PDA

View Full Version : No 90th Minute this year!

canadian_bhoy
10-16-2008, 10:19 AM
Disappointed to hear that there will not be a "90th Minute" end of year party for the supporters this season.

IMO, this was the best event that TFC threw last season and it is a shame that it will not be happening this year.

It was without a doubt the best event for an average sports fan in Toronto to get REAL access to players on the team that they support and pour money into.

No official reason as to why this event isn't happening (I hear it's because Mo Edu won't be there for me to whoop him at FIFA) but I'd say that this is a close second (next to the table results) as the most disappointing thing to happen all year.

Thought's? Comments?

flatpicker
10-16-2008, 10:39 AM
well, O'Brien isn't around for me to whoop on the foos table again...
But I wouldn't have minded having a go at Wynne on the table top pitch to see if his hands are as quick as his feet.

The Kingpin
10-16-2008, 10:44 AM
Well we all know how I feel about these types of things. You/me are all sold in and seasons tickets were at a 95% renewal rate, so now they can start stripping the perks that made them popular for added profit. Why spend added cash unnecessarily. I could go on as you all know, but it will generally fall on deaf ears. More will be stripped from you over time I can assure you, and then Paul will come on the boards to placate the situation and then everyone will talk about how he is "Pure Class". Business first. You are seen as a dollar sign and nothing else, it's about profit, plain and simple.

GabrielHurl
10-16-2008, 10:46 AM
what have they to celebrate?

canadian_bhoy
10-16-2008, 10:49 AM

Nothing to do with celebrating - the event should be about thanking the fans for their support over a dissapointing season - giving people an opportunity to meet the players, coaches etc.

The supporters groups are somewhat blessed in that they have had more access to the club and players than the average fan. But there are others whose only chance to see TFC players is on a Saturday afternoon.

IMO - there's more reason to have it this year than there was last year.

The Kingpin
10-16-2008, 10:51 AM

Really it's not about celebrating, it's about access to the players and the team in general. It is an opportunity to get up and close and get an inside look at the players and their personality. It's what made the team special. First they stripped all media credentials from fans who helped build every level of support and now they take away more access. The red shades are coming off... Just my thoughts anyway. I think C_B posted this just to draw my ire.

canadian_bhoy
10-16-2008, 10:56 AM
How come they didn't scrap the $200 "Kickoff" party this year?

(I'm actually only bringing this up so that I can make fun of the fashion show...again).

SWM-fNJ1dO8

werewolf
10-16-2008, 10:59 AM
I probably wouldn't have gone to this again. It was fun for last year, but over and over again, its just not worth it. I think I am still seeing spots from all the flash bulbs when I blink, and I bet I signed a few autographs...great 99cent tacos for food as well...

The Kingpin
10-16-2008, 10:59 AM

(I'm actually only bringing this up so that I can make fun of the fashion show...again).

SWM-fNJ1dO8

Always will love that film...

CB you're going to start to sound like a "conspiracy theorist" like me. I'm Crazy!!! Crazy for conspiracies...

Carts
10-16-2008, 11:07 AM
I'm pissed...

I had a great time at last years event and was looking forward to going again this year...

I truly hope this is not the end of doing things for us as a simple thank you...

I'd love to hear the official reason for no event - and then I'd love to hear the real reason for no event...

Carts...

Parkdale
10-16-2008, 11:31 AM

how about this video:

jIdHQNDrBoo

I think it's a shame they aren't doing the 90th Minute party.
I really enjoyed myself last year, and for $50, it really wasn't a big deal.
Sure the kickoff party this year was a fair bit of cash, but it was OPEN BAR,
so I'm pretty sure it evened out in the end.

the best part about last year's party... the TOWER OF TACOS!!!!

oh, and when Flatsnatch gave Danny the flag all signed up by us.
Danny said he's keep it with his first professional jersey.

Rudi
10-16-2008, 11:44 AM
http://www.lasplash.com/uploads/1/chicken_little.jpg

If they only look at us as dollars as the marketing genius suggests, then why would they not hold this $50 per person event again?

Boris
10-16-2008, 11:46 AM
If they only look at us as dollars as the marketing genius suggests, then why would they not hold this $50 per person event again?

just my thought...but im a lonely programmer not a marketing genius :noidea:

FluSH
10-16-2008, 11:49 AM
Disappointed to hear that there will not be a "90th Minute" end of year party for the supporters this season.

IMO, this was the best event that TFC threw last season and it is a shame that it will not be happening this year.

It was without a doubt the best event for an average sports fan in Toronto to get REAL access to players on the team that they support and pour money into.

No official reason as to why this event isn't happening (I hear it's because Mo Edu won't be there for me to whoop him at FIFA) but I'd say that this is a close second (next to the table results) as the most disappointing thing to happen all year.

Thought's? Comments?

Blame the Credit Crunch... this is the equivilant of TFC FO saying... "There will be no Christmas Party this year".

JonO
10-16-2008, 11:53 AM
Disappointing - I wasn't able to make it last year and was looking forward to it this year...

alexintoronto
10-16-2008, 11:54 AM
No one really thinks it COST them money do they? They would make money off this I'm sure. So maybe not having it shows they care about more than just money. They care about MoJo's safety :)

zeelaw
10-16-2008, 11:59 AM
I wanted to race Johan and Marvell. :(

KrazyKanadian
10-16-2008, 11:59 AM
You people want access to the players? Try going on a road trip once in a while.

Parkdale
10-16-2008, 12:03 PM
You people want access to the players? Try going on a road trip once in a while.

shhhhh. I thought we were keeping that to ourselves.

CoachGT
10-16-2008, 12:06 PM
Disappointing - I wasn't able to make it last year and was looking forward to it this year...

Me too - I was hoping to go!

Whoop
10-16-2008, 12:06 PM
Hell you even have access to players on other teams!

Heckling Shit Bull players at the hotel. Priceless.

Parkdale
10-16-2008, 12:09 PM
Hell you even have access to players on other teams!

Heckling Shit Bull players at the hotel. Priceless.

Last year, Angel was signing autographs, and he turned to me thinking I wanted one. I just shook my head at him. DENIED!

TFC_Junky
10-16-2008, 12:19 PM
It is too bad that the event isn't happening again. Playing foos with O'brien and Dunivant was awesome! It was an awesome event to interact with the players...

AL-MO
10-16-2008, 12:21 PM
Not sure if I could attend again, but for the fan that is not a part of a SG this is disappointing.

alexintoronto
10-16-2008, 12:24 PM
Not sure if I could attend again, but for the fan that is not a part of a SG this is disappointing.
why?

canadian_bhoy
10-16-2008, 12:25 PM
No one really thinks it COST them money do they? They would make money off this I'm sure. So maybe not having it shows they care about more than just money. They care about MoJo's safety :)

To the best of my knoledge, last year they barely broke even on the event.

As for the road trips - not everyone has the luxury of being able to spend at least $200 a pop 5 or 6 times over the season. I could barely afford the 2 that I made it to this year.

Barbarez
10-16-2008, 12:27 PM
This kinda thing should be free anyway. It's the least the club could do for it's fans.

Mrs. Workie
10-16-2008, 12:29 PM

Because not everyone has the means to afford to go on road trips like you do.

$400, $50- that's a big difference.

Red CB Toronto
10-16-2008, 12:29 PM
Where did you hear that? Anyways I went last year and it was a good time.

KrazyKanadian
10-16-2008, 12:47 PM
Because not everyone has the means to afford to go on road trips like you do.

$400, $50- that's a big difference.

Trips don't cost $400. Split a car and a hotel room four-ways, and your weekend costs $150 at the most.

The point is, people don't have to wait all year for a party to go meet the team. There were 16 chances on the road to do so this year, and 8 of those were drivable and very affordable.

Parkdale
10-16-2008, 12:50 PM
The point is, people don't have to wait all year for a party to go meet the team.

totally agree with you there. There are lots of chances to meet the players, as many of them do community events around town. For road trips, they can be as cheap as you want them to be. Hell.... hop the greyhound and stay in a hostel, then stake out the airport like a stalker.

Mrs. Workie
10-16-2008, 12:50 PM
Trips don't cost $400. Split a car and a hotel room four-ways, and your weekend costs $150 at the most.

The point is, people don't have to wait all year for a party to go meet the team. There were 16 chances on the road to do so this year, and 8 of those were drivable and very affordable.

Still $150 is a lot for some people.

And my point is, the 90th minute party is a great opportunity for those who can't make road trips.

It's s shame there won't be one this year. I missed out last year, and was looking forward to this year's...

Ladies Love Julius James
10-16-2008, 12:51 PM
Agreed $150 is not easy and I say this after going to MTL and blowing a tonne on Canada

stretchthetruth
10-16-2008, 12:51 PM

how does one have access to players on road trips? I've been on 2 - and i'd genuinely like to know so i dont miss out!!!

Parkdale
10-16-2008, 12:54 PM
And my point is, the 90th minute party is a great opportunity for those who can't make road trips.

very true. I was looking forward to the party myself, even though I've met enough players already.

oh, and then there's that thing, you know the thing, that will be AWESOME, but we're not openly talking about yet. You know. :cool:

Roogsy
10-16-2008, 12:55 PM
^ Yeah Charlie...not sure what the away trips have to do with anything. I've been on 5 myself and I have yet to meet a player. I have however met the broadcasters Nigel, Craig and Gerry and writer Ben. But no players. And if you have, I would say it's the exception not the rule.

Barbarez
10-16-2008, 12:58 PM
been on a few myself and unless you stalk them and look like a complete fucking loser ur not going to just run into them.

KrazyKanadian
10-16-2008, 01:01 PM
how does one have access to players on road trips? I've been on 2 - and i'd genuinely like to know so i dont miss out!!!

^ Yeah Charlie...not sure what the away trips have to do with anything. I've been on 5 myself and I have yet to meet a player. I have however met the broadcasters Nigel, Craig and Gerry and writer Ben. But no players. And if you have, I would say it's the exception not the rule.

It's no secret and is super easy... just go to the team bus after the match. There's always an area where they load up and are very open to chatting with fans and signing autographs. You simply have to do it and not fly off to the pub right away. 3 of the last 5 trips I went on, I took the time to do it, and it cost me nothing but a little time.

And to Mel and Sparkles, I am disappointed too about not having a party, but that's because I'm like the Venga Boys. I'm just offering many many available opportunities to pick from, if the only reason someone wants this party is to meet our boys. Even if they can only afford to pick one trip, the entire experience is well worth it.

been on a few myself and unless you stalk them and look like a complete fucking loser ur not going to just run into them.

Fuck off.

alexintoronto
10-16-2008, 01:02 PM
I think the correct term is "Charlie" them :)

Roogsy
10-16-2008, 01:03 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure that has anything to do with being on an "away" trip as much as it is making an effort to meet the players at home or away. You could do the same here in Toronto after a game as well...or even after a practice.

I think the disappointment comes from the fact that we won't be able to "party" with the players, which is altogether different from them passing by on their way to their hotel.

Rudi
10-16-2008, 01:09 PM
We randomly ran into a bunch of players in Columbus at the bar we were at.

No one was stalking the players yet it did happen, and they approached us, thanking us for our support before heading off to do their own thing.

It does happen, albeit seldomly, despite what the intelligentsia will have you believe.

stretchthetruth
10-16-2008, 01:11 PM
someone once told me to limit personal contact with the players - just in case you end up thinking they're a douche... that way you maintain that mystique that comes from only admiring them on the pitch... that said, i wouldnt mind going to a 90th minute party - i also missed out last year...

The Kingpin
10-16-2008, 01:11 PM

:rolleyes: Why? Why did you have to pose your response this way? I was only stating an opinion... You know your profession, and I know mine.

Why? :noidea: You didn't speak to me this way when I was storing your things in my car in New York... Grow up.

Roogsy
10-16-2008, 01:12 PM
Would it be accurate then when I said "the exception instead of the rule"?

I mean...Charlie basically said if you want to meet a player, go on a road trip.

Shit...I could've met a TFC player in Beijing if I got lucky...not exactly why I went to the Olympics though...

Parkdale
10-16-2008, 01:12 PM
I think the disappointment comes from the fact that we won't be able to "party" with the players...

sorry... but if that's how the players "party"...

the party last year at the madison was good fun too.
I forget what the point of the thing was, but it was fun
to have Kenny Stamotoplous walk in on his own, look around like a lost dog,
and then look so relieved when I went up to chat with him. I swear guy was
thinking that they gave him the wrong address or something. Good laughs.

oh, and our pals at usector highjacking the event was funny too.
I think they bought like $300 worth of raffle tickets so they could win every prize.

Parkdale
10-16-2008, 01:14 PM
:rolleyes: Why? Why did you have to pose your response this way? I was only stating an opinion... You know your profession, and I know mine.

Why? :noidea: You didn't speak to me this way when I was storing your things in my car in New York... Grow up.

hahaha.... something about taking the heat in the kitchen comes to mind.

rudi was making a joke, take it for what it is. Simply some good natured ribbing.

I'm laughing about it.

Boris
Would it be accurate then when I said "the exception instead of the rule"?

I mean...Charlie basically said if you want to meet a player, go on a road trip.

Shit...I could've met a TFC player in Beijing if I got lucky...not exactly why I went to the Olympics though...

jesus christ...thats not what he said....
some people really need to just chill and take things tongue and cheek

kelzag
I agree with KK, it's really quite simple to see the players on road trips and I've never been regarded as a stalker (that I know of).

I was told at my relocation appt today that there won't be a 90th min due to the Supporters. Apparently, it was relayed to the FO that we didn't having anything to celebrate and therefore did not want the party.

Don't know about anyone else, but I wasn't asked. Had a GREAT time last year and would have loved to attended this year.

werewolf
10-16-2008, 01:15 PM
Road trips? after season parties?

Just wait outside Gate 4 after the game, its free, the only thing is cost is 30 mins longer until you get another beer.

And there had been numerous promotional appearances around the GTA this season.

Boris
10-16-2008, 01:16 PM
at the end of the day...this isnt about when you get to see layers...this is about the fact that THIS year there is no 90th minute party.

Barbarez
10-16-2008, 01:16 PM
The intelligentsia are speaking from experience, having been on more road trips than most, personally I have never run into any players. If you're going to an away game, Columbus would be your best bet to run into players as there isn't many pubs/clubs to go out to.

Rudi
10-16-2008, 01:18 PM

Time passes, things happen, opinions change. You're right though, I will refrain from further banter like this on this board.

My point still stands though, if they were only interested in money, a few hundred (possibly thousand? Wegz is a pretty big place) people pay $50 a pop would be too easy to pass up on.

KrazyKanadian
Here, in point form:

-No 90th Minute party
-People are disappointed
-Some are disappointed because they want to meet players
-Opportunities to meet players abound: Home games, road games, practices, appearances at retail stores

Roogsy
jesus christ...thats not what he said....
some people really need to just chill and take things tongue and cheek

I wonder why I got that impression?

And why do I need to chill? Do I sound angry? :D

Mrs. Workie
10-16-2008, 01:19 PM
Kel, are you for real?

We didn't have anything to celebrate last year either, but it was still well received and much appreciated.

Boris
10-16-2008, 01:20 PM
I wonder why I got that impression?

And why do I need to chill? Do I sound angry? :D

no no...i just know how things can get ;)

The Kingpin
10-16-2008, 01:21 PM

rudi was making a joke, take it for what it is. Simply some good natured ribbing.

I'm laughing about it.

Sorry, I didn't see the smilies. And you know, Rudi has always had awesome things to say... Sorry if I didn't catch it. Move on, you know best. You are the all knowing... :D:D:D < see these!!!

alexintoronto
10-16-2008, 01:22 PM
This thread has it all. Even KrazyKanadian is swearing!

AL-MO
10-16-2008, 01:22 PM
why?

As CB said in a previous post, the SG's have more access to the club and players anyways.

This was the one chance that a casual fan could go out have a good time, and meet the players that he/she has paid to watch the whole season.

The Kingpin
10-16-2008, 01:23 PM
Kel, are you for real?

We didn't have anything to celebrate last year either, but it was still well received and much appreciated.

Anyway, back on point. As was said VERY early, it's not about celebration... It's about appreciation. And well... the lack there of.... Mel brings up an excellent point... As did Mike X2 and myself.

olegunnar
Road trips? after season parties?

Just wait outside Gate 4 after the game, its free, the only thing is cost is 30 mins longer until you get another beer.

And there had been numerous promotional appearances around the GTA this season.

Unfortunately for many RPBs, your options are alcohol free options.

Rudi
oh, and our pals at usector highjacking the event was funny too.
I think they bought like $300 worth of raffle tickets so they could win every prize.
LOL! The money was for charity, so why not, right?

I'm laughing about it.
Bingo.

Roogsy
The intelligentsia are speaking from experience, having been on more road trips than most, personally I have never run into any players. If you're going to an away game, Columbus would be your best bet to run into players as there isn't many pubs/clubs to go out to.

LOL! Post of the day. Columbus was indeed a craphole...

Parkdale
10-16-2008, 01:24 PM
casual fan

Who you calling a "casual fan' ????

trying to take this thread to the next level of goofy

TeeOhRedz
10-16-2008, 01:25 PM
Any word if they will be doing the December Pub Crawl again?

Mrs. Workie
10-16-2008, 01:26 PM
Why don't we have our own 90th minute party!

We'll all get drunk at a bar, then drunk dial Greg Sutton and Jimmy B!

KrazyKanadian
10-16-2008, 01:26 PM
This thread has it all. Even KrazyKanadian is swearing!

That's what I get for stupidly venturing back into the main forum.

The Kingpin
10-16-2008, 01:27 PM
Here, in point form:

-No 90th Minute party
-People are disappointed
-Some are disappointed because they want to meet players
-Opportunities to meet players abound: Home games, road games, practices, appearances at retail stores

Point missed. It's an appreciation night. I personally do not like to approach a player unless it's a sanctioned event. It is not my belief (and many others) that a player should always be accessible.

Parkdale
10-16-2008, 01:28 PM
Why don't we have our own 90th minute party!

We'll all get drunk at a bar, then drunk dial Greg Sutton and Jimmy B!

you have their numbers? I'm not surprised.

oh.... and on the subject of parties...... HINT HINT HINT

(Registered RPB's, check the thread called "PARTY PARTY PARTY")

canadian_bhoy
10-16-2008, 01:29 PM
Any word if they will be doing the December Pub Crawl again?

Haven't heard anything. Although, given that the 08 pub crawls were done in conjunction with team sponsor Jack Astors, I would expect to see them happen again.

If you want to get into the pub crawl talk - personally, I preferred the 2007 pub crawls which were much more community oriented than this years version (though I don't blame them...its hard to justify going to the Duke when Jack's is your sponsor and have a bar down the street)

The Kingpin
10-16-2008, 01:32 PM
you have their numbers? I'm not surprised.

oh.... and on the subject of parties...... HINT HINT HINT

(Registered RPB's, check the thread called "PARTY PARTY PARTY")

Now Michael. This is great for RPB's but what about future RPB's better known as "casual fans"? :noidea:
:)

KrazyKanadian
10-16-2008, 01:33 PM
I personally do not like to approach a player unless it's a sanctioned event. It is not my belief (and many others) that a player should always be accessible.

They're just people, Pat, not deities.

Boris
10-16-2008, 01:36 PM
Now Michael. This is great for RPB's but what about future RPB's better known as "casual fans"? :noidea:

go to an autograph signing or the many events throughout the year...just a thought

Roogsy
10-16-2008, 01:38 PM

LMAO!

New post of the day!

I am easily swayed.

Parkdale
10-16-2008, 01:40 PM

they can come out to any other event we do. Like the march this weekend, proximity permitting.

this one, is a 'thank you' event, and thanks come after participation.

The Kingpin
10-16-2008, 01:43 PM

Honestly Charlie, I do understand what you are saying. And I have met many of the players when I was dealing with the club through RPB liaise meetings etc. This is not my point, when "off duty" if you will, I personally think it's respectful to let them have their own social existence without myself or anyone else bothering them. Some players don't mind, many won't tell you that they do. I was shopping and Carl Robinson was with his wife and child, there is no way I'll say anything. It is his personal time. Anytime outside of a promotion and on the playing field is a players personal time.

Working in Radio and promotions for so long, you find out how the "fan" consistently overreaches their bounds, thus I think an event like this placates the situation and allows for interpersonal interaction in a socially constructive way. It is this scaffolding that I'm talking about in conjunction with general appreciation for the supporters who have advanced the careers of Cesar and Paul. Just my thoughts, but I appreciate your insights.

Roogsy
10-16-2008, 01:44 PM
^Yeah...but they are not so huge that they never get a moment's peace. They're not Brad and Angeline.

Some of them actually enjoy a little notoriety, a little fame. Being recognized a little might be good for their confidence rather than never being noticed at all.

Especially when it comes to the ladies. Maybe not so much for 30 year old guys. :D

The Kingpin
10-16-2008, 01:46 PM
they can come out to any other event we do. Like the march this weekend, proximity permitting.

this one, is a 'thank you' event, and thanks come after participation.

Have you invited them via the TFC season ticket e-blast list?

Technorgasm
10-16-2008, 01:46 PM
what? what?

. . . . in the butt

Parkdale
10-16-2008, 01:48 PM
Have you invited them via the TFC season ticket e-blast list?

actually, not yet.

I'm getting a general take on numbers first and putting the word out at the venue first. As much as the 'thing' is open to all members, it's also being put on as a 'thank you for your patronage' that should go to actual patrons (who are RPB's) before it goes out to everyone. I'm sure you understand that.

Barbarez
10-16-2008, 01:50 PM
You're having a party to thank your members (employees)???

Parkdale
10-16-2008, 01:50 PM
what? what?

. . . . in the butt

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee162/mdanielsen3/butters.jpg

Boris
10-16-2008, 01:51 PM

yeah,
we get to talk stock options and what not

KrazyKanadian
... I was shopping and Carl Robinson was with his wife and child, there is no way I'll say anything. It is his personal time. Anytime outside of a promotion and on the playing field is a players personal time.....

Okay, this is a completely different situation then. It sounded like you meant they shouldn't be approached after games/practices on the way to their car or bus. If I see a player out shopping, the most I'll do is give him a nod or smile and move on. That's just being polite.

Parkdale

yep.

but enough about that.

flatpicker
10-16-2008, 01:53 PM
Parky... you are a good guy who goes that extra mile for all RPB... thanks...

But is there any truth to the rumour I heard that you have a perverted love for gerbils,
and that you dress them up in little Red Bull uniforms?

Red Rat
10-16-2008, 01:55 PM
yeah,
we get to talk stock options and what not
and who will get the bigger office.

The Kingpin
10-16-2008, 01:55 PM
actually, not yet.

I'm getting a general take on numbers first and putting the word out at the venue first. As much as the 'thing' is open to all members, it's also being put on as a 'thank you for your patronage' that should go to actual patrons (who are RPB's) before it goes out to everyone. I'm sure you understand that.

Yep. I certainly do. But that's all Joe's will hold, is members less than totality. The 90 min. is for everyone, and that is all anyone is saying here. It's the personal vendetta's that puts things out of whack, it's the essence of what many are saying that rings true. The club is slowly stripping the fringe benefits and it's appreciation for the things people like yourself and many who have frittered away have done. It's too bad, that is all.

Technorgasm
10-16-2008, 01:56 PM
I missed the 90 minparty, and was looking fwd to actually attending.

it was joked about that we would go and give the guys report cards

. . as offside and rude as that sounds. . I bet it would be a lot of fun

(why do I find it so hard to actually contribute to the conversation within threads in the TFC forum? huh? why?)

. . you wanna do it in my butt? in my butt?

Boris
10-16-2008, 01:57 PM
and who will get the bigger office.

dibs on the window view

Red Rat
10-16-2008, 01:57 PM
dibs on the window view
Don't forget the keys to the sauna.

mlsintoronto
10-16-2008, 01:58 PM
we're not canceling Christmas! Last season we were completely out of the playoffs and were able to schedule the party effectively. This year (and in future years) when we are still vying for a playoff spot it is more challenging to schedule - because parties mid week are not what you want to be doing during playoffs. Instead we decided to put our focus on an event that will happen a little later in November or early December. Stay tuned for details on that. Also don't forget you can see your friends the players at our pub crawl evenings this fall. Those ones are the best, smallest, and cost the least.

King Tut
10-16-2008, 01:58 PM

Agreed!

flatpicker
10-16-2008, 02:00 PM
mlsintoronto brings a sense of calm over the RPB forum...
Party time approaches!!!

mlsintoronto is picking up the tab as well... thanks buddy!

stretchthetruth
10-16-2008, 02:01 PM
we're not canceling Christmas! Last season we were completely out of the playoffs and were able to schedule the party effectively. This year (and in future years) when we are still vying for a playoff spot it is more challenging to schedule - because parties mid week are not what you want to be doing during playoffs. Instead we decided to put our focus on an event that will happen a little later in November or early December. Stay tuned for details on that. Also don't forget you can see your friends the players at our pub crawl evenings this fall. Those ones are the best, smallest, and cost the least.

ahhh finally - i saw you lurking down there in the "currently viewing" area...

december? Toronto FC polar bear dip!!!

Parkdale
10-16-2008, 02:03 PM
okay.

there's the word from the man himself. Seems logical to me.

Moving forward.....

WHAT WHAT

The Kingpin
10-16-2008, 02:04 PM

Paul, you're "Pure Class". And placated. :)

Oh the magic wand you wave... :smash:

mlsintoronto
10-16-2008, 02:05 PM
It is this scaffolding that I'm talking about in conjunction with general appreciation for the supporters who have advanced the careers of Cesar and Paul.

Huh? name one supporter who has advanced my career with a scaffold. You can do most career advancing with a scissor-lift imo.
:D

rocker
10-16-2008, 02:06 PM
so this thread was started on speculation (no facts).... guess that's normal for the board!

flatpicker
Huh? name one supporter who has advanced my career with a scaffold. You can do most career advancing with a scissor-lift imo.

or a magic wand apparently!

KrazyKanadian
Damnit Paul, what do we argue about now that you've given us hope for a Christmas party?

;)

The Kingpin
10-16-2008, 02:09 PM

C'mon, you're an educated man (I assume).

Link: http://www.bgcenter.com/Scaffold.htm

;):)

Parkdale

How about advancing with a hot air baloon?

so this thread was started on speculation (no facts).... guess that's normal for the board!

Fact: there is no 90th Minute party like there was last year.
We've just been given confirmation on that fact by Paul.

Roogsy
Damnit Paul, what do we argue about now that you've given us hope for a Christmas party?

^We could always fall back on the tested and true "Who is a real supporter"???

OMG! :eek:

Can open...

Worms everywhere! :banghead:

Shaughno
10-16-2008, 02:10 PM

I can, Parkdale. :D

Toronto_Bhoy
CB…you wind up artist…4 fuckin' pages…

mlsintoronto

Jesus, did I say "Christmas"? I meant "Holiday".

mlsintoronto

golly. did I say "Jesus"? I meant "Jayziz"

Shaughno
10-16-2008, 02:11 PM
Jay Z's? There's more than one of him?

Boris

;)

we can argue that we spent x pages on this ...

:noidea:

Parkdale
I can, Parkdale. :D

no no... I broke into BMO field with a shoelace.
I have nothing to do with Scaffolds.

canadian_bhoy

Nope - it was based on fact.

Glad to hear that there will be something in Nov. or Dec. and am sincerly hoping that it will be similar in style, access and affordability to the 90th min from last year.

oh and in case no one has seen this - please no more fashion shows!

SWM-fNJ1dO8

H Bomb
10-16-2008, 02:12 PM
Jay Z's? There's more than one of him?

A new one for every time he retires :cool:

alexintoronto
10-16-2008, 02:17 PM
Cash Grab!

:canada:

canadian_bhoy
10-16-2008, 02:18 PM
golly. did I say "Jesus"? I meant "Jayziz"

OFFICIAL: You have been found guilty by the elders of the town of uttering the name of our Lord, and so, as a blasphemer,... CROWD: Ooooh! OFFICIAL: ...you are to be stoned to death. CROWD: Ahh!
vOdARZ3bs0k

Parkdale
10-16-2008, 02:19 PM
Cash Grab!

:canada:

shouldn't you be scalping raps tickets? ;)

ps. please send me my raps ticket.

mlsintoronto
10-16-2008, 02:20 PM
the event I mentioned will not be a team-mandatory event - some guys will have left Toronto by then..and will not be exactly like the 90th minute. It will just be different.

Kevvv
10-16-2008, 02:21 PM

Be honest, you were just itching to type titties.

The Kingpin
10-16-2008, 02:21 PM
the event I mentioned will not be a team-mandatory event - some guys will have left Toronto by then..and will not be exactly like the 90th minute. It will just be different.

Walk away really slowly... The cash grab comment is getting louder... :D

canadian_bhoy
10-16-2008, 02:23 PM

Will Carver and Mo have the old school bare knuckle boxing match that we were told would be included with our season tickets?

http://www.globalgallery.com/prod_images/cor-ht002213.jpg

sulfur
10-16-2008, 02:31 PM
^-- I already have video of that.

$20 gets you a viewing.

The Kingpin
10-16-2008, 02:34 PM
Will Carver and Mo have the old school bare knuckle boxing match that we were told would be included with our season tickets?

http://www.globalgallery.com/prod_images/cor-ht002213.jpg

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=mla2VxabR74

There are rules too!!!

Parkdale
10-16-2008, 02:39 PM
^ rules about point sideburns and tight pantaloons?

The Kingpin
10-16-2008, 02:42 PM
Why I odda!!! :)

Shaughno
10-16-2008, 02:53 PM
CHOPS Parky, they're called chops. ;)

http://www.sillyjokes.co.uk/images/dress-up/beards/mutton-chops-big.jpg

Gobi
10-16-2008, 03:01 PM
Insanity! :willy_nilly:
Reading this thread feels like being trapped in a diving bell while trying to participate in a monkey knife fight on the moon.
WTF? :fluffy:
Paul says Party, we say Die? Wha?

Wake me up when it's over and I'll meet y'all at the pub. :D

Parkdale
10-16-2008, 03:02 PM
mutton chops are bushy, and clearly the gentlemen in that print have them groomed neatly.

a little TOO neatly if you ask me.

kelzag
10-16-2008, 03:04 PM
It will just be different.

j8cmWK1uRu4

canadian_bhoy
10-16-2008, 03:12 PM
Since we're all frat boys anyway - maybe we should all wear red toga's on Saturday! Toga! Toga!

kelzag
10-16-2008, 03:14 PM
Since we're all frat boys anyway - maybe we should all wear red toga's on Saturday! Toga! Toga!

"tell me when that breeze is blowin" right up your toga :p
Brrrrrrrrrr.

canadian_bhoy
10-16-2008, 03:22 PM
"tell me when that breeze is blowin" right up your toga :p
Brrrrrrrrrr.

http://www.wspd.wellington.net.nz/pipebands/Kilt.jpg

Velvet Elvis
10-16-2008, 03:38 PM
Insanity! :willy_nilly:
Reading this thread feels like being trapped in a diving bell while trying to participate in a monkey knife fight on the moon.
WTF? :fluffy:
Paul says Party, we say Die? Wha?

Wake me up when it's over and I'll meet y'all at the pub. :D

We don't do them on the moon anymore ... NASA funding isn't what it used to be :(

However, I am expecting a quote from Richard Branson (Virgin Galactic) ...

KrazyKanadian
10-16-2008, 04:10 PM
Titties.

Boris
10-16-2008, 04:12 PM
Titties.

what about them

GeorgeB
10-16-2008, 05:28 PM
id rather they have a party like this next year before the season starts.a lot of guys will be gone from this team in a month from now.

tfc007
10-17-2008, 05:33 AM
I went last year and enjoyed myself.MLSE is just starting to show their true colors,its all about the coin.The season was very frusterating as we know,this would be a great chance to put back some smiles on fans and supporters faces.MLSE is a bunch of greedy MOFOS.I Think we at RED PATCH should organize the party ourselves,I will give some of my time to help organize.We invited the players ours selves and leave the greedy suits at home.

Brooker
10-17-2008, 06:00 AM

with the money i spend on tickets for every home game i dont have much left to spend on tfc away games. well, maybe i do but it goes towards other things.

i'd also need a passport... i dont even have a drivers license. can't get into the states.

i dont care about meeting players im just jealous that it's easier 4u2 to go on road trips to cheer the boys on.

instead of looking down on people who dont road trip why dont u hide us in your trunk?

Pinkie
10-17-2008, 07:41 AM
Titties.
FREE THE TWINS

KrazyKanadian
10-17-2008, 07:42 AM
Sigh..I wasn't looking down on people who can't afford a bunch of trips. There are only so many times I can repeat my points and I'm not going to do it again.

Mrs. Workie
10-17-2008, 07:43 AM
FREE THE TWINS

I will if you do!!!

Parkdale
10-17-2008, 08:09 AM
^ where's my camera?

Cashcleaner
10-17-2008, 11:49 AM
No 90th minute party? That's weak. I don't see how it's a cash-saving move on the part of MLSE, though. I mean, at $50 a head, they would easily cover costs.

Roogsy
10-17-2008, 11:55 AM
:rofl:

Flush...is that you?

AL-MO
10-17-2008, 11:58 AM
I will if you do!!!

Just tell me when and where. :canada:

sulfur
10-17-2008, 12:01 PM
I'm so there! :D

starrynightnf
10-17-2008, 11:01 PM

hahahahahaha !! love it. :P

Bobo
10-18-2008, 09:25 AM
Well we all know how I feel about these types of things. You/me are all sold in and seasons tickets were at a 95% renewal rate, so now they can start stripping the perks that made them popular for added profit. Why spend added cash unnecessarily. I could go on as you all know, but it will generally fall on deaf ears. More will be stripped from you over time I can assure you, and then Paul will come on the boards to placate the situation and then everyone will talk about how he is "Pure Class". Business first. You are seen as a dollar sign and nothing else, it's about profit, plain and simple.

Ding ding!

Ask ML$E why there isn't one this year.

nascarguy
10-19-2008, 08:38 AM
^-- I already have video of that.

$20 gets you a viewing.
lol :canada:

AL-MO
10-19-2008, 09:17 PM
I went last year and enjoyed myself.MLSE is just starting to show their true colors,its all about the coin.The season was very frusterating as we know,this would be a great chance to put back some smiles on fans and supporters faces.MLSE is a bunch of greedy MOFOS.I Think we at RED PATCH should organize the party ourselves,I will give some of my time to help organize.We invited the players ours selves and leave the greedy suits at home.

If you read the thread, there is a party, just a bit different than last season.

And there is a RPB year end party already organized, but thanks for the suggestion.

Rudi
10-19-2008, 09:24 PM
I can't believe that there are still people stupidly saying that MLSE is not doing this party to save money.

Putting aside the obvious fact that $50 per person is better than $0 per person, the continued parroting of an erroneous opinion that has already been addressed within this thread just shows how lazy so many in here are. Try reading, it's fundamental.

Red CB Toronto
10-19-2008, 10:11 PM
Paul has already confirmed there will be a party, it was just that with the playoffs still in the cards heading into this weekend anyway unlike last year, they could not set a date til they knew how long the Reds season would be, it would crazy to sked a party and end up having to cancel it due to a playoff game when you can just wait.

mighty_torontofc_2008
10-19-2008, 10:45 PM

Thought's? Comments?

how was the turnout last season? maybe not enough show interest. I could not make it for travel and time reasons. maybe they will have something on later.

Parkdale
10-20-2008, 09:06 AM
^ turnout was good. Certainly there were enough people there to make it worth doing again. There's was a pretty good mob of RPB's there, and I think I saw a Usectorian or two walking around (yo frankie!). Mostly, it was just a good party for people who aren't really down with any of the SG's, but wanted a little more involvement than you're average fan.

And there was a taco tree, that I raided

The Kingpin
10-20-2008, 09:19 AM
Well now that there is no playoffs... They can get planning. Easy enough to get this done in time since there is an existing template based on last years event. Just a thought.

Parkdale
10-20-2008, 09:33 AM
or... they just go ahead with what they've already said they're going to do - more casual pub nights.

The Kingpin
10-20-2008, 10:11 AM
or... they just go ahead with what they've already said they're going to do - more casual pub nights.

:sleep:

Parkdale
10-20-2008, 10:14 AM
The pub night at the madison last year, with like 5 or 6 players was more fun than the 90min party. Plus, it wasn't at Wegz, which was a good hour drive from BMO.

jaahuuu
10-20-2008, 10:18 AM
Booooo...IIRC it was only a few hours notice for these. I'm to far away to have a chance to go, and with having to get time off from work, and work blocking access to personal email, I'd need 24-48 hours notice. I hope I can go to the 90' party this year, I missed it last year, I was in Boston.

Parkdale
10-20-2008, 10:24 AM
the one I'm talking about, at the Madison had weeks of notice. Maybe they just leaked it
to use early though.

sulfur
10-20-2008, 10:33 AM
All of them had a few days' notice... at least on here...

alexintoronto
10-20-2008, 10:34 AM
Ya the Madison party was great. Especially when 'Denise' won that prize.

Parkdale
10-20-2008, 11:27 AM
^ I know... that was too funny. He was pissed but tried not to let it show.

nascarguy
10-22-2008, 04:01 AM
me want to party.....:drinking::drinking::michael::michael::f luffy: