl STH - platinum
half season holder - gold
no tickets - red

nascarguy
10-19-2008, 08:23 AM
good luck

Toronto Ruffrider
10-19-2008, 03:57 PM
Man...you just beat me to writing that post!!

Seriously though, that's pretty much the way I've been feeling lately. I've spent a lot of money on supporting this team over the past two years and I still feel like I'm no where near acquiring season tickets. Sometimes it just feels like the scalpers are being catered to instead of us.

I know the feeling. It would be comforting if I knew that something was being done to curb the acquisition of tickets by scalpers.

As for the actual waiting list, it may be a long shot but I have faith that a good chunk of the 600-or-so season tickets that are available will make their way to the Gold list. That number is so small that if Platinum list members had first dibs, no half-season holders would ever get upgraded.

Broadview
10-19-2008, 05:32 PM
if you are a currentl STH - platinum
half season holder - gold
no tickets - red

I bought that Canadian Championship/International Friendly pack to get on the gold list, as did a lot of people. Which makes me wonder just how large that list is.

mw83krk
10-19-2008, 05:41 PM
I bought that Canadian Championship/International Friendly pack to get on the gold list, as did a lot of people. Which makes me wonder just how large that list is.

I bought the half pack with and was told that would get me on the Gold List... I had no clue there was even a Platinum List... I'm kind off tired of buying additional tickets from craigslist and exerting effort looking for extra tickets... and then only to find out that existing season ticket holders once again will be getting first shot to buy more (nothing against existing STH... just saying) ... It'll get to a point where I'll just get leave the list and watch on TV or at the bar... whatever, I'll wait till the expand the stadium in a few years I guess.

Cambridge_Red
10-19-2008, 05:42 PM
It's large I already had HST's and bought most of the packs this season and still realize ST's are a long shot.

Vhoghul
10-19-2008, 07:12 PM
Yeah, I'm of the opinion that Gold and Platinum should be merged, and ordered as first signed up, first chance to buy. Cap the number of tickets at 4 per person, grandfather those with more, until they voluntarily give up those tickets (or die), and then we'll see Marc's movement on the waiting lists.

As it stands, I was at the top of the Red list this spring, having signed up for the waiting list 5-10 minutes after it went live last year, I got half seasons last year, and am not very optimistic about getting full-seasons this year.

Wagner
10-19-2008, 07:16 PM

But as a season ticket holder, I invested earlier than most.
so i should be able to get a new season seat (for my sister L-Wag), ahead of someone that didn't have the stones to buy in back in nov 2006.

Also, what about the Leafs list...it doesn't seem to be moving??
:noidea:

olegunnar
10-19-2008, 07:20 PM
But as a season ticket holder, I invested earlier than most.
so i should be able to get a new season seat (for my sister L-Wag), ahead of someone that didn't have the stones to buy in back in nov 2006.

Also, what about the Leafs list...it doesn't seem to be moving??
:noidea:

The same way people on the gold list had a chance to get seasons in Nov of 2006
You had a chance to get your sister a seasons seat last year.

Toronto Ruffrider
10-19-2008, 08:23 PM

Good point. As for the Leafs' season ticket list, only four tickets in the whole ACC weren't renewed last year, so that's why that list isn't getting any smaller.

redcard
10-19-2008, 08:38 PM

would it not be better if the waiting list never moves...meaning that every STH renews their tickets at 100% year after year...ulike this year with approx 4-5% not renewing...i would assume one day when the team improves and the league improves that the waiting lists will just get longer and never decrease...i would assume that is ideal as is the case with the Leafs season tickets...

Wagner
10-19-2008, 08:52 PM

I tried last year and couldn't.
i bought in Nov 2006.
People that bought in Oct had first dibs.
and rightly so.

It seems really counter-intuitive.
who cares if gold listers are happy...
what about keeping platinums happy, the people that made this a success from the start.

Cambridge_Red
10-19-2008, 09:06 PM
I tried last year and couldn't.
i bought in Nov 2006.
People that bought in Oct had first dibs.
and rightly so.

It seems really counter-intuitive.
who cares if gold listers are happy...
what about keeping platinums happy, the people that made this a success from the start.

Dude they're accomodating for both sets on the list. If a system of only serving STH's for future ST's was put in place a waiting list wouldn't be necessary.

Toronto Ruffrider
10-19-2008, 10:01 PM
One thing I find interesting is how season tickets become concentrated over time. Let's assume for a moment that TFC will continue to give Platinum members priority over extra tickets. Since 4% of season tickets weren't renewed this year, it is safe to assume that the 4% of the people who owned season tickets gave them up. If existing subscribers are given preference over those tickets - some 600 seats or so - they will undoubtedly pick them all up. In short, all of last season's season tickets will get picked up by 96% of the subscriber base, and the actual number of subscribers will fall.

Now, a slightly-smaller group of season ticket holders may be negligible from one year to the next, but over several years all of TFC's season tickets - assuming stadium expansion doesn't take place - will become concentrated in a smaller and smaller body of people. At a time when TFC support is growing rapidly, is such a pattern desirable? TFC is still a young club, and in my opinion it needs to accommodate as many fans and supporters as possible.

redcard
10-20-2008, 07:22 AM
Now, a slightly-smaller group of season ticket holders may be negligible from one year to the next, but over several years all of TFC's season tickets - assuming stadium expansion doesn't take place - will become concentrated in a smaller and smaller body of people. At a time when TFC support is growing rapidly, is such a pattern desirable? TFC is still a young club, and in my opinion it needs to accommodate as many fans and supporters as possible.

I think theres a limit for the STHs to have a max of 6 seats, so that pool of STHs with tickets wont be as concentrated.

as well i think many STHs like myself will only pick up new seats inorder to hand over the rights to friends...i did that last season.

Afra
10-20-2008, 07:33 AM
If I can get anymore I will take them. Extras tickets will always find a home in the ticket trader here. There seems to be a bunch of RPB's without tickets. Is there any chance that they would give preference to the RPB's for section 112 and let the group itself buy them? If the RPB's own seats then more members would have a chance to attend at least some games.

Oldtimer
10-20-2008, 07:58 AM
Paul B said on the FAN590 soccer show that they will be reserving a portion of the available tickets for the platinum list, and a portion will be reserved for the gold list.
So the gold list holders will not be shut out this year. They haven't yet decided what portion will be for what list.

He also said that there were not many platinum holders this year looking for extra tickets.

Primavera
10-20-2008, 10:35 AM
The fact remains that MLSE/TFC told Gold List people that they would have FIRST crack at ST after the relocation process. Allowing current ST holders to purchase additional STs is NOT relocation. MLSE/TFC has misled people (some of whom purchased half ST packages or International combos) into thinking that MLSA/TFC would actually honour their own promotions.

When did this Platinum List come into existence? I know people who have been ST holders from the start and they have never heard of this list.

Pyeddo
10-20-2008, 10:40 AM
You own a season seat = you are on the platinum list from what I understand.

Oldtimer
10-20-2008, 11:00 AM
The fact remains that MLSE/TFC told Gold List people that they would have FIRST crack at ST after the reallocation process.

I think that is not correct... do you have a link?

olegunnar
10-20-2008, 11:04 AM

It's from the e-mail they sent us September 17th

Your Toronto FC Account Number:
Thanks for your support this year Olegunnar!
We hope you’ve enjoyed the games you have attended so far at BMO Field this season and look forward to seeing you again in 2009. We want to keep you informed of the process that is in place regarding Toronto FC ticket packages for next season:

We will provide you with more details in the next few weeks. Until then, thanks again for your continued support.
Toronto FC
// All For One

Primavera
10-20-2008, 11:11 AM

I have the same email that has already been quoted by Soods in this thread (post 230595).

At the risk of being redundant:
"Our Season Seat Holder relocation event then runs from October 15th to 17th. After that, it’s your chance. " In the quotation "your" refers to the Gold Waiting List. In all of MLSE/TFC correspondence with Gold List members that I've received there has been NO mention of a Platinum List and NO mention of current STH being able to purchase additional seats after the relocation period.

IMO (and probably in the minds of many others) MLSE/TFC is guilty of at best a "sin of omission" or at worst willful misrepresenation.

For those STH who plans on buying addional STs to sign over to friends: first - I wish I were one of your friends ;); secondly - since I'm not, why shouldn't they get on the waiting list and wait their turn like the rest of us? Just as most of us had the same opportunity to buy STs 2 years ago, we've also had the opportunity to purchase half-season packages to get on the Gold List.

olegunnar
10-20-2008, 11:24 AM
IMO (and probably in the minds of many others) MLSE/TFC is guilty of at best a "sin of omission" or at worst willful misrepresenation.

My guess is that the FO figured last years adding and transferring had run it's course and this year they wouldn't allow it. They already have stopped letting people transfer as of OCt 3rd I believe.

Then I bet people that a) didn't read their e-mails or b) are just complainers, showed up at the relocations demanding to be able to add seats, so the FO changed their minds. Which they can do very easily since none of us wait list people have a number telling us where we are on the list.

Anyways, that's my guess as to why they're backtracking on their written promises.
I do find it very amusing though that the some of the same people that have been gleefully telling wait list people..."you snooze you lose"..are complaining now that they can't add more tickets...even though they had every opportunity to do so after last year.

Oldtimer
10-20-2008, 11:51 AM
I stand corrected.
That email sure sounds like the Gold list is first.

Primavera
10-21-2008, 01:42 PM
I stand corrected.
That email sure sounds like the Gold list is first.

It sure does -- too bad that's not the case.

For those of you Gold Listers who are not happy with how this is playing out, I suggest emailing Haley Anso (hanso@torontofc.ca - Relations and Ticket Administration) and Anton Wimmer (awimmer@torontofc.ca - the ticketing agent to whom I was told to direct my concern) a respectful yet direct message asking them to explan the the fact that Gold Waiting List people are not in fact in line for ST as indicated in the TFC message of Sept. 17.

Chapman
10-21-2008, 08:10 PM
Has there been a post of the email the platinum list holders received about adding tickets before gold? Just want to confirm this is the true case and not just rumor before emailing my concern to the FO.

Soods
10-21-2008, 08:13 PM
Paul Beirne from the FO said this on the radio the other day (FAN590 soccer show), therefore I'd say that is pretty much confirmed.

Oh and he said it earlier in this thread (he's mlsintoronto)

Chapman
10-21-2008, 08:20 PM
alright cool thanks!

JDG
10-21-2008, 09:11 PM
Has there been a post of the email the platinum list holders received about adding tickets before gold? Just want to confirm this is the true case and not just rumor before emailing my concern to the FO.

This is what I received. As a member of the Platinum list, it has always been made clear that we get first crack at any extras, and I'd be extremely pissed if someone that signed up after I did, were serviced before I.

Dear JDG,
First of all, thank you so much for renewing your 2009 season tickets! Once again, the reaction from all of our fans was extremely positive and you can look forward to a packed BMO Field next April.

Now begins phase two of renewals, the relocation process.

This year’s seat relocation event will begin on Wednesday, October 15th and will continue to Friday, October 17th. Similar to last year all renewed season seat holders will be invited to BMO Field based upon your inception date (the day you bought your season tickets) to look at alternative seat locations.

Some important notes:

Each appointment time will last 30 minutes.
If you cannot make your appointment, you can send someone on your behalf.
You will receive an e-mail with your appointment time later this week.

What’s different this year?

Additional seats will not be offered at this event ; instead, we will arrange phone appointments with all renewed season seat holders who have expressed interest in additional seats by joining the platinum waiting list (again, appointments will be determined by inception date).
Last year we added an additional 2000 season seats available, this year we will not be adding additional inventory towards full season seats. This means only non-renewed seats will be available to purchase after the relocation event.
More details to follow…

Since renewals were very high it is important to remember that we cannot guarantee seat relocation or the availability of additional seats.

Thanks again for your continued support, and stay tuned for more details later this week.

//Toronto FC
All For One

Here's where I signed up. This was present from the first day my Account Manager was activated. Signing on was one of the first things I did.

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w167/JDeG/Platinum_001.jpg

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w167/JDeG/Platinum_002.jpg

Chapman
10-21-2008, 09:17 PM
Thanks JDG, did they give you any new date yet on when they would contact you?

JDG
10-21-2008, 09:19 PM
Thanks JDG, did they give you any new date yet on when they would contact you?

I was told verbally that it would be approximately two weeks from the Relocation appointment.

heather
10-21-2008, 09:21 PM
thanks for the update JDG :)
I'm on the gold list as well and was wondering what was going on.

Am I the only one who lost their ticket rep (Payne)?

Chapman
10-21-2008, 09:22 PM
No i think Lynn left as well, so there must have been some people who lost their rep there.

nascarguy
10-22-2008, 03:53 AM
good luck to anyone trying to get tickets

Primavera
10-22-2008, 06:45 AM
JDG - Thanks for posting that message.

I also had Jeff Payne as my ticket rep. Can someone post the name of the rep who has taken over Payne's customers?

Thanks.

JDG
10-22-2008, 07:01 AM
JDG - Thanks for posting that message.

I also had Jeff Payne as my ticket rep. Can someone post the name of the rep who has taken over Payne's customers?

Thanks.

My pleasure.

Matt O'Brien was promoted, so I have a new rep this year as well. From what I've seen, they haven't moved a departed rep's client list over to a single new rep - they've broken the lists up, and spread them around.
You should get an email announcing your new rep, but if you hvaen't, you can call the GOAL line, and ask for the name of your new rep.

Wagner
10-22-2008, 07:29 AM
My pleasure.

Matt O'Brien was promoted, so I have a new rep this year as well. From what I've seen, they haven't moved a departed rep's client list over to a single new rep - they've broken the lists up, and spread them around.
You should get an email announcing your new rep, but if you hvaen't, you can call the GOAL line, and ask for the name of your new rep.

Thanks JDG.

My rep was Matty O'Brien.
Now my rep is John Driscoll.

I can hardly wait for that additional seat call.

JDG
10-22-2008, 01:08 PM
I learned a few more things today. Nothing is concrete as far as I know, but things are looking good for the Gold list.

The Platinum list will indeed be contacted first, but odds are, this will not produce a huge amount of activity.

This is why:
1. If there are many Platinum list members like me, there won't be too many extras purchased.
At last year's relocation, I added extras. This year, I improved the locations of my aquisitions to my satisfaction. This means that unless they tell me I can add a seat in 112 to my account, I'm sticking with what I have.

2. It's a fact that waiting lists are not composed of people who are ready to buy when they get the opportunity. When the Platinum list members are contacted, they will be asked if they are interested in additional tickets at this time.
If the answer is yes, they will be contacted at a later date with their options.
It's my estimation that no more than 70% of the people contacted will respond that they want to add more at this time.
Of those that respond, a high % of them will not be offered what they are looking for(wrong section/higher price point), and will likely decline the opportunity.

This will leave a high % of the available seats for the Gold List.

The total number of seats that are available is approximately 800.
Even if the Gold list members who do get contacted each take pairs, there will be a few hundred people looked after this year!

The last thing that I can add - there may be a new cap on the max # of seats in you account. Currently the number is 6 - this may be lowered.

olegunnar
10-22-2008, 01:12 PM
Thanks for the info

Any idea on the time frames for the process? So I can keep an eye on my e-mail.

Any idea if the Gold listers will buy seats over the phone or at BMO?

JDG
10-22-2008, 01:20 PM
There should be an email sent out soon, but I think they are still working on the details to be included.
As for the process, I'm not sure about whether it'll be over the phone or not.

Primavera
10-22-2008, 01:45 PM
...The last thing that I can add - there may be a new cap on the max # of seats in you account. Currently the number is 6 - this may be lowered.

I have a friend who has 7.

...perhaps it's time TFC did a Season Ticket holder account audit.
:hulk:
(couldn't resist using ^^)

Toronto Ruffrider
10-22-2008, 01:49 PM
I have a friend who has 7.

...perhaps it's time TFC did a Season Ticket holder account audit.
(couldn't resist using ^^)

Haha, that's a pretty kick-ass emoticon! Seriously, I think the cap on season tickets per person is something that is/will be grandfathered in. In essence, anyone who currently holds more than the allotted maximum will get to keep their tickets, but they won't be allowed to buy any additional ones.

King Jeff
10-22-2008, 01:55 PM
Thanks for the info

Any idea on the time frames for the process? So I can keep an eye on my e-mail.

Any idea if the Gold listers will buy seats over the phone or at BMO?

I got the following e-mail from my rep today:

None of our Half season ticket holders received renewal information yet
We expect to have more information by the beginning of November on the dates for renewing or upgrading to a full season ticket package
Odds are you will not be keeping the same seats but we will be able to go through the inventory when the appointments start

The last answer was a response to whether I could stay in the same seat/section if I got a half-season pack again next year.

Toronto Ruffrider
10-22-2008, 01:55 PM
There should be an email sent out soon, but I think they are still working on the details to be included.
As for the process, I'm not sure about whether it'll be over the phone or not.

Thanks for keeping tabs on this subject, JDG. A lot of supporters on this board, myself included, have heard dick-all over the phone or through our e-mail recently. At the end of the day, here's hoping that as many people as possible on this board, whether on the platinum list or the gold list, pick up season seats.:D

egoodwin
10-22-2008, 02:37 PM
Say you joined the Red list in say month 1, and another person joined the red list in month 4
The other person joins the gold list in month 5, and you join the gold list in month 6

who has higher priority on the gold list, you, who's been on the wait list longer, or the other person who has been on the wait list shorter but quicker onto gold?

JDG
10-22-2008, 02:42 PM
Say you joined the Red list in say month 1, and another person joined the red list in month 4
The other person joins the gold list in month 5, and you join the gold list in month 6

who has higher priority on the gold list, you, who's been on the wait list longer, or the other person who has been on the wait list shorter but quicker onto gold?

It's sorted by list first, and within the lists it's sorted by inception date.

Primavera
10-22-2008, 02:58 PM
I had a conversation with a person in ticketing this afternoon and he told me that a message will be going out in the next 24 hours to waiting list members (my understanding is ALL three waiting lists) explaining what will be happening in the coming weeks.

Here's a little background: As many of you know, last year when ST holders had their relocation event they were also able to purchase additional seats (In other words, it was only one event.)

This year TFC decided to split the relocation event and the additional seat purchase into two separate events. This decision was made AFTER the message was sent to Gold List Members telling them that they would have their chance at STs after the relocation event. That explains the unfortunate message sent out to Gold List Members. Apparently the message that will be sent in the near future will explain this mixup in a "transparent" way.

A few other interesting points:

1. TFC is moving towards a numbered waiting list and making people's position on the list known to them (...this won't happen this year...) It will still be based on "inception date" but the numbering system will actually mean something to people who do not work in TFC Ticketing.

2. Reinforcing what has already been mentioned in a few other messages in this thread and others, there will be more ST available to the Gold List this year compared to last year.

3. TFC is still in the process of reassigning customers to Ticketing Reps. (I am still in limbo.)

Erkan16
10-22-2008, 08:00 PM
i am on the red list and was offered a chance to purchase half season seats with a specific time and date to call... but like a fool i didnt call because i knew i was not going to be able to go to any of the games.

looking back... i should have bought the seats anyway. i think the email said something like $280/7 games/ticket. something like that. now im waiting nervously hoping to get that oppertunity again because i CAN go to all the games next year! :)

King Jeff
10-23-2008, 09:57 AM
I'm assuming a number of us just received this e-mail:

Hi there Jeff,
We wanted to send you a quick update with what is happening in the front office with regards to ticket sales.
The renewal period has officially come to a close and we are happy to say that we have renewed over 95% of our season seat holders. Last week we concluded our three day season seat holder relocation event, and we are now focusing on our new season ticket campaign.
Since our last communication with you, a few minor processes have changed. Most importantly, this year, we did not allow current season ticket holders to purchase additional seats at the relocation event.
What does that mean?
This November we will offer a fixed number of full season tickets to the PLATINUM list as additional seats, while holding back the remaining season tickets for you, the GOLD waiting list. This process was designed to ensure that we have a significant amount of “graduation” off the Gold waiting list. It's important to all of us that there is movement from the gold waiting list to full season seats each year. Of course, in any given year, the actual number of seats available will be related to the renewal rate.
As always, tickets will be offered to you based upon the date you originally purchased your ticket package. We’ll keep you informed throughout the process, and although the timelines aren’t yet fixed, we hope to contact you with more details shortly.

redcard
10-23-2008, 10:17 AM
thats got to put a smile on the gold waiting list folks!

Toronto Ruffrider
10-23-2008, 10:23 AM
It put a smile on my face!:D

olegunnar
10-23-2008, 10:32 AM
It might if and when I get this e-mail.
No dice yet.
Although I got the pre-game e-mail for the Fire game on Sunday, so maybe I'll get this e-mail in a few days.

Miko
10-23-2008, 11:04 AM
No dice for me yet either.

I wonder if the email is going out by the date you joined the list?

I got on the Gold list in Oct, last year.

King Jeff
10-23-2008, 11:18 AM
It might if and when I get this e-mail.
No dice yet.
Although I got the pre-game e-mail for the Fire game on Sunday, so maybe I'll get this e-mail in a few days.

Ironically, I never received the e-mail you quoted on Page 2. It always seems to be a bit of a lottery. I'm sure we're all a bit worried that we'll miss our Season Ticket e-mails :(

Toronto Ruffrider
10-23-2008, 11:59 AM
I got my e-mail earlier this morning, but I don't know if that's any indication of waiting list status, seeing as how I get other e-mails from TFC early enough. FWIW, I bought my first half-season pack on October 17 of last year.

rdroze
10-23-2008, 12:08 PM
I'm on the gold list, and I haven't received that email.

And now looking back at my mail history it appears that I haven't received any email whatsoever from TFC since early August. Now I'm getting worried...

olegunnar
10-23-2008, 12:17 PM
I got my e-mail earlier this morning, but I don't know if that's any indication of waiting list status, seeing as how I get other e-mails from TFC early enough. FWIW, I bought my first half-season pack on October 17 of last year.

You beat me by a day.

If I recall correctly the Marlie offer came out in early October...and it took me til the 18th (and a couple of almost buys on ticketmaster) to give in and buy marlie and 226 tickets.

Now my "they made you buy Marlie tickets? that's bad!" friends are jealous red listers.

Miko
10-23-2008, 12:28 PM
You beat me by a day.

If I recall correctly the Marlie offer came out in early October...and it took me til the 18th (and a couple of almost buys on ticketmaster) to give in and buy marlie and 226 tickets.

Now my "they made you buy Marlie tickets? that's bad!" friends are jealous red listers.

I was October 17th as well (the classic MLSE extortion pack).

There seems to be no rhyme or reason to how the emails go out

BuSaPuNk
10-23-2008, 12:31 PM
I hoping to just get my hands on a half season pack this year. When abouts do they announce that for next year??

Stencils
10-23-2008, 12:35 PM
Before the storm starts about who does and doesn't get an opportunity to buy tickets, I want to say good luck to everyone! Platinum, Gold, Red, Indigo, Carbon Grey, whatever.

Suds
10-23-2008, 12:42 PM

Correct. The original offer was for the All Seasons Pack in October.

Here's a portion of that email:

The All Seasons Sports Pack is your exclusive opportunity to Experience The Passion of Toronto Marlies hockey at Ricoh Coliseum and feel the floors shake at BMO Field with Toronto FC.

Purchase your All Seasons Sports Pack before October 15 and you can enjoy an eighth Toronto Marlies game on us next Saturday, October 20th when Ricoh Coliseum goes red for Toronto FC Night. Your October 20th Marlies ticket also gets you into the pre-game Tailgate Party and BBQ at BMO Field. Be one of the first 3,000 fans through the doors of Ricoh Coliseum and receive a free Marlies / FC reversible toque.

Then in November they offer the Half Season along with the All Season Again

Here is that email:

Toronto FC is about to announce a sell out of Full Season ticket packages for 2008. With that said, as a member of the Red Waiting List we wanted to offer you first crack at the final ticket packages before they go on sale to the general public.
We will be starting a week long onsale beginning Monday, November 12th at 2:00 PM.

Ticket options for next season are:
1. Half Season Package (150 packages available): Eastern and Western Conference, 7 game packages will include 5 teams from their respective conferences as well as 2 additional MLS premium matches. These packages are located in the medium grey price point, specifically in sections 120 and 126. The price for this Package is $226/seat. Specific matches will be announced once the 2008 schedule is released in late February.
2. All Seasons Sports Package (500 packages available): This package includes 7 games to the Toronto Marlies 07/08 season as well as 7 games to the 2008 Toronto FC Season. The TFC portion of this package is located in the light grey price and medium grey price points specifically in sections 226, 219, and 110 while the Marlies games will be in the "side" price point. The price for this package starts at only $280/seat for all 14 games!
Neither the Half Season Packages nor the All Season Sports Package will include the L.A. Galaxy match.
Similar to last year, those who purchase either a Half Season or an All Seasons Sports Package will be upgraded to the Gold waiting list for 2008.

So here's my guess on how the Gold List may break down:

1st - Purchasers half-season packs the inaugural season
2nd - Purchasers of All Season Packs offered last October
3rd / 4th- Purchasers of Half Season & All Season offered last November (my guess is the 150 Half Season went first but some may have bought the All Season Pack)
5th - Purchasers of Concacaf or other promos to upgrade to Gold.

King Jeff
10-23-2008, 12:58 PM
I wonder how many of the "All Seasons" package holders would agree to doing that again this year...

Toronto Ruffrider
10-23-2008, 01:13 PM
I wonder how many of the "All Seasons" package holders would agree to doing that again this year...

That depends. I hate being extorted, but there was a glitch in the "All Seasons" package that worked to my benefit last year.;) I believe I have Soods to thank for tipping me off.

Soods
10-23-2008, 01:17 PM
Nah....not me :)

olegunnar
10-23-2008, 01:28 PM
Bastardos!

BakaGaijin
10-23-2008, 02:07 PM
That depends. I hate being extorted, but there was a glitch in the "All Seasons" package that worked to my benefit last year.;) I believe I have Soods to thank for tipping me off.

I posted the "glitch" on this forum. I went to the relocation/purchase event last year and when nothing was available for my friends I checked out link to the sports packs and that's when I noticed the "glitch".

I notified some friends who ended up buying those tickets. I am really surprised that more people on this forum did not take advantage of those "discounted" Marlies tickets. lol.

The best was when the Marlies called my friends and tried to ask them for money.........they got a big "who are ya!"
:D

Toronto Ruffrider
10-23-2008, 02:13 PM
I posted the "glitch" on this forum. I went to the relocation/purchase event last year and when nothing was available for my friends I checked out link to the sports packs and that's when I noticed the "glitch".

I notified some friends who ended up buying those tickets. I am really surprised that more people on this forum did not take advantage of those "discounted" Marlies tickets. lol.

The best was when the Marlies called my friends and tried to ask them for money.........they got a big "who are ya!"
:D

Classic moments. You sir are in the ticket-buying Hall of Fame!:D