PDA

View Full Version : Nigel's latest blog

johnmolinaro
10-15-2008, 08:59 AM
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/blogs/2008/10/reasons_to_be_cheerful_for_tor_1.html

John

justin
10-15-2008, 09:20 AM
the pitch invasion was great fun last year, but this year would be dumb. the novelty of having a new team to cheer for is over, and being at the bottom end of the table really doesn't seem like much of a reason to party on the pitch to me. plus its not even our last game of the season, but i'm sure alot of booze infused party goers will be all for it.

ACSertL
10-15-2008, 09:26 AM
the pitch invasion was great fun last year, but this year would be dumb. the novelty of having a new team to cheer for is over, and being at the bottom end of the table really doesn't seem like much of a reason to party on the pitch to me. plus its not even our last game of the season, but i'm sure alot of booze infused party goers will be all for it.

And not to forget that emotions were running extremely high right after Dichio launched that volley over Reis to level the match in stoppage time.

TicTacTabarnack
10-15-2008, 09:49 AM
There's no real reason to invade the pitch this year. Last year was euphoric due to finally having a professional soccer team in Toronto with a great deal of potential considering what the supporters made of it. Celebrating the beginning of something that can be a BIG success for the City! This year ... We have made great progress in building a stronger foundation as Nigel pointed out, but a pitch invasion for celebrating the addition of another "Wooden Spoon" to the trophy case ... I think not!

Roogsy
10-15-2008, 10:01 AM
Somebody will. And he will be uber-lame.