PDA

View Full Version : Blades rule out move for Gerard - TFC bound???

TorontoBlades
10-15-2008, 11:12 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/s/sheff_utd/7670973.stm

Sheffield United boss Kevin Blackwell will not be signing midfielder Gerard Lopez following his trial at the club.
The ex-Barcelona man, 29, is likely to go and play in the United States.
Blackwell told BBC Radio Sheffield that it is difficult for players to show their capabilities in the short time they have on trial.
"It's difficult for them to get match fit - they have to impress in two or three days. We have a good squad, it's hard for them to break in," he said. Spain international Gerard has played for Valencia, Alaves, Barca and Monaco and was at Recreativo Huelva last season.

Could this be a target??? - Carver has connections to Blackwell...

Shaughno
10-15-2008, 11:14 AM
Would be a solid pick up if it were to come to fruition.

TFC OZZ
10-15-2008, 11:56 AM
but hes a defensive midfielder... as long as he's not a DP, than I'm perfectly content with Robbo

Ossington Mental Youth
10-15-2008, 12:04 PM
i wouldnt be upset if he came here for the right amount of money, couldnt hurt to have decent back up in that position.

Lucky Strike
10-15-2008, 12:12 PM
Seems very good but it's hard to imagine anyone better than Robbo at that position - who would come to the MLS I mean.

Shaughno
10-15-2008, 12:17 PM
You know, I love Robbo and what he does for us, but he's nowhere near the level Lopez is and that's a fact.

Lopez has played top class football, he has International AND Champions League experience and he's actually 3 years YOUNGER than Robbo at that.

Not a chance in hell would I pass this up (non DP anwyay).

TFC 420
10-15-2008, 12:18 PM
this news about Lopez was on MLS rumors 2 weeks ago.

Axeman
10-15-2008, 04:54 PM
Robbo might not be the same level but I would rather fill some holes(DC,ST) then get another DM, Robbo's doing fine.

Carter
10-15-2008, 05:07 PM
Last time i Checked 2 is always better than 1.... but from that Report it says hes going to play in The United States.... and as i recall we are not one of the 50 states...

Shaughno
10-15-2008, 05:17 PM
Last I checked anytime anyone from abroad has talked about Toronto FC they have labeled us as a part of the States ;)

Axeman
10-15-2008, 05:36 PM
Last time i Checked 2 is always better than 1.... but from that Report it says hes going to play in The United States.... and as i recall we are not one of the 50 states...
Almost:D

TorontoBlades
10-16-2008, 09:00 AM
Last I checked anytime anyone from abroad has talked about Toronto FC they have labeled us as a part of the States ;)

Exactly. Play FIFA08 and if TFC is your club, you are quized on the history of the USMNT. It part of the nature of playing in another country's domestic league