PDA

View Full Version : DP - Gattuso

sampace
10-15-2008, 10:08 AM
Let's bring in Gattuso for midfielder, he certainly would work well with Dichio if he can stay healthy. The two of them would bang up opponents quite nicely.:hump:

MartinUtd
10-15-2008, 10:09 AM
No thanks, we have Tyler Roselund

Shaughno
10-15-2008, 10:10 AM
^^ :rofl:

sampace
10-15-2008, 10:14 AM
Tyler may have potential but he certainly is no Gattuso. The Reds would be lucky to land him. But he certainly would be an upgrade over what they currently have, and also lack ... Leadership. Brennen should be stripped of his captaincy, especially after his show with the Men's National Team. Just a matter of time before he turns his stripes on TFC. Bench him not play him, he'll whine about it to the media. Real Leaders play for the team. :hump:

Shaughno
10-15-2008, 10:15 AM
Wow..

flatpicker
10-15-2008, 10:23 AM
I must confess that all these DP speculations threads are getting a little tiresome.

How about we talk about it when there are actually rumoured signings??? Other than Henry!

Ossington Mental Youth
10-15-2008, 10:24 AM
Gattuso and Rosenlund play two diff midfield positions if im not mistaken.
I believe Rosenlund is backup for Guevara.
As a result Gattuso would play in place of Robinson.
Dont see that happening.
He'd be a good signing tho, even if he is a bit older.

ACSertL
10-15-2008, 10:26 AM
Umm I think the real issue here is this:

How in God's name could we expect to land Gennaro Gattuso when he turned down Bayern in the off season.

TFC > Bayern Munich ??

deschamp86
10-15-2008, 10:34 AM
Tyler may have potential but he certainly is no Gattuso. The Reds would be lucky to land him. But he certainly would be an upgrade over what they currently have, and also lack ... Leadership. Brennen should be stripped of his captaincy, especially after his show with the Men's National Team. Just a matter of time before he turns his stripes on TFC. Bench him not play him, he'll whine about it to the media. Real Leaders play for the team. :hump:

So Brennan quits the NT, thus making his availibility for TFC greater. So we strip his captaincy? Leadership for the NT has nothing to do with TFC.

Cambridge_Red
10-15-2008, 10:39 AM
LOL this shit gets better everyday.

stugautz
10-15-2008, 10:46 AM
Lets get someone who can finish as a DP. The rest can take care of itself.

mighty_torontofc_2008
10-15-2008, 10:57 AM

while i have been critical of Brennans play this year for TFC what he did by walking out on the Canadian team was brilliant and needed to be done
(play twisted sisters- were not going to take it any more..here) And brennan deserves a pat on the back for that. Gattuso if TFC hold a spitting contest then Gattuso's the man, he spits on everybody, that we could do without at TFC. Rosenlund would be much better.
back to Canada...real leaders play for the team?? the whole canadian team,,except Brennan and Sutton were igo inflated,lazy, shite that was over rated ( best midfield in concacaf my arse) we are no better the Cuba or Belize that where we are. The CSA and Mitchell have beeen blmed rightly soo so now lets put them blame on the players where it really belongs!!!

invictusTFC
10-15-2008, 10:59 AM
I must confess that all these DP speculations threads are getting a little tiresome.

How about we talk about it when there are actually rumoured signings??? Other than Henry!

QFT!!!!

I can sit here and suggest a million and one names about who we should sign but it is pointless. Lets have rational discussions about the DP once he has been signed or at least been made an offer... The rest of this is utter garbage.

Furthermore, why on earth are we still talking about finding someone to play with Dichio? We should be talking about replacing the man. He is and will always be a TFC legend, but his playing days are all but done... Players like Barrett and Ibbe are our future not DD.

MartinUtd
10-15-2008, 11:05 AM
Gattuso and Rosenlund play two diff midfield positions if im not mistaken.
I believe Rosenlund is backup for Guevara.
As a result Gattuso would play in place of Robinson.
Dont see that happening.
He'd be a good signing tho, even if he is a bit older.

Didn't he play a defensive mid role a while back? I'm thinking it was against Colorado

invictusTFC
10-15-2008, 11:07 AM
Gattuso if TFC hold a spitting contest then Gattuso's the man, he spits on everybody, that we could do without at TFC. Rosenlund would be much better.

Wow, now I've heard everything!!! Rosenlund better than Gattuso!!! Why do some people on this thread insist on over-valuing the talent that we have. If Rosenlund was as good or "better" than Gattuso, he'd be plying his trade over in Europe with the big boys. He's nothing but a bench warmer on this team. He's not even on the CMNT. Unbelivable some of the comparisons people make!!!

trane
10-15-2008, 11:11 AM

How in God's name could we expect to land Gennaro Gattuso when he turned down Bayern in the off season.

TFC > Bayern Munich ??

I was just about to post that.

However, I must comment that I cannot believe that some on this board, would seriously not take Gattuso. Not that he would come. But any way.

Don Julio
10-15-2008, 11:14 AM
Let's trade for a second DP spot and pick up Aguero while we're at it.. He's still young and I think he could contribute in this league.

Ossington Mental Youth
10-15-2008, 11:56 AM
Didn't he play a defensive mid role a while back? I'm thinking it was against Colorado
Pretty sure it was Harmse playing the DM role and Rosenlund has always been an attacking mid, i could very well be wrong

TFC07
10-15-2008, 11:56 AM

TFC > Bayern Munich ??

I believe Gattuso is good friends with Mo Johnson. Gattuso was in Toronto last year having dinner with Mo.

I personally don't want TFC use their DP on Gattuso, but I wouldn't mind if TFC sign Gattuso for $300K per season.

TFC OZZ
10-15-2008, 11:59 AM
I believe Gattuso is good friends with Mo Johnson. Gattuso was in Toronto last year having dinner with Mo.

I personally don't want TFC use their DP on Gattuso, but I wouldn't mind if TFC sign Gattuso for $300K per season.

I remember that too.

ACSertL
10-15-2008, 12:12 PM

Well Gattuso also met his wife while he was over here.

I just think that it is a stretch to land someone like him over here when he's been courted by much bigger clubs. The guy can still play at a high level.

joel
10-15-2008, 12:17 PM
Anything but a DP striker or attacking midfielder is pointless. If you're not against world class attack you don't need world class defence.

zeelaw
10-15-2008, 12:33 PM
We have bigger concerns then a d-midfielder

Ivan
10-15-2008, 01:01 PM
I remember that too.

I was at the CSL game last summer (Serbia vs. Italia Shooters) when Gattuso showed up. I couldn't believe it was him. I asked about the connection and there were some theories, like his cousin plays for the Shooters or he owns a part of the team etc. Not sure. I do know he met his wife in Toronto when he played for Rangers and they had an exhibition game here and she was at the game (thanks Wiki), and that must be how he knows Mo, too...from the Rangers days.

But I think there's no way he's coming here to play.

Blazer
10-15-2008, 01:06 PM
Ummm, why the hell would he play here? That’s like asking Mick Jagger to perform at a high school rock concert.

brad
10-15-2008, 01:11 PM
I was just about to post that.

However, I must comment that I cannot believe that some on this board, would seriously not take Gattuso. Not that he would come. But any way.

If we signed him, he would be the best player in the MLS, and half the people on this board would bitch and complain about how much he sucks because he's not doing step overs in the midfield and scoring lots of goals.

mighty_torontofc_2008
10-15-2008, 01:24 PM
Wow, now I've heard everything!!! Rosenlund better than Gattuso!!! Why do some people on this thread insist on over-valuing the talent that we have. If Rosenlund was as good or "better" than Gattuso, he'd be plying his trade over in Europe with the big boys. He's nothing but a bench warmer on this team. He's not even on the CMNT. Unbelivable some of the comparisons people make!!!

i never said he was more skilled, just that we would not have to put up with Gattuso antics with Rosenlund...

yellowfellow
10-15-2008, 01:31 PM

Looks like Dale Mitchell have signed up on this forum :eek:

invictusTFC
10-15-2008, 01:32 PM
i never said he was more skilled, just that we would not have to put up with Gattuso antics with Rosenlund...

Antics... C'mon, aside from that spitting incident, he has had a commendable career. He has been a critical part of several winning teams. Nobody's perfect in this sport... We signed players like Guevara, Ruiz, Ricketts and Robert with baggage just this season alone. While Rosenlung might be squeaky clean he will never be able to bring to the table what Gattuso will bring.

mighty_torontofc_2008
10-15-2008, 01:40 PM
Antics... C'mon, aside from that spitting incident, he has had a commendable career. He has been a critical part of several winning teams. Nobody's perfect in this sport... We signed players like Guevara, Ruiz, Ricketts and Robert with baggage just this season alone. While Rosenlung might be squeaky clean he will never be able to bring to the table what Gattuso will bring.

Guevara,Ricketts are great TFC players,,Ruiz? unroven at this point...
less said about Robert the better...But under no circumstances bring Gattuso to TFC...anyone but him or anyother player who has played at
Ibrox.

Bobo
10-15-2008, 03:31 PM
We need game changing attackers. A DM is a waste of a dp. I'll do with Pirlo though.

TheRenter
10-15-2008, 10:06 PM
Gattuso, yah right, whether we're in serious need of a midfielder or not, and not because we need a finisher, we're not getting Gennaro Gattuso

seriously

tfc_4_ever
10-15-2008, 10:35 PM
Gattuso= Little Kitten

StandUpIfYouHateChelsea
10-15-2008, 11:16 PM
we need to strenghten our defence, well look up Mario Yepes, he just defended against brazil IN brazil to 0-0 tie he is unsigned

The Oz
10-16-2008, 05:27 PM
Gattuso, yah right, whether we're in serious need of a midfielder or not, and not because we need a finisher, we're not getting Gennaro Gattuso

seriously

QFFT! Please, you guys break my heart with all these bullshit wishful thinking DP suggestions, there will be no henry, no gattuso, no del piero, no treasuguet, and no inzaghi. Please be a little more realistic, as much as I wish we had Henry (the gooner lol) he wont be here, he will be in a big town like NYshitBulls or LA which has grass. And on that note we wont have ANY of these guys till we replace the turf with grass. How about we talk about something that might happen, perhaps like we might actually make the playoffs with two games left?

Toronto_Bhoy
10-16-2008, 05:36 PM
Gattuso is a fantastic midfielder but if we are going to spend big money on a player he's gotta fill the net…Henrik Larrson style…

Like someone earlier said…"Hmmmm…Bayern Munich or Toronto FC?"…

TFC*FAN
10-16-2008, 05:36 PM
I was going to try to start the most useless thread by talking about the Parti Quebecois as the possible leaders of this country or plans for the Maple Leafs Stanley Cup parade, but they are now obsolete due to this thread.